Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Keep Me Safe [ISG]  (Read 35169 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Keep Me Safe [ISG]
« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2017, 11:01:55 pm »

What DO you know about adults, anyway? When's the last time you saw an adult. Just so you know, we should not be counting ISLEI as an adult. Not that she's young or anything......is she?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2017, 11:10:13 pm »

"Perhaps ask her what other things she has planned for today?"

"Alternatively, you may be getting the Talk. Awkward for all sentients regardless of age or composition."
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 23, 2017, 11:19:01 pm »

...->What if ISLEI WAS all the parents? They joined into her mainframe to make her more powerful/replace old bodies, and the only reason Laria was raised by ISLEI was to keep her sane, as insanity/unsocialness could cause bugs or poor performance? What if WE are the minds of the adults, and Laria's brainwaves, now ready to enter the mainframe, now synchronize with our own, allowing communication with her? We have no memory, as it's now ISLEI's memory/hard-drives/processors/etc.? Or...I could just be paranoid<-...
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 23, 2017, 11:53:39 pm »

Actually, When was the last time you saw a living person?
Heck, What is this facility? is it in space or on a planet?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 24, 2017, 12:21:03 am »

Hey, silly question but, umm, what is the normal range of eye colours?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 24, 2017, 05:35:27 am »

A new voice, this one far more monotone than the others, begins to drone.

"Generally, cake and insane AI tend to go hand in hand. Before you know it, you'll be flinging portals across your ship.

This hypothesis was brought to you by; an idiot.

Birthdays, and other supposedly happy celebrations, are the ideal time for an assault or some kind of disaster to happen that forever changes ones life.

This trope was brought to you by; the same idiot.

I suggest that you ask her if all is well, and then do not eat the cake.

Do not eat the cake.
"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #111 on: March 24, 2017, 01:23:52 pm »

Eat the cake.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 24, 2017, 02:52:35 pm »

"Do not eat the cake."

Eat the cake.

Remove the common sense particle from your brain, a la Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, then simultaneously do not eat the cake and eat the cake.

We're all terrible.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 24, 2017, 05:28:37 pm »

If you eat the cake, take very small bites slowly. Savor it while it lasts.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 25, 2017, 01:22:19 am »

Don't eat the cake. If the insane person wants you to eat cake, DON'T do it.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 25, 2017, 03:10:51 am »

While the cake is quite likely to put you to sleep and make you wake up somewhere to do grown-up things, like taking care of gardens or buying a sensible car, you should still eat it. If it does end up dangerous, We'll do our best to keep you safe.
Besides, we wouldn't want to insult ILSEI, she seems nice. In that, "I have taken care of you all your life, now I will be forced to put you in a wasteland or something silly" kind of way.
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 25, 2017, 04:08:39 am »

Huh??? Stalker-sense tingling! Since when did Spleens do anything but enable my drider addiction?

But I agree with everyone. We have a story about a cake and a friend with many similarities to ILSEI. It ended badly. But there is no reason to believe that this is going to end the same way. That is your special cake for your special day. You should enjoy it. Besides, if ILSEI wanted to drug you they could probably just seal you in there and suck the air out of the room. So there is no reason to doubt the cake. But still, no harm in being prepared, can your provide some mental markers? Things like how you would respond in a situation?

Umm, lets try these(note, completely random...)
What do your think about blue?
Would you rather lose an arm or have ILSEI vanish for a decade?
Do scarves suit you?
Which is more unnerving, tentacles that end in eyes or mouths? Why?
Immediately continue this sequence: one 2 brown, hyphen, blunt, cowl, ?
Mushrooms, yes or no? Why?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 25, 2017, 08:03:04 am »

The monotone voice interrupts any response almost immediately.

"Agreed. The cake is a lie.

I like scarves.
"

It then promptly stops speaking.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 25, 2017, 09:27:39 am »

Mushrooms, yes or no? Why?
Remember, Laria; don't do drugs.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 25, 2017, 09:32:04 am »

You are allowed to have cake. I don't think that Robo-Nanny would wake you up just to kill you.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11