Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Custom construction  (Read 364 times)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Custom construction
« on: February 01, 2017, 09:38:33 pm »

Is there a way to make a custom construction in DF? I know you can't do this solely with raws, but can you accomplish this by using DFHack as well? Thanks.

EDIT: Also I'm aiming to use C++ for this one, since I know bubkes about Lua.
EDIT #2: If at all possible, could you also still be able to assign work orders to the building? I just it to show up in the construction menu and be able to be mass-designated.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 11:00:41 pm by bloop_bleep »
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Custom construction
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 02:15:53 am »

Ah, I read up a little on viewscreen "hooks" and such, so perhaps I'll make it a regular custom workshop, but then move the build option over to the "Constructions" menu. Does anyway know how to make it be mass-designatable?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Custom construction
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 04:07:34 pm »

AFAIK there is no way to make it mass designatable.

If you don't want to deal with modifying the viewscreens yourself, there is a script/module that will do it for you, see "modtools/edit-build-menu.lua".
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS