Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: Slaughterhelm: Fortress of the Void (Deathgate III)  (Read 47464 times)

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:16]
    • View Profile
Re: Slaughterhelm: Fortress of the Void (Deathgate III)
« Reply #180 on: November 30, 2017, 09:29:37 pm »

It's up to you I suppose, a list makes things orderly. Though that may be undesirable in a fort such as this.
When all is lost, remember the bees.
What the fuck. Is some random undorfed recruit now our new Darkwing? Hell, even Darkwing just managed to kill two clowns before he went down. It's beyond me that a frigging recruit in the Official Voidspawn Feeding Detachment managed a triple kill on Forgotten Armokhumping Beasts.

warbluke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 25, 2017, 11:24:00 am »

Happy Holidays Slaughterhelm! Please don't die...

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 26, 2017, 05:37:45 pm »

Anyone free to take a turn? Don't make me take control!

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 03, 2018, 10:37:14 am »

You must be truly desperate...

to come to me for help...

Does anyone remember me? Does anyone care? If it's for Deathgate the Third, I'll step in for a round, just to keep the train rolling. I'm surprised to see that the flame is still being carried, it is not a thing that should be allowed to rest.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 03, 2018, 08:21:18 pm »

I remember you. I included your dwarf in the finale of Murdermachines. Take that turn! FOR THE GLORY!

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 08, 2018, 02:33:07 pm »

Give me a little bit to catch up on this thread, I didn't even know we had a Deathgate III until the other day. Grats on carrying the torch, guys.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

warbluke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 11, 2018, 12:52:48 pm »

I think you might have to take that turn Flame.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 18, 2018, 08:53:27 am »

I have taken control.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 18, 2018, 12:05:56 pm »

This fortress is a mess. There are corpses everywhere. Ghosts float in the halls. Vomit, blood, ichor, and goo cover everything. The surface is on fire. Our walls have ramps going right over them. The demons outside can just walk right in.

Home sweet home.

I'm going to have to do something about these demons. After I take a nap.

They all ran away. I only got to kill one demon, then the rest fled. Oh well, at least the danger is past.

Time to clean. Make coffins! Make slabs! Get this moody dwarf some silk! Tame these animals!

What, migrants? No useful skills, but there's like 30 of them. We need the haulers. Also, there's an axedwarf. Sparring with me will make him a demigod.

A scholar visited and transformed into a werechinchilla in the main staircase. I couldn't get there in time, but it was taken care of by a pair of miners. One of the new migrants was infected. He has been locked into his hospital room.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 19, 2018, 04:38:49 pm »

A minotaur attacked. I killed it. Demons attacked. They ran away before I could get there. I killed a single snatcher. Then we were attacked by a tortoise with deadly blood. I killed that too. The blood causes drowsiness, but I'm fine. We have a lot of sleepy cats around. Then we got attacked by ANOTHER minotaur, but this one killed two dwarves before I could get there.

Also at some point we got another wave of migrants. We now number 99 dwarves. Except not just dwarves, because we also have about 20 humans as well. Two of them are even married!

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 19, 2018, 05:59:13 pm »

Reading through death gate, glad to know it is still alive.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 20, 2018, 06:59:54 pm »

Voidspawn! Get inside NOW! Wall up the entrance! I will defend you.

I stand atop the wall. In the distance. I see them.
I see H̘̀̈́͠Ī͟M̠͉̬̳̭̍ I̴̹͉̰͚̼̩̠͊̿͌ͯ̈ ͛͏͕̩̭̫̺S̄͠͏͎̞̘̩̟̟̣̀E̩͎ͧͣ̑͆̈ͤ́ͥ̐͢͠E̸͙̮͇ͯ̒̅̓ͦͫ̿͂͜ ̵̡͕͔̻̠̠̩̔̉̓͐I̪̙̻̥̙͓̤̻̝̔͐ͧͬ̈́̑̉ ̨̦̣̥̲̮ͨ͐͊̓̈́͒̀͢Ș͓̗͎͒̔ͦ̃̾̃ͬ̓͛͝ͅE̵͈̜̰͖͓͔ͫ͌̃ͮͣ̏ͫ̔͜Ę̷͔͓ͧͣͣ͐̋ A̸̴̡̞̪̰̗̩̱͎̗̪͖͐͗̔ͣ͌͐́̊̒͋̇ͥͭ̀̀A̵̝͙̜̘̥͓̠̘̻̫̲̪̰̙̲͎͔̥ͭ̈́ͮ̋͊̆̽̀͝À̵̳̯̹̳̠̥̣͔̟̝̣̝̻͊̆̂̈̿͛̽̒̅̉͑̀͜͝Ḁ̸̢͚͙̪̩̣̤̤̭̣̭͍͕̫͌̐̊͒̄͂̓͒́̕A̧̍̐́ͥ̋ͮ̒̿̆̚҉̣̘͉̼̕͡Ā̢̢̠̮̜͕̯͚̞̜̻̣͐ͤ͒͆͐̕̕͡ͅU̗̲͉̙̥͈̳̙̤͚̘̹̝̇́ͦ̾ͨͧ͗̀̍ͧ̃́̕͝͞͞ͅĢ̧̥͕̟͕̜ͧ̆͗̀̉̿̐̂̓ͅH̡̧̳̝̞͍ͧ̿ͦ͋͛̊̓̏ͦ

Time has unpassed. The siege comes again. I repeat my orders. As I see the last brick slot into place, I charge. My eyes are fixed on HIM. The puny trolls and beak dogs flee before my terrible wrath. The thralls are chaff beneath my blade. But there are so many of them. I am surrounded. One by one they fall. Only  HE remains. Then HE too falls. I am victorious. But there are more.

While I am distracted HE breaks my ankle. Then my knee. Then my wrist. I drop my sword. My shield is my wrath. I crush the limbs and skulls of the voidspawn.

At last it is just HE and I. He is crippled. So am I. We thrash on the ground. My shield turns his bones to paste. He grabs my joints and bends them backwards. The pain is nothing. My flesh is corrupted by HIS blood. It is nothing. HE is nothing. I will be victorious. Max lifts me and hauls me away from my crippled enemy.

Neither of us won. The doctors cut away the rot, bound my wounds. I lay in bed for weeks. The dwarven caravan came and went. The liaison met with the mayor, who ordered us steel, booze, and lye.

As I lie here, I console myself with one fact:

FLAME 2, TERRY 0

warbluke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 21, 2018, 10:35:41 am »

Do you have any screenshots of the fight? Sounds like it was pretty awesome!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 21, 2018, 02:39:08 pm »

It's very difficult for me to get screenshots on this computer, but most of the fight went like this:

warbluke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 21, 2018, 04:11:53 pm »

Huh, I thought it would be more dramatic. I suppose it makes sense, the Voidgod is a god after all.
This raises a question though:
If when a voidspawn bites something it turns into a voidspawn, What happens when the Voidgod bites a voidspawn?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16