Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Interactions - quick question  (Read 356 times)

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
Interactions - quick question
« on: February 01, 2017, 07:54:42 am »

Jog my memory because I've been absent from interaction writing for some time now,
how do I make an interaction only effect creatures already under the effects of a perquisite interaction?
I want one interaction to knock out creature A, and then creature B who did the interaction to be capable of another interaction that will only take effect on creatures under the effects of the first interaction.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
Re: Interactions - quick question
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 08:02:29 am »

Alright figured out a workaround. By making them sterile for a few ticks in the first interaction (CE_ADD:STERILE) and making the second interaction IT_REQUIRES:STERILE I'm able to make it work.

LCastillo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 01:48:49 am »

Alright figured out a workaround. By making them sterile for a few ticks in the first interaction (CE_ADD:STERILE) and making the second interaction IT_REQUIRES:STERILE I'm able to make it work.

You could also make it transform them into another creature class.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 05:11:33 am »

Easier way to do it is to add a CAN_DO_INTERACTION that adds an interaction that does nothing for that amount of time then have it require the syndrome class, unless I'm misremembering and that's just DFHack wankery that I've buried myself too deep into.