Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 57

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 2: Game over! Post-game write up up.  (Read 90541 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 2(8/9): Day 2: Identity shenanigans
« Reply #570 on: March 27, 2017, 02:33:23 pm »

Deus Asmoth is replaced by someone completely different, and yet the same, vanishing in a puff of smoke.

Deus Asmoth has been replaced by doll.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: March 27, 2017, 06:02:45 pm »

What up, doll face?

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: March 28, 2017, 07:35:36 am »

Ironically this isn't the very best day specifically for me to replace in so you're not quite going to get P25 style walls of text for about 24 - 30 hours.

I'm still Granny Weatherwax, for those interested.

What up, doll face?
The value of my investment portfolio, the length of my hair, and the number of mafia games I'm in.

I'm somewhat disappointed that there was a no-lynch, but BHK is looking pretty hot recently so I'm glad they're around.

No

TDS:
Ironically, you're going after someone largely because they had the gall to point out how you're not doing any work.
The first vote of the day is yours to waste, sure, but please don't blow the second on such a patently weak case.

You're saying Tiruin is suspicious because she's acting outside of her meta, but that's a meta-tell and would only be valid if this is what is expected of Scum!Tiruin.
It isn't though, since Tiruin plays the same as town and scum, hence why so many D1 reads lists say the same thing about her.

TBF:
Right this second, you win with the town, correct?
I would suggest that it's probably in your interest to wait until lylo to go back in. At such a time (and mylo to a lesser extent due to the likelyhood of there being mylo breakers) your 'in' has a very high value because either scum!TBF automatically wins because you break the lylo in scum's favor, or you've not made scum automatically win and are therefore a clear town player. Since at such a time you lose if you don't in (as you are currently town), you'll want to in since it A) has a 2/9 chance of giving you autowin B) has a 7/9 chance of adding a clear player to your team (town).
In such a case where we never see lylo/mylo, it means town has won (while retaining a fair number, as well), so you still win as a currently town player.

A third of one.

I have three abilities. They each work on a roll of 6 dice for me and my target, 15 has no effect, the loser is hit by the effect of my ability, which means I can accidentally help the person I was targeting. I can kill someone, discover what one of their abilities does, or steal their vote.
Is this heavily weighted towards you winning?
I'd like to point out that vig-kills are good because the vig can't hit the vig and therefore has a better kill-rate and accuracy than random lynches, and the vig-kill is in addition to the lynch. A random vig kill which has a higher chance of hitting the vig than (at present) 1/7 has a worse ratio than a random lynch. That's not to say that you shouldn't go for such, but if the chance of you hitting yourself is greater than (the chance of hitting the other person)*~3/2*scum/otherplayers it's a bad choice to go for the shot at odd numbers of players from your perspective and ignoring other aspects of the ability. That said, you're not clear and we have an even number of players, so fire away.

Incidentally, is there anything about what you did last night that you think would be good to share with the town at this point?

Huh. Well, I don't have anything useful to report from last night. I do have a reply to Tiruin, but that'll have to wait till I get home.
I wouldn't have made any post like this personally, so I'll modify this slightly into a more cryptic response:
I don't have any more reason to suspect webadict or think that he was lying about his actions than anyone else.

I have a probability based ability, but my information ability is not probability based.
I don't like the partial claim because I can't take advice on what to gather information on without more or less fullclaiming as I've got a fairly integrated set of abilities.

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: March 28, 2017, 08:12:00 am »

Items:

BHK:
The deck of many things (here in it's 3.5 incarnation in more or less it's original setting) is pretty well the poster child for gambling magical items, hence it's recurrence in many roguelikes (like DCSS, as Tiruin mentioned).

Unfortunately, any of the bag of herbs, the purple boots, or the geology textbook could be my associated item. I would suggest that it is probably not the bag of herbs. If you have a stronger description of the items, the boots should mention hobnails if they are mine. If they don't, then I really have no idea.

Player comments:

Cinder is actually playing. It's, uh, underwhelming, but not everyone can be an asshole who drowns out the world in daily walls of text so it's fine.
flame99 isn't really playing, to the point of P25 TBF. I'd like to see a lot more content from here, please, and will be asking questions.
Tiruin is invested in the game and helping the town, so she can stick around for now since I'd rather lynch disruptive or inactive players who might be lazy scum than an active and helpful player of completely unknown alignment
Webadict played a very strong town game D1 in that he spent all of D1 rolefishing and baiting reactions out of scum (specifically) and has continued to be authentic in his treatment of his role.
Deus Asmoth was me but not as cute, I'm town so he was town though not as towny, toot toot
TheDarkStar by far and away the most lynchable player on the roster, and yet the one we can't lynch (probably). I'd really like to see some work from him since he's almost certainly town (this is a non-bastard and not nearly high power enough for me to expect unlynchable scum)
TheBiggerFish dead and town, boo hoo very sad I cried at the funeral. Not relevant right now, may as well keep up doing town work since they win with us.
4maskwolf calls players out in games they're not playing in, mistakes hunting for scum (via direct rolefishing) for disrupting scum (which should occur in parallel to rolefishing) and RVS for doing work. He's actually been playing a fairly standard and dependable day game so I'm inclined to say that he's worth keeping around.
BlackHeartKabal started out weak, playing fairly strong right now. Probably town, definitely town-y (pro-information and useful) so a cool guy all around.

I only noticed in rereading 4mask that he claimed what BHK did last night (with his more normal ability, anyhow).

Questions:
flame99
Do you intend to contribute more than asking vacuous questions to the mod and interacting with the bare minimum of game mechanics?
Is webadict town or scum?
Am I scum or town?
What alignment is cinder?
Are there third parties in this game?
If you could, would you lynch TDS right now? Is TDS scum?
Webadict
Do you have any reads on Cinder or flame99, and if so what are they?
Tiruin
Do you have any reads on Cinder or flame99, and if so what are they?
4maskwolf
By process of elimination, I should be pushing a case on either flame99 or Cinder. Which of them would you prefer I did so on, and would you support either such case?
BlackHeartKabal
Why have I so clearly set up a position for me to tunnel certain players from when I have no particular reason to think those players are or aren't scum.
People who like to answer needless RVS style WIFOM
Is anyone here a third party, and does anyone here think it's likely that a third party exists?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: March 28, 2017, 10:13:29 am »

I have the time to write. I just don't know what to write. I could start pointing fingers at people and spew out a lot of conjectures and hope some stick, but I'll need to come up with ideas on WHAT.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: March 28, 2017, 01:57:11 pm »

As I've said again and again, I've not posted much because I have no real idea of what to say. Quite frankly, until I can do more than vaguely guess at what I'm supposed to be doing, no, I really don't, since I'd just be wasting time. 
Webadict has made some rather extreme accusations and went for blood at very little provocation, but everybody seems to be ignoring that, so I guess that's normal. Like I said, I can't contribute much.
How the hell would I know whether you're scum or town?
I haven't found anything to confirm Cin one way or another. Again, I don't know.
How would I know? Seriously, do you think I have FoU's notes or something? Maybe WA's or TDS's  powers would be suited to an independent but I don't know.
For meta reasons, I sincerely doubt it. It'd be rather broken to give an independent effective control of the town.

For one who is trying to call me out on "vacuous questions", you sure seem to like asking ones I couldn't possibly know the answer to.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: March 28, 2017, 02:27:06 pm »

I have the time to write. I just don't know what to write. I could start pointing fingers at people and spew out a lot of conjectures and hope some stick, but I'll need to come up with ideas on WHAT.
That's not a good excuse though. How do you plan to catch scum with that plan?

@flame99: How can you know anyone is anything? You can't. But people react to things, and this reaction changes based on what you know. So, take that knowledge and use it like this: If Webadict knew he was scum, would he do that? You have an advantage, in that you have plethera of knowledge on me as well as many others here to tell you why they agree or don't agree.

Maybe the difference between our experience is that I am not afraid to be wrong. I even stake a lot of my game power to try and gain an advantage. I play this game differently, and it is OKAY to be suspicious of that.

However, I am gonna say this and mean it: Even if you're wrong, it isn't wrong to be wrong. If you are missing information, get it or make a conclusion based off that missing information.

What can you do to win the game? Think about how those actions will help you or hurt you. You may mislynch or have to lynch a partner. If it wins you the game, well... sometimes you gotta do it.

But how do you let everyone know what you're doing if you are afraid to be read?

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: March 28, 2017, 03:19:32 pm »

Hold up a bit while I get home to respond in detail. I'm extending the day.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: March 28, 2017, 03:51:02 pm »

The day has been extended by 48 hours. The day will now end around 4:00 P.M. Central/Forum time Thursday. How mysterious.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 2(8/9): Day 2: Mysterious mystery stuffs
« Reply #579 on: March 28, 2017, 04:38:43 pm »

...interesting. Did anyone else just get an ability?

It should be confirmed to everyone that I have it once FoU processes my use of it.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: March 28, 2017, 04:49:20 pm »

TheDarkStar has used Slot Machine. 1 was rolled.

... Voting returns to normal. No more Trial Mode.

Votecount:

TheDarkStar(0): []
Tiruin(0): []
webadict(0): []
Deus Asmoth(0): []
Cinder(0): []
BlackHeartKabal(0): []
flame99(0): []
4maskwolf(0): []

Not Voting: TheDarkStar, Tiruin, webadict, Deus Asmoth, Cinder, BlackHeartKabal, flame99, 4maskwolf
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 05:00:01 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: March 28, 2017, 04:54:12 pm »

Lol. I love it. I'm next.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: March 28, 2017, 04:57:01 pm »

webadict has used Slot Machine.
Generic Arms Race.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 2(8/9): Day 2: Voting back to normal. How mysterious.
« Reply #583 on: March 28, 2017, 05:00:55 pm »

Well I got it too, but I can't use it.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 2(8/9): Day 2: Voting back to normal. How mysterious.
« Reply #584 on: March 28, 2017, 05:02:55 pm »

I didn't win, but I didn't lose. Woo!
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 57