Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 57

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 2: Game over! Post-game write up up.  (Read 90548 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 2(8/9): Day 2: Weird voting continues. And somebody died.
« Reply #540 on: March 24, 2017, 10:22:46 pm »

I'm actually with BHK on this one.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: March 25, 2017, 12:37:19 am »

I got sat down and talked to.
>_>
<.<
I'll assume that's all, and also assume that you're pretty free to add to it if you feel it's not that distinct in being expressed.

How'd you die?
Got shot, I believe.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: March 25, 2017, 12:37:47 am »

Yep.  Shot.  With a bullet.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: March 25, 2017, 02:50:29 am »

I'm actually with BHK on this one.
I agree with that too ._.
There's a lot less substance by initiative and more 'substance later on'. So I'm really wondering if its being busy, or its something else.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: March 25, 2017, 10:01:56 am »

So, we just gonna sit around and do diddly squat?

I gotta find two more Town players tonight to give gifts to. And apparently, they give out fairly powerful abilities. I'm also currently Level 2, and nearing Level 3 if I guess correctly. If I can only find 1, I'll do that instead, but I'm against Tiruin dying, since she's not likely to be scum. Especially since I know what a majority of her role is now. It was pretty expensive to get as much as I did.

There are 6 players, and 2 of you are scum. Cinder may very well be one of those scum, but I don't like playing 1 in 5 odds. So, I'm gonna post my list again. If you think your role flavor matches the item, let me know. If you don't then I guess that's bad news bears for you.

A runic explosive.
A geology textbook.
A pair of binoculars.
A Deck of Many Things.
A sturdy pickaxe.
A basket of herbs.
A bottle of maple syrup.
A megaphone.
A set of obsidian tiles with letters on them.
A bone wand.
A charm bracelet.
A pair of purple boots.

Tiruin has accepted the bottle of maple syrup.
TheBiggerFish has accepted the megaphone.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: March 25, 2017, 10:06:28 am »

So, we just gonna sit around and do diddly squat?

I gotta find two more Town players tonight to give gifts to. And apparently, they give out fairly powerful abilities. I'm also currently Level 2, and nearing Level 3 if I guess correctly. If I can only find 1, I'll do that instead, but I'm against Tiruin dying, since she's not likely to be scum. Especially since I know what a majority of her role is now. It was pretty expensive to get as much as I did.

There are 6 players, and 2 of you are scum. Cinder may very well be one of those scum, but I don't like playing 1 in 5 odds. So, I'm gonna post my list again. If you think your role flavor matches the item, let me know. If you don't then I guess that's bad news bears for you.

A runic explosive.
A geology textbook.
A pair of binoculars.
A Deck of Many Things.
A sturdy pickaxe.
A basket of herbs.
A bottle of maple syrup.
A megaphone.
A set of obsidian tiles with letters on them.
A bone wand.
A charm bracelet.
A pair of purple boots.

Tiruin has accepted the bottle of maple syrup.
TheBiggerFish has accepted the megaphone.
My entire motif is gambling. Not much I see there.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: March 25, 2017, 10:38:36 am »

From all my years of playing DC: Stone Soup, and having only won once...I think, I'm thinking Nemelex Xobeh and the Deck of Cards that the Deck of Many Things sounds pretty gambly.

Though I do love how believable all that is ._. Awesome items for sale.

...It just hit me. There are 12 items. o_O
Aaaand we started the game with 9 people :O

Everyone: Thinking this through--it's just like a normal game, but there's pressure on one person to pick out a person.
Let's get back the mindset of a normal game.

If all of you could vote right now, what would you do/who would it be.
Ignore the current lynch system in two ways:
> First phase is talking to others;
> Second phase is doing that voting on other people because only YES OR NO IN RED matters.

Activity more please :O
Basically: Assume normal game. We're in the second phase at the moment.

Tiruin: The stuff I said about TBF's role was very, very simple: he hinted in the banter thread that he had an ability that allowed him to bring another player into the game.  That was literally all I was saying.

Deus Asmoth: Are you actually going to vote yes or no, are you going to pursue your case on Tiruin, or are you going to ignore all that in favor of questioning BHK's post?

BHK: While I wouldn't really mind the DA kill on the grounds of I think he may be scum, I'm curious why you'd policy-kill either of them.
Beep boop; would love your vote vote :3 [see: above]
Same with the latest folks sans Webbywubs who mentioned Cinder.
I think I'd vote Cinder. But only because she hasn't answered who she's suspicious of or why, but stated multiple times that she has reasons for not suspecting them. And then crickets start chirping.
The last sentence seems appropriate. :O

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: March 25, 2017, 04:17:32 pm »

I suppose there's no real point in me not claiming my item, since I know it. Worth keeping in mind that it appears town and scum is separated from role name/flavor, considering that TBF's invite and resurrection states that it is. Mine is the runic explosive, and if you care, my role name is demolitionist. What that does, I would rather not say for now.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: March 25, 2017, 08:59:19 pm »

I suppose there's no real point in me not claiming my item, since I know it. Worth keeping in mind that it appears town and scum is separated from role name/flavor, considering that TBF's invite and resurrection states that it is. Mine is the runic explosive, and if you care, my role name is demolitionist. What that does, I would rather not say for now.
Really?
*reads*
Enthusiastic Inning(town)
Is this what you mean? o_O
Also your ideas on others + presumed vote?

The only people who voted [2nd phase] are:
BHK - No
4mask - No
Webadict - No
TDS - Yes
And yet others have posted o_o [Like DA~]
But...yeah. Need more thoughts from y'all.

FoU: Where is the deadline :P
And/or your post?
Quote from: Trial System
The voting system is currently Trial. In Trial, the day is further split into two phases: Choice, and Lynch. In the Choice phase, there will be no deadline, and TheDarkStar will choose who is up for lynch. In the Lynch phase, there will be a deadline, and all the players will choose if the player up for lynch will be lynched or not. If not is chosen and the current Lynch phase is the first of the day, the day will return to the Choice phase.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: March 25, 2017, 09:00:00 pm »

@Tiruin:No, read my ability text.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: March 25, 2017, 09:01:33 pm »

@Tiruin:No, read my ability text.
Yes o_o
(Auto): Enthusiasm: Nothing can stop you from posting in the thread!
(1-Shot, Day, Unusable): In Again!: After you die, this ability loses the Unusable tag. Using this ability lets you join the game again with a new role submission. Note that your alignment will be randomly determined if you do this(same odds as You Go In Too!). You cannot use this ability if you have deadchat access(which is optional in your case).
(1-Shot, Night): You Go In Too!: Choose a non-player and compose a 250-char or shorter message. I will offer the chosen non-player a spot in the game with a PM, and include your message in the PM. If they accept, they will submit a role name and join the game with that role at the start of the following day. Their alignment will be randomly determined: They will have a 2/9 chance of being mafia, and a 7/9 chance of being town.
(Night): Annoy [target]: You annoy your target so much that their anger makes them target you.
...I don't see it. x_x

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: March 25, 2017, 09:02:12 pm »

If they accept, they will submit a role name and join the game with that role at the start of the following day. Their alignment will be randomly determined: They will have a 2/9 chance of being mafia, and a 7/9 chance of being town.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: March 25, 2017, 09:09:16 pm »

Oh o_O

OOOOH. O_o
It's that no matter what flavor/role you have, being scum or town is unattached to it.
...I had assumed that since the start rather than assuming 'your abilities, how they're worded, and anything alongside your role is connected to your alignment' so that's me guessing why I missed that kind of thought.

TBF, how're you going to use your indefinite extension of leave-present-posting? :P

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: March 25, 2017, 09:10:34 pm »

Keep posting, pretty much.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 57