Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Keep Me Safe [ISG]  (Read 35176 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Keep Me Safe [ISG]
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2017, 05:40:54 am »

Mentally ask ourselves what ISLEI stands for.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2017, 02:01:32 pm »

Is that a door underneath the AI screen?
If it is Try to open the door and walk through it.

Drop everything and grab that towel, it might save our life if a pipe breaks and releases acid.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2017, 02:06:59 pm »

Exposit on devices on the right.  Seems to be a sink and shower. If so: can't start the day without teeth brushing and a nice wash.

Also ponder if you can actually hear ephermal suggestions or if that's just an IC meta-narritive response that doesn't actually exist in any meaningful respect.

+1
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2017, 03:34:00 pm »

Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2017, 03:38:07 pm »

towel
+1, especially if this turns out to be a Sci-Fi setting.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2017, 06:58:06 pm »

"Okay, I'll be there soon."

Exposit on devices on the right.  Seems to be a sink and shower. If so: can't start the day without teeth brushing and a nice wash.

Also ponder if you can actually hear ephermal suggestions or if that's just an IC meta-narritive response that doesn't actually exist in any meaningful respect.

Yeah, here's the sink. I keep my toothbrush on the front there, it's got these green bits that make my mouth feel all cold. There's buttons to make the water hotter or colder. And that's the shower back there. It's got more buttons than the sink. Oh, also that's the lavatory in the middle.

Well, ILSEI says I'll understand when I'm older...

I remember her saying something about human brains changing as they grow, and thinking new kinds of thoughts. So maybe that's what this is?

...If so: can't start the day without teeth brushing and a nice wash.

"I will not be strict about your daily routine today"
REBEL! BE WILD AND UNRULY! SKIP YOUR MORNING HYGIENE ROUTINE!!! HAVE NO REGRETS!!!!!!!
+1
+1

Hmm... that's a pretty bad case of bedhead. And ILSEI says I should always keep up good habits. But then again, what's the point of exceptions if I don't use them?

Is that a door underneath the AI screen?
If it is Try to open the door and walk through it.

Drop everything and grab that towel, it might save our life if a pipe breaks and releases acid.

Well, that sounds unlikely, but if you say so.

Also, go through the door...

Yeah, guess I'm all done in here.

Mentally ask ourselves what ISLEI stands for.

Oh. I don't think I've ever thought of that. Does her name stand for something? Maybe I should ask her.

Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2017, 07:11:53 pm »

Ooh, maybe I'm a spontaneously generated Artificial lifeform thing! That'd be cool. Hello! I became aware of myself today.

Or maybe you have some sort of TV-esque case of schizophrenia.

Also let's try left. My left or your left? Mine left appears to be your right at the moment.

Let's go for your left.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2017, 07:15:58 pm »

I feel itchy. Scratch the back of my neck. No, that's not the spot. Slowly start scratching higher up on our head. Ahh.. that's the sp..huh? What's this on the back of my neck?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 08:28:25 pm by OceanSoul »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2017, 08:25:58 pm »

To start with, walk forwards a bit! "Huh, weird, why did I not realise that there was a wall there?"
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2017, 10:38:00 pm »

Realize your towel is sentient. Name it Richard.
If the AI remarks about your towel snap at it and try to shelter Richard from the cruelty of the world.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2017, 11:55:16 pm »

To start with, walk forwards a bit! "Huh, weird, why did I not realise that there was a wall there?"

Huh?

Of course there's a wall there. Why wouldn't there be? Are you trying to confuse me?

Ooh, maybe I'm a spontaneously generated Artificial lifeform thing! That'd be cool. Hello! I became aware of myself today.

Or maybe you have some sort of TV-esque case of schizophrenia.

Hello! Um, nice to meet you? Also, what's schizophrenia?

Also let's try left. My left or your left? Mine left appears to be your right at the moment.

Let's go for your left.

Wait your left? My left?

Oh, I think I get it. This way, right?

Let's go for your left.

Ah, okay. Yeah, that's the quickest way to Hydro alright.

I feel itchy. Scratch the back of my neck. No, that's not the spot. Slowly start scratching higher up on our head. Ahh.. that's the sp..huh? What's this on the back of my neck?

Huh? I don't feel itchy. What are you talking about?

Nothing seems out of the ordinary there. Wait, do you feel itchy? How can you be itchy if you're in my brain?

Realize your towel is sentient. Name it Richard.
If the AI remarks about your towel snap at it and try to shelter Richard from the cruelty of the world.

Brainpeople are weird... but why not.

Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2017, 12:01:17 am »

It's curious that you are capable of hearing us. Have you experienced any significant neurological trauma recently?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2017, 12:03:00 am »

There is a simple rule that I like to follow: If all else fails: go left.

Is it just me, or do your colours sort of clash? Maybe you are colour blind? Or I am? What colours are your items/self/the walls/air...?
Read the First Post!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2017, 12:19:48 am »

Onwards, Nullaria! I wonder if our voices are different. Perhaps, what do I sound like?

Maybe if I do this?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2017, 01:19:25 am »

Realize that richard is talking to you.
"..."
He's very quiet right now.
"why are we going to hydro anyway?"
Wait did he actually talk?
Maybe you're just imagining it.