Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: Slaughterhelm: Fortress of the Void (Deathgate III)  (Read 47391 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Slaughterhelm: Fortress of the Void (Deathgate III)
« on: February 01, 2017, 05:33:51 pm »

SLAUGHTERHELM: FORTRESS OF THE VOID

Spoiler: Fortress Location (click to show/hide)

Turn List
Flame
Ryukan
Gigmaster
Maximum Spin

Snackfox
tundra1232 (partial year)
warbluke (finished tundra's year)
Flame
auzewasright

Rules
1. DFhack is allowed as long as you don't cheat much or you can justify it in-universe.
2. If the Voidgod dies, whoever is the Voidgod at the time takes a turn after the current turn is done.
2.5. If Terry kills the Voidgod, whoever is playing at the time is now the new Voidgod. They are required to Voidgod up their character.
3. If the fort is going to fall, I take a turn.

Quotes
None yet!

Overseer's Log

Apparently we never packed the real overseer's log. I think it's in my room back at Obeyedlashes. I had to buy this one from the fall caravan.

Anyway, I'm Vabok Arrowkindled. I'm the overseer for this new fortress. We founded it nine months ago, in an area supposedly rich in gold and other metals. Things have gone well since then. We've haven't seen hide or hair of demons or voidspawn since. I hope we'll be safe from them forever.

The fortress's development has been rather slow. Several migrants have arrived. We have farms, a food stockpile, workshops, bedrooms, a hospital, and we're working on the magma forges. All of this makes me hope for the future. But that's not the main reason I'm hopeful.

With our seven came one more - an eighth. Flame Chaosbane the Humble Awe-inspiring Slayer of Void. The Voidgod. Our savior. May Armok have mercy on our souls.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 04:25:56 pm by TheFlame52 »

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
Re: Slaughterhelm: Fortress of the Void (Deathgate III)
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 05:35:31 pm »

It returns... sign me up for turn 2
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 07:20:00 pm »

Aha! Something which exists!

I shall have no time for turns, but a dwarf of my own I shall have! I don't particularly care what you give me, I might write some journals or something.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 08:01:49 pm »

I did those things. Ryukan, you want a dwarf?

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 08:57:57 pm »

I did those things. Ryukan, you want a dwarf?

Not yet, I want a scholar dwarf, which you probably can't spare one out of your starting seven, so I'll wait til my turn to make one.

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 09:21:29 pm »

I got a mechanic scholar in the first migrant wave. You're him now.

Something to note: You aren't the dwarf. You're a void spirit that kicks the dwarf's soul out of their body and takes them over.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2017, 09:33:48 pm »

I got a mechanic scholar in the first migrant wave. You're him now.

Something to note: You aren't the dwarf. You're a void spirit that kicks the dwarf's soul out of their body and takes them over.

Oh yeah, i forgot that tiny wittle aspect of the deathgate saga

OAOGigmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey Domas! Let's visit the tavern with DEMONS!"
    • View Profile
    • OAOGigmaster's Twitch Channel
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 12:47:39 pm »

Yo. Requesting an overseer turn and a dwarfing. Dwarf of your choice; I'll come up with a funny character.

Going to stream my turn (as I PMed you about) on my channel when my time comes around.
Mondays @ 4pm EST, 9pm GMT: Dwarf Fortress Nightmares
Fridays @ 4pm EST, 9pm GMT: Dwarf Fortress Successions
twitch.tv/oaogigmaster

"Of course the frelling monarch is the last to die."

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2017, 01:24:08 pm »

You're one of the founding miners.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2017, 03:19:23 pm »

Overseer's Log

Many things have been happening! Along with this book, I also bought some armor and weapons from the caravan. At the Voidgod's request, I got the cheapest, crappiest stuff they had. Unfortunately there were no breastplates or mail shirts. But after I bought the stuff, the Voidgod took it, spat on it, polished it with a rag, and turned it all into masterwork adamantine! He took a shield and did the same thing, but this time it turned into a deep black stone. He declared it fit for him and put it all on. Now he's walking around bare-chested. What a view!

Soon after, we got a gang of migrants. A speardwarf was included, so the Voidgod had me buy a spear. That makes our military three dwarves - one macedwarf, one speardwarf, and the Voidgod.

The Voidgod adopted a couple of cats. A bit out of character, but okay then.

Fortress life is improving. We're eating roasts now and the engravers are smoothing the walls of the fort.

Several magma crabs got in. One of our masons punched all of them to death. No wounded. Speaking of which, all the magma forges are up and running. I helped dig out the last of the magma works. I also dug a pit that goes all the way from the main fortress down into the magma sea. It will be our dump zone.

Winter has arrived. I'm rushing to get things done that I want done before I pass on the fort's leadership.

A kobold thief tried to get into the fort, but the Voidgod spotted it and chased it away. He was really mad that he couldn't catch it.

Over the course of a month or so, we opened all three caverns. Each entrance has been fortified with a drawbridge and cage traps. The first two caverns have been explored, but not the third. The second cavern had some tetrahedrite, so I had the miners dig out what was easily accessible.

During all this, we had some troubles with the cavern wildlife, but the military took care of it easily. Even without a sword, the Voidgod is a force of destruction. I saw him tear crundles in half with his bare hands. All while bare chested, or should I say, "bear" chested. Heehee! The only wound was Founder Mafol, who has taken to calling himself "Amperzand". A cave toad attacked him and injured his knee. He's been acting strangely lately...

A few days before spring, a werechinchilla attacked! The Voidgod spotted it, and he and the rest of the military made short work of it. No injuries.

We got enough copper from the tetrahedrite to make some chainmail and breastplates. The smith also made a short sword. The Voidgod took his set, did his spit-and-rag trick, and now he has a sword and a full suit of armor. He's a sight to behold...

Anyway, it's spring now, and it's time to hand my overseership to the next dwarf. Ryukan, his name is. I think he'll treat the fort well.

SAVE: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12696

Also, I've added a few rules to the OP. They aren't very strict.

OAOGigmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2017, 05:54:48 pm »

What's going on with the Voidgod character? And who's Terry?

Nice, neat, clean turn! Happy to see we aren't going to all turn into... werechinchillas. (WTF?)
twitch.tv/oaogigmaster

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2017, 06:00:18 pm »

Nice, neat, clean turn! Happy to see we aren't going to all turn into... werechinchillas. (WTF?)

Ive never read deathgate and I know who terry is....

OAOGigmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2017, 07:42:06 pm »

Durrrrrrr.

ELI5 plox.
twitch.tv/oaogigmaster

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2017, 08:09:56 pm »

AnimaRytak started the Voidgod tradition when he reclaimed Murdermachines with a ridiculously DFhacked character. That character eventually died, but the name stuck.

Terry was what we called the various glitches and bugs that plagued Deathgate and its successors. In true Bay 12 form, said abomination made an account and started posting on the forums. Someone gave him a dwarf too. We all chose colors and aspects. I chose order and light, the opposite of Terry. Then during my turn I forced Terry's dwarf to stand in a room and get stabbed to death with repeating spikes. He never got another dwarf.
And here was Terry's reaction to that event, so you know I'm not lying:
Now, on the list of things that are not OK, that was really not OK.
Between that, Anima's disappearance, my writing of the ending of Murdermachines, and the fact that I was voted as the new Voidgod, I became the new Voidgod.

Anyway, you should definitely not worry about the fact that I said dwarves can physically be killed by Terry. Don't worry about the demons, either.

OAOGigmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2017, 09:23:22 pm »

Quote from: TheFlame52
Anyway, you should definitely not worry about the fact that I said dwarves can physically be killed by Terry. Don't worry about the demons, either.
Catagorically, I'm more worried about enui in DF than I am demons.

I'm not sure if that moreso says something about demons, or about me.
twitch.tv/oaogigmaster

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16