Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Forest World(TechFortress Thread)  (Read 4527 times)

skelepound

• Bay Watcher
  • Deciever, I name thee Cael
    • View Profile
Re: Forest World(TechFortress Thread)
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2017, 09:44:09 pm »

seems legit. Also, in a later update for Schools of Magic, im thinking of adding a wrokshop that teaches magic based on what civ you play - humans have a cleric workshop, dwarves can create technomancers, elves can make druids, and goblins can create warlocks. Do you think you could help with that too? Not related to this mod, but ill totally give you credit on the download page.
My magic mod, Schools of Magic:
----------------------------------
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=162596.0
GENERATION 28:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2017, 10:41:46 pm »

Okay, I have a strange problem. I've created the Electrician's Workshop and the reaction for creating wire coils works just fine, but I'm having trouble with requiring the Electromagnetics Workshop to use wire coils as a build item; it just shows "Needs copper wire coils", even when I brought 20 at embark. And yes, I did add [TOOL:COIL_WIRE] to the dwarven entity file. This is why it's taking so long for me to do this, otherwise I would've sent this to you two days ago.

I'll just remove that requirement and test the electromagnetic coil-making reaction.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2017, 10:42:19 pm »

Oh, and yeah, I'll totally help you with your other mod.
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

skelepound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2017, 12:14:05 am »

COOL! I still have to add a few new magical metals, but since they shouldnt really upset the framework of the mod so far, just download SCHOOLS OF MAGIC from the DF mod download page(i put a link), and a)make elves, gobs and humans playable, and b) make a wrokshop that can make humans gain a cleric spell(just one, proly the strength or lesser healing one), dwarves get a wizard spell(the technomancy one), elves get a druid spell(choose any, maybe wolves) and goblins get a walock spell(fireball or plague would be good choices). If you can make multiple spells gettable thas cool - but don't give all of the spells. 3 tops, maybe 4 at a push.
GENERATION 28:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2017, 01:56:04 am »

IIRC, goblins, humans, and elves can be made playable by simply adding [SITE_CONTROLLABLE] to their entities. Apparently Toady already added all the permitted workshops and things to the original raws.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2017, 01:58:50 am »

For part b), you can't make a workshop teach people spells directly, but you can probably make them produce books that do so via interactions, or if you're aiming for cleanness, you can use some DFHack trickery, presuming said trickery exists.

skelepound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2017, 01:21:49 pm »

I figured it would just produce a bit of liquid that, when drunk, would cause a specific interaction - so Elven Holy Water makes you a Druid that summons Satyrs, and the Black Potion produced by Goblins teaches fireball or plague or whatever. Or maybe a bit of gas, and a couple of people get magics.
GENERATION 28:

skelepound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2017, 01:22:54 pm »

BUT, back to the matter at hand - is there anyone else here? It was supposed to be 3 or 4 people, and im presonally too busy to get much done.
GENERATION 28:

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2017, 01:44:36 pm »

Sounds easy enough, I'll start on it soon.

skelepound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2017, 01:55:15 pm »

Cewl. Basically alot like the brewers workshop, but make it require gems or something. Rubies for dorfs, and, assuming that you get traders, sapphires for elves, Clear Tourmaline for humans proly, and onyx for gobbos. Can't have em grabbing up plants and making incredible techs wif it.
GENERATION 28:

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2017, 03:29:31 pm »

Skelepound, would you like me to make any specific creatures? I like making creatures.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

skelepound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2017, 04:38:06 pm »

It might be a bit of a big request, but could you make a civ of creatures? I want it to be a low-pop civ of aliens that are essentially giatn humanoids, like twice as big as people, who are covered in black feathers, entirely eyeless, herbivorous, and highy advanced. They will have great tech and good stats, but limited pop. size. Not too aggro, but if it comes to war they start out with igh tech, and can potentially f*** you up royally. But blind, like i said, and with a mammalian facial structure and features. Tusks would be neat. no tail proly.
GENERATION 28:

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2017, 07:47:52 pm »

About the magic-teaching liquids, I might not be able to make them cause an interaction to the drinker, but I can make them induce a syndrome that allows the drinker to do a specific interaction/interactions themselves, as well as induce speed gain or anything else that can be done via syndromes. Would that work?

skelepound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2017, 08:13:01 pm »

You cannot find a way to give a specif syndrome, a la SPECIALATTACK for werebeasts and stuff?
GENERATION 28:

skelepound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2017, 01:47:36 am »

Sry for the delay, just got to downloading the new techfortress test tree, for the electromagnetics. It sounds like you nailed it - although i might have made the Electromagnetics workshop used for the direct creation og Coilguns as well as electromagnetic coils. But its cool - i like it. Maybe(in the future when the mod is more progress) we can also make Railguns, which will be like Ballistas - bigger and way, way more powerful. Im going - now that V1 of my mod is out - to begin work on a full plan for the tech tree - i only have a bit of a vague outline so far. It will probably feature on the Magnetic/Electric tech tree a load of stuff like Magnetic Forcefields as armor and such. Two other paths I will work on will be Psionics, enhancements for le human(or temporarily dorf) brain, giving that civ abilities like Pyrokinesis, and at top levels, making the people of the fortress immortal. Then there will be Genetic Modification, which allows syndromes to be inflicted in a way not unlike the workshop for the magic we was talkin about, and not unlike the psionic tree either - but its effects will transform the user into mighty beasts and supersoldiers, temporarily or permanently. Also considering Robotics/Cybernetics tree. When I write them up, i will post them here - and if your okay with it, we can start development immediatly. Pikachu17, another creature i wanted to ask you to mage is  huge alien behemoth - an herbivore like the wild goats you find in regular DF on mountains, but it will actually be a megabeast. It should - if possible, have somewhat poor sight, but be highly aggressive. Im thinking something that stands 15 feet tall, on two massive, muscled legs with cloven hooves, six beady little eyes, sharp buck teeth in a triangular shape at the front of its mostly molar filled mouth, and giant horns, black as moonless midnight and twice the length of the monsters head. No arms of any sort, but a long, thick tail. And covered in pale green scales.

Thats the first megabeast for the forest world, and for some extra wildlife, i have idea for a predator. It is a four legged egg shaped creature, with a long thin tail that is covered in tiny, venomous barbs. Its venom causes necrosis if it touches flesh, and it runs at at least 1.5X human speeds. Weak on endurance though - a good coilgun shot should kill it, or at least cripple it/cause major blood loss. it should be a white color - like an egg lol - with slick skin and black blood, if possible. Its head and neck should be short, and its mouth should be relatively non-threatening - after all, it rarely uses it to fight, mainly to gorge itself. If possible, give it no nose, and real good eyesight. And it should be a pack animal that travels in groups of at LEAST 3, pref. more.

One last creature - a smaller species of fungoid, it has no vital organs but funnctions as a living creature just the same, made out of soft tissue. It bleeds pale yellow stuff that the egg guy should be immune to, but if ingested by a human causes bloody vomit and lethargy. It runs at slightly slower than human speed, breeds/matures quickly and in litters, its meat is fully edible - unlike its blood - and it can swim well too. It should be like a six legged lizard looking thing, about the size of a cat, but red and bumpy, with no mouth or ears(and no need to eat or drink, it osmosises) and only one eye. No tail either - it has evolved to quickly reproduce in order to survive where other creatures simply became stronger. It should travel in larger packs than the egg beasties. If you could to that it would be really awesome, bro.
GENERATION 28:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5