Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: Slaughterhelm: Fortress of the Void (Deathgate III)  (Read 47893 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: Slaughterhelm: Fortress of the Void (Deathgate III)
« Reply #165 on: November 14, 2017, 08:18:58 pm »

Put the folder in a zip file first.

warbluke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 15, 2017, 06:32:07 am »

Allright, I did it and it showed the whole 1%-100% loading bar, but once it finished it didn't show anything.
Again, really sorry about the time this is taking.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #167 on: November 15, 2017, 06:43:52 am »

If you're on Windows, the easiest way to do this is right click saves in Dwarf Fortress, Send To -> Compressed File. You'll end up with a new file called saves.zip. Upload to DFMA.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

warbluke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 15, 2017, 03:35:16 pm »

Okay, one more question before I (Hopefully) get this up.
What's DFMA?
Again, I am so sorry it's taking this long.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #169 on: November 15, 2017, 04:27:19 pm »

Okay, one more question before I (Hopefully) get this up.
What's DFMA?
Again, I am so sorry it's taking this long.

Fatfingered it. What I meant to write was DFFD: http://dffd.bay12games.com - it's essentially an official place to swap DF stuff. Once you got the ZIP file, upload it there, and drop the link here. We can make sure everything is good before officially calling your turn concluded.
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

warbluke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 15, 2017, 05:00:08 pm »

Donezo, Thanks for all the assistance.
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13172

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 15, 2017, 05:18:18 pm »

Awesome! Ryukan is technically next but I don't think he'll pick up the save. Any volunteers?

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #172 on: November 15, 2017, 05:43:44 pm »

Awesome! Ryukan is technically next but I don't think he'll pick up the save. Any volunteers?

I'm thinking about it real hard, I may peer into the save after I sleep and decide how much Terry is there.

Right now I'm brainsurgerying Archcrystal's to have books, and I'd have to decide if I want to roll a new character or pick up w/ the DF survivor.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #173 on: November 18, 2017, 09:05:00 am »

I just downloaded the save to take a look, and holy mother what am I looking at.

We have an invasion of hell on the surface. The voidgod's health screen looks like something out of a Steve King novel since he's fire proof. We have a Grand Master Animal Dissector, rather disturbing literature in the library, and ...

TBH I don't think Deathgate was this nuts five years in.

I'm sorely tempted to get the demons below to fight the demons above. I'm also tempted to build a bunch of animal traps and see if we can get a legendary animal dissector just for lols. That being said, running on the laptop, DF in ASCII mode is far too unreadable, and GemSet looks odd with this fortress.

warbluke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 18, 2017, 06:57:14 pm »

It's not that bad, a little elbow grease and some liberal Voidgod application and we'll pull through right as rain!

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 19, 2017, 10:26:47 am »

Heeeey. I read the first Deathgate and this one. Can I be dorfed? :D I want to take part in the slaughter!
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 21, 2017, 08:23:17 pm »

Nicely handled, warbluke.

I must admit, a demonic siege was unexpected, given the time I've not read the previous years, but you sure...

Uh.

*looks around at everything on fire*

Handled it?

Poor militia and Tulon II. I can only assume Tulon II died by being hit with a falling cheese in the head.

I can only assume they died in the heat, given the accidental nature.

And I guess the demons got scared of voidgod. Heh.

...Or maybe they're setting up archery encampments and laying siege.

I bet they can't climb down either, so it won't be just over in a year either.

Poor civilian lemming builders. Need a lemming statue.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 26, 2017, 05:03:23 pm »

Let's not update to the new version until we know it's done with bugfixes.

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:16]
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 30, 2017, 07:47:48 pm »

Ello again chaps. I've gotten back into DF after a period of apathy. I dunno if anyone remembers, but I took one of the last few turns in Murdermachines.

Now I am all caught up with the shenanigans going on here, things seem to have gotten a whole lot more messy with the Clowns.

PTW for now, I may take a turn or two. Do we have any dorfing list or anything like we had in Murdermachines?
When all is lost, remember the bees.
What the fuck. Is some random undorfed recruit now our new Darkwing? Hell, even Darkwing just managed to kill two clowns before he went down. It's beyond me that a frigging recruit in the Official Voidspawn Feeding Detachment managed a triple kill on Forgotten Armokhumping Beasts.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 30, 2017, 07:58:45 pm »

No list, we just hope people do it. Should I set one up?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16