Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 57

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 2: Game over! Post-game write up up.  (Read 90539 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 2(8/9): Day 2: Weird voting continues. And somebody died.
« Reply #525 on: March 23, 2017, 07:16:24 pm »

No.

Heres how it goes.
DA is town. I attempt to kill him tonight as a policy kill.
DA is scum. I attempt to kill him tonight for not claiming to me and then making his halfassed case on par with TDS's.

If anyone objects to the above -

TDS is town. I attempt to kill him tonight as a policy kill.
TDS is scum. I attempt to kill him tonight for his even more particularly halfassed case.

Any objections to one or both?
I think you're going to have to explain what you mean by a policy kill. You might as well explain why I should have any motivation to claim just because you ask me to while you're at it.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: March 23, 2017, 08:11:33 pm »

Okay, Cinder, then who did you inspect last Night?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: March 23, 2017, 10:54:20 pm »

PFP (Hello lunch break 50 minute stuff! :D)

TDS: Your gameplay this game is awful, and your one post of reasoning...sucks. :-\
First, I did specify why your play seems off:
Yeah. I'm not indifferent. I quoted the exact thing. Why is missing.

But I should clarify, since good scumhunting can also be aggressive. Today, you've gone after a dead person who flipped town and then you've reaction-voted me (note: I control the vote). Basically, you have a lot of content and no posts. In addition, you're reacting very defensively. I'm currently reading you as really scummy.
Holy cheese this myopia and twistiness.

It was a pressure vote UNTIL YOU DID THIS RUBBISH.
I mean until then I've been leaning between 'ok is he testing me or is this quite how he plays' and 'why and where is his content and ideas in it?', alongside my INITIAL bias of 'okay he's not really a King but I thought otherwise back in Day1'.

TDS, if I have to use the same discrepancy in your brevity and turn it into something concise: You're being unreasonable.
PFP

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: March 23, 2017, 11:50:09 pm »

Apparently you weren't paying attention to the follow-up post, where I even explained to webadict what I was doing.  I was prodding you to get information and seeing where the case went, not pursuing an incredibly serious case.
I was. :P
Or at least~ Your posts from then, compared to when you made that post, have ...only these 5 posts, all linked here.
Which one has that explanation? You hunting me?

Because I feel nothing from you. No reading, no actual prodding. And especially no follow up considering that you infer or imply a Godfather or whatever there--without even knowing webadict's actual disclosure, in public. So 4mask: Where's your prodding? @_@ [Ultimately, the D:< tone, possibly {when I say possibly I mean 'it's linked to this but you can draw your own conclusions; I'm fine with that too'} is linked to the poor day play being seen around here, and me attempting to stir or inject some activity back in.

What?  Can you rephrase the question, I have no idea what you're talking about.
You...said something about TBF's role thingy in other threads in that megapost you snipped down.

Look, if you're going to pursue my strangeness, there must be a basis :v because I did this in previous games, actually. It may be just because in my MORE RECENT games that I didn't use formatting to this degree of manipulation to invoke some responses that makes it 'off' to some of you.

I'd like more content if there's to be an actual case against me that way >_> Just saying the stuff I probably formatted in a way that may have a different tone in my past post doesn't help.

BHK
No.

Heres how it goes.
DA is scum. I attempt to kill him tonight for not claiming to me and then making his halfassed case on par with TDS's.

TDS is scum. I attempt to kill him tonight for his even more particularly halfassed case.

Err...I'm lost.
What drew you to pick those dudes again or did I miss a post about the context before this post? Your RNG abilities seem confirmed by 4mask as far as I've read his 5 posts. :O
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 11:51:44 pm by Tiruin »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: March 23, 2017, 11:52:22 pm »

« Last Edit: Today at 11:51:44 pm by Tiruin »
Of course I divide my post and then click post, then resubmit it with the modify option >______> because I messed up the link formatting.
<____<

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: March 24, 2017, 05:52:52 am »

Everyone: Thinking this through--it's just like a normal game, but there's pressure on one person to pick out a person.
Let's get back the mindset of a normal game.

If all of you could vote right now, what would you do/who would it be.
Ignore the current lynch system in two ways:
> First phase is talking to others;
> Second phase is doing that voting on other people because only YES OR NO IN RED matters.

Activity more please :O

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: March 24, 2017, 06:07:46 am »

I think I'd vote Cinder. But only because she hasn't answered who she's suspicious of or why, but stated multiple times that she has reasons for not suspecting them. And then crickets start chirping.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: March 24, 2017, 01:47:20 pm »

Tiruin: The stuff I said about TBF's role was very, very simple: he hinted in the banter thread that he had an ability that allowed him to bring another player into the game.  That was literally all I was saying.

Deus Asmoth: Are you actually going to vote yes or no, are you going to pursue your case on Tiruin, or are you going to ignore all that in favor of questioning BHK's post?

BHK: While I wouldn't really mind the DA kill on the grounds of I think he may be scum, I'm curious why you'd policy-kill either of them.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: March 24, 2017, 03:10:27 pm »

TBF. This has the effect of roleblocking him.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: March 24, 2017, 04:09:53 pm »

4mask:[/] I'm going to vote when I have the opportunity to do so on more than a gut feeling, which takes more time than askingBHK about his plan
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: March 24, 2017, 04:27:16 pm »

Arrrrgh.  Well that explains it.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: March 24, 2017, 05:23:24 pm »

4mask:[/] I'm going to vote when I have the opportunity to do so on more than a gut feeling, which takes more time than askingBHK about his plan
And yet I don't get a response at all? :P

Are you busy lately? :O

Arrrrgh.  Well that explains it.
Inspect+Roleblock @_@
Woah.
. . .Also how did you think about it anyway TBF? Do you have a certain flavor of what had happened by the way?

In a way, I feel like that'll help Webbywubs more :P but in general--please mention the flavor of how it had happened.

Tiruin: The stuff I said about TBF's role was very, very simple: he hinted in the banter thread that he had an ability that allowed him to bring another player into the game.  That was literally all I was saying.
You could've said that from the start. I didn't get that. D:<
. . .Ooooooooooh.
Well that's quite a vague hint that I never got because I just wondered 'oh okay, I think he's asking if there's anyone interested but- okay?' -_-
. . .I don't feel well at all in abilities that cross into other non-game threads though ._. but in context, thanks for the explanation :O
This means TBF's whole role is technically scrapped given the indication of how it is? He's dead, but still has the whole role--that means when he does use the day shot [FoU: Can TBF be targeted?], he won't get that 'invite others into game' thing alongside the auto being scrapped?
Asking for certainty. :P

I think I'd vote Cinder. But only because she hasn't answered who she's suspicious of or why, but stated multiple times that she has reasons for not suspecting them.
Other people have been like that too :O
Any comparison present in mind?
And then crickets start chirping.
Yeeeep >_> I'm getting that feeling instead of actual active lurking or something related to day activity/play.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: March 24, 2017, 05:24:35 pm »

I got sat down and talked to.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: March 24, 2017, 05:30:06 pm »

I got sat down and talked to.
>_>
<.<
I'll assume that's all, and also assume that you're pretty free to add to it if you feel it's not that distinct in being expressed.

How'd you die?

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: March 24, 2017, 09:37:41 pm »

No.

Heres how it goes.

I think you're going to have to explain what you mean by a policy kill. You might as well explain why I should have any motivation to claim just because you ask me to while you're at it.
1. You're better a dead town than a living town if you aren't going to put much of any reason behind your lynch suspects Day 2.
2. Because if you don't, you're deliberately refusing to claim to what 4mask has confirmed as a partially investigative role. And because I also have a kill, I can potentially service the town as a vigilante. Therefore, if you're still refusing, i'm going to, instead of acting as an investigator tonight, do my duty as a vigilante and attempt to kill you for denying me, and by extension the town, a claim, which is information. I assure you that if you want the town to win, this is enough motivation for you. Unless you don't, in which case, you can't disagree that me killing you would be justified wholly.
BHK: While I wouldn't really mind the DA kill on the grounds of I think he may be scum, I'm curious why you'd policy-kill either of them.
If they can't put much of any effort into their cases, what makes you think they'll put much of any effort into any other duty as a town member? Besides, with the current lack of suspects, aren't they the best two choices, currently?

Putting policy kills above suspicion-based kills is also a dumb idea. At least explain why either me or DA would be better a dead town than a live town.

Also, I'd rather not die.
Gladly. Explain your vote, and my reasoning for making you a policy is gone. Because I do not trust you with our vote if you're going to use it so carelessly.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 57