Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 2: Game over! Post-game write up up.  (Read 90384 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 2: Game over! Please supply feedback.
« Reply #825 on: April 22, 2017, 07:55:55 pm »

Tiruin and 4maskwolf were the starting scum.

Fish went In Again as that monstrosity and rolled scum.

Only way to keep the role intact and keep In Again intact was what happened. Fish became two players, one town and one scum.

This is why I'm taking the veto power.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: April 22, 2017, 11:26:17 pm »

You were actually pretty suspicious at the end of Day 2. It's half the reason I stopped telling you the truth in the chat. That, and because you didn't use your ability before the end of the Day. That pretty much cemented it.
I wanted to, honestly, but timezones had me away until 3 hours post-lynch. >_>
But of course nobody will believe me here because of the cynicality that SOMEHOW I've been trying the whole game to dislodge. <.<
If I ever see people being shortsighted and using the 'but you are scum' mentality, I'm going to give a wall of text for them to talk to. Talk to the wall. Especially if that's the core of what they say instead of anything progressive.

Also no worries FoU--take this as a learning experience. Some people can remain bitter about it but in the end, how they display it affects them too; if there's little to no constructiveness about it that is. Which in seeing everyone here, isn't the case. :D
And get Mod advice too. BYORs are somewhat fragile to imbalance.

Although really I recommend people to try out the BM if they think they need improvement.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: April 23, 2017, 03:21:48 am »

Well, I guess I was right that time I thought Tiruin was scum. "My gut told me so" isn't really a solid case though.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: April 23, 2017, 03:59:11 am »

Well, I guess I was right that time I thought Tiruin was scum. "My gut told me so" isn't really a solid case though.
I'd accept it.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: April 23, 2017, 01:46:29 pm »

No advice for 4mask...

That makes me sad.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: April 23, 2017, 02:26:36 pm »

No advice for 4mask...

That makes me sad.
Ummm... Get a name that doesn't start with a number?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: April 23, 2017, 02:35:29 pm »

I guessed Tiruin was scumbased on what I understood of other's playstyle as scum. She was thenonly one I could imagine who would think killing TBF was a good idea.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: April 23, 2017, 05:47:35 pm »

I would appreciate interactive advice rather than commentary advice--like the whole 'ahh she's just scum [end conversation]' >_>
Because I'm feeling pretty superficialized right now.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: April 23, 2017, 05:50:35 pm »

I would appreciate interactive advice rather than commentary advice--like the whole 'ahh she's just scum [end conversation]' >_>
Well, you DID reject the accusations leveled against you at face value... There's not a lot we can tell you if you won't listen.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: April 23, 2017, 08:08:02 pm »

No advice for 4mask...

That makes me sad.
Alright, I'll make an account named "no lynch" instead.

Any practical game advice based on this game?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: April 23, 2017, 08:19:20 pm »

No advice for 4mask...

That makes me sad.
Alright, I'll make an account named "no lynch" instead.

Any practical game advice based on this game?
Well, you weren't that active... So... There's not much to judge.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: April 23, 2017, 10:47:09 pm »

Y'know, I just checked the stats on lurkertracker, and I was midrange in terms of activity and during the later stages, when I was less active, I made larger posts that contained more content, so I'm not sure why everyone kept saying "lurker lurker lurker nullread" when it came to me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: April 24, 2017, 12:09:52 am »

Well, you DID reject the accusations leveled against you at face value... There's not a lot we can tell you if you won't listen.
Webby, nobody tried making a comprehensive case at all.
All the 'accusations' were 'you're behaving differently', which I deconstructed in its entire annoying entirety in multiple places. -_-
There's not a lot I can respond to if there's no basis other than personally understood bases.

Like seriously. I keep seeing this--and recently the joke of 'Tiruin is always scum' has now taken that kind of stoopid bias. "Because you behave differently!" Ugh!

That feeling, is behaving differently. Not explicitly behaving scummy. That implies Town'ing is a norm.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 02:33:26 am by Tiruin »

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: April 24, 2017, 09:00:11 am »

I dunno why y'all want advice.
I'll take the chance to self-aggrandize though:

Tiruin
I never picked you up as scum because you never slipped as scum (that I could read), until you showed yourself as scum with the day actions (last posts D3).
However, you never slipped as town. You did very little to establish yourself as town; you took no risks, were very conservative with information, etc. For this reason, I either:
or
The only reason I never got around to throwing a lynch at you is because Juicebox and Cinder had such fantastically weak day and night games that were not only 'empty lynches' (that is, unreadable badtown/badscum) but also huge mechanical liabilities (if a player does odd things at night which work against their town wincon I find it a suggestion that they may not have a town wincon).

Basically, I had a lot of reasons to put pressure on you (for being 'anti-town' in not sharing role information, in particular) but I was distracted by what appeared to be real scum as opposed to less than ideal townplay.

Also, I dunno what you're talking about with considering personally understood (and otherwise meaningless) cases to be something you can't address. That's exactly what you should be addressing from the start, by creating the image of townness. Thinking 'did he tick the boxes for scum' isn't an efficient way to play at all because it has no real bearing on whether or not you can get someone lynched. Leafsnail did it all through P25 and as soon as I did the same thing (when I was trying to get him lynched) I completely failed to move the town; the whole exercise was futile because logical thought will inevitably reach the conclusion that town can scumslip too and outlining your logical thoughts isn't a good way to generate the emotional energy required to get people to take action.

Anyway, you were scum because you weren't town. Other (town) players were scum for actually being scum, so they got lynched first and you were able to coast along just off the edge of a lynch until mechanics (and FoU/TBF) rode out the rest of the game.

4maskwolf
Most of what I said to Tiruin applies to you, only she was more aggressive (and thus townier).
It's not so much a question of activity (although activity helps) but more importance. If you can make yourself a major case on D1, the towny glow of working off a case will last the rest of the game (see: BHK this game or my P25).
I liked your case against me (using my case against you), because it legitimately criticized the behavior which would (in part) cause me to lose the game; not going after hard targets. Of course, I went after soft targets because soft, scummy smelling things are more likely to be scum than hard shells with unknown interiors.
On the back of that case and your purposeful manner, I read you as town in early D4.

Basically, make more of a scene I guess?

FoU
I don't know what you're talking about with 'vetos' or 'role restrictions'.
Language has no inherent meaning (that is, asocially). There was never a 'paradox'. You made that interpretation up with your own mind, 100%. Every role and rule was your choice from go to the red light at the end. You were never not in control. You never had to live up to the expectation of any player or otherwise follow any restrictions in your conduct.
Fundamentally, you should do whatever you think is best for the game. TBF's role(s), TDS's role, and the un-extend had nothing (0%) to do with anything other than your own deliberate action. I don't know why you're asking for advice when all I can really say is "don't deliberately make the game bad". Also, just don't give a shit and do whatever suits you best. Usually that means running with things, sometimes not; it is and always was up to you.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: April 24, 2017, 09:18:03 am »

Thanks a ton, doll c: That's what I needed. And others too!
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57