Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 57

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 2: Game over! Post-game write up up.  (Read 92347 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 2(9/9): Day 1: Lynch! Lynch! Lynch!
« Reply #450 on: March 16, 2017, 03:33:26 am »

Oh for fuck's sakes.

no

There, hammer's in, nobody's lynched, it's night, everybody shush.  Given the trend of the last few days I doubt anything truly interesting is going to happen today, just more bickering, and there's no real reason to lynch BHK other than attitude anyways, no reason to risk him being town over that in a nine-player, power-heavy game.

Hopefully the night actions will shed some light on the situation and we can all play mafia instead of bickering.  Seriously.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: March 16, 2017, 03:36:16 am »

Oh for fuck's sakes.

no

There, hammer's in, nobody's lynched, it's night, everybody shush.  Given the trend of the last few days I doubt anything truly interesting is going to happen today, just more bickering, and there's no real reason to lynch BHK other than attitude anyways, no reason to risk him being town over that in a nine-player, power-heavy game.

Hopefully the night actions will shed some light on the situation and we can all play mafia instead of bickering.  Seriously.
Uhh ._.
Don't we return to phase 1 where TDS makes the choice again?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: March 16, 2017, 03:38:16 am »

Oh for fuck's sakes.

no

Uhh ._.
Don't we return to phase 1 where TDS makes the choice again?
Quote from: Trial System
The voting system is currently Trial. In Trial, the day is further split into two phases: Choice, and Lynch. In the Choice phase, there will be no deadline, and TheDarkStar will choose who is up for lynch. In the Lynch phase, there will be a deadline, and all the players will choose if the player up for lynch will be lynched or not. If not is chosen and the current Lynch phase is the first of the day, the day will return to the Choice phase.
Bolded the relevant section.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: March 16, 2017, 05:29:32 am »

Yeah, I support this decision, even if it might sound scummy for me to say so. I think that the risk of hitting town outweigh the pros of hitting scum right now when we have so little information and any attempt to find out more at this stage would likely just producing more false scumtells.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: March 16, 2017, 07:54:00 am »

Yeah, I support this decision, even if it might sound scummy for me to say so. I think that the risk of hitting town outweigh the pros of hitting scum right now when we have so little information and any attempt to find out more at this stage would likely just producing more false scumtells.
You never listed who was scummy or town.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: March 16, 2017, 09:09:37 am »

Votecount:

Lynch(2): [TheDarkStar, Deus Asmoth]
Don't Lynch(5): [Tiruin, BlackHeartKabal, webadict, flame99, 4maskwolf]

Not Voting(as far as I can tell): TheBiggerFish, Cinder

"To think I thought somebody would actually die today. Bah. It's getting obvious to me now that you all are bloody pacifists at heart. Bah! Well, it's nighttime. Get to it!"

The warehouse melts into nothingness. The audience vanish into a portal, moments later, the sound of astonishment is heard, before it closes. The world stabilizes into a forest filled with many cabins. It was dark, but there were no grues about, despite the fact that it would be a perfect natural habitat.

It is night. Night will end 9:00 A.M. Central/Forum time on Tuesday, or when I receive and resolve all night actions.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 2(9/9): Night 1: Oh, bloodless day. Bah.
« Reply #456 on: March 21, 2017, 09:18:10 am »

Resolving night actions, folks.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 2(8/9): Day 2: Weird voting continues. And somebody died.
« Reply #457 on: March 21, 2017, 11:24:11 am »

"Well! Somebody actually got offed tonight! What a surprise!"

The corpse of TheBiggerFish lies in front of you all.

Analyzing:

TheBiggerFish was Enthusiastic Inning, Town.

Enthusiastic Inning(town)
(Auto): Enthusiasm: Nothing can stop you from posting in the thread!
(1-Shot, Day, Unusable): In Again!: After you die, this ability loses the Unusable tag. Using this ability lets you join the game again with a new role submission. Note that your alignment will be randomly determined if you do this(same odds as You Go In Too!). You cannot use this ability if you have deadchat access(which is optional in your case).
(1-Shot, Night): You Go In Too!: Choose a non-player and compose a 250-char or shorter message. I will offer the chosen non-player a spot in the game with a PM, and include your message in the PM. If they accept, they will submit a role name and join the game with that role at the start of the following day. Their alignment will be randomly determined: They will have a 2/9 chance of being mafia, and a 7/9 chance of being town.
(Night): Annoy [target]: You annoy your target so much that their anger makes them target you.

"Well, that was interesting. Nowhere, any updates on the lynching system?"

"Well... whoever did this is better than I thought. I couldn't undo this."

"... well, at least somebody died."

Day 2 has begun. It will end some time after TheDarkStar votes. The weird voting system is still on.
Generic Arms Race.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 21, 2017, 11:26:40 am »

Huh. Well, I don't have anything useful to report from last night. I do have a reply to Tiruin, but that'll have to wait till I get home.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 21, 2017, 11:54:12 am »

I can confirm a few things:
One: BHK was telling the truth about their ability from yesterday.
Two: Said ability's inspection mode cannot be used to determine if either BHK or his target is scum, as it will not reveal mafiakill abilities.
Three: My ability last night failed, not from a roleblock but because it, too, is probability-based.

I'd post more but I gotta head off to work.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: March 21, 2017, 11:54:45 am »

Oh, before I forget:
TBF: Who did you annoy, if anyone?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 21, 2017, 12:15:39 pm »

Looks like Tiruin got my gift juuuust fine.

Sucks it, scum.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: March 21, 2017, 12:17:49 pm »

Oh shoot... that means TBF can also verify my second gift.

And here I was thinking I'd have to hide that.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 21, 2017, 02:34:54 pm »

So we have a talking corpse.

Anyway, nothing happened to me last night.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: March 21, 2017, 02:40:46 pm »

I'll be back...(not as the Terminator, that would just be begging to become scum).
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 57