Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 2: Game over! Post-game write up up.  (Read 89308 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 2: Game over! Please supply feedback.
« Reply #810 on: April 21, 2017, 02:14:41 pm »

Wait... why would role have any effect on your alignment, period?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: April 21, 2017, 02:19:05 pm »

(1-Shot, Day, Unusable): In Again!: After you die, this ability loses the Unusable tag. Using this ability lets you join the game again with a new role submission. Note that your alignment will be randomly determined if you do this(same odds as You Go In Too!). You cannot use this ability if you have deadchat access(which is optional in your case).
[...]

D4 Actions:
TheBiggerFish goes In Again!

D5 Actions:
TBF Alpha uses In Again.

D5 Results:
TBF Alpha joins the game again, which doesn’t save him from the mafia.
The surprise joining was quite the surprise, because either my English comprehension is broken, or I parsed his D1 lynch as ONE SHOT to have been used entirely outright.

Still curious how in the world you can become 'Beta and Alpha' and retain the EXACT copy of your lynched role, including the one-shot.

Also yes please, with buttered pancakes.
Also the # of your roles.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: April 21, 2017, 02:25:56 pm »

I agree with most of what webadict said in deadchat, especially the part about lots of metagame issues influencing the game.  Honestly, TBF should have probably been modkilled after his violation of the "don't talk about the game outside the game" rules not once, but twice, once in each of his incarnations, and then... yeah.  There's also the whole "I'll take my SOs and leave" thing that happened which was way not cool on so many levels.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: April 21, 2017, 02:26:25 pm »

On a lighter note, to the veteran players here: what can I do to improve my scum game?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: April 21, 2017, 02:34:15 pm »

On a lighter note, to the veteran players here: what can I do to improve my scum game?
More activity :P
I was so lonely in the scumchat :I that I appreciated all your posts just as much as if we had the same timezones: Meaning, I'm just lonely in general. Also I liked the insight of your posts and the acuity with them.

Quote from: Doll's insight
I mean, this is what she claims on P49 and I wouldn't put it past Tiruin to leave something she had already decided to do to the last minute and then say 'oh I accidentally didn't do it because of timezones'.
I- ._. I logged in at 11am. The day ended at 8am.
In all truth, my alarm didn't (it did, but I went all BLUUUHHHHH and 'disabled the alarm' for the day, because I had a good lucid dream)
So...yeah. Once in a mafia-lifetime. I did feel real bad because of that though. :-[ I really dislike using timezones as a reason, and it wasn't.

Although I also feel bad because nobody made a case on me being scum. ;~; My wording is horribly messy but this isn't the sentence configuration I'm happy with, it's like a contrast between early day stuff, and people's validity in making the case--all I've posted before D3 or so was town-me. I was pretty ":V" at TBF's role, but also wanted to nudge the activity; I would've paid more attention to the jailkeeping power (and doll's subsequent mention of immunity to roleblocks so we can high-five and dance our way to victory if I was town, reminding me of teamwork in Paranormal 25), and rather my whole point on behavior is to be noted down as the most important bit. V:

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: April 21, 2017, 06:08:11 pm »

Question: Would my role submission be vetoed if I had tried to use it in a future game? For reference, it was "The Fallacy's BYOR 2 Role That Has The Only Vote That Determines Who Is Lynched, Even If It Belongs To A Dead Player" and was suitably weakened to make it game-changing rather than game-breaking.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: April 21, 2017, 07:25:51 pm »

Although I also feel bad because nobody made a case on me being scum.
There were stronger targets on D3 to go after. You had claimed two day actions given to you by other players, but nothing about your own role so it would have been trivial to railroad town into a Tiruin lynch after the end of the day but harder to do so before you had shown your hand. Also, I couldn't check half the things you claimed about day actions (only being able to use one, for instance) because I had and have no idea what the actual action rules were.

I was leaning on 4mask early in the day but the bomb was the only way I could really justify a kill on TDS and juicebox used it so badly. If the bomb had been on me, we could have lynched 4mask and left the bomb on me if he flipped town or removed the bomb if 4mask flipped scum, and had a 90%+ chance of hitting a scum with half the time not even hitting town.

Webadict would have chased you D3 but he was dead.

P.S.
You never told us that your day-action abduction-protect targeted you as well as the three others.

It's amusing to note that neither scum player claimed their role when every town player alive had fullclaimed D3.
It's amusing because it would only have been an issue if D4 wasn't a clusterfuck and scum knew D4 was going to be a clusterfuck.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: April 21, 2017, 08:24:09 pm »

Question: Would my role submission be vetoed if I had tried to use it in a future game? For reference, it was "The Fallacy's BYOR 2 Role That Has The Only Vote That Determines Who Is Lynched, Even If It Belongs To A Dead Player" and was suitably weakened to make it game-changing rather than game-breaking.
If you tried to use it in a future game, I'd veto it because players shouldn't use the same role twice.

If somebody else tried to use it in a future game, I'd veto it unless it was several games after this one, because stagnation and mimicry.

The role itself, however, is sufficiently weakenable that if you submitted it in FBYOR 3 and you didn't submit it in FBYOR 2, I would probably accept it.
~~~
It shouldn't unless the player was third party.

What happened in this game was Fish submitted a role using In Again. For reference: The Fallacy's BYOR 2 Role That Is Guaranteed To Be Town And Have The Same Wincon As A Town Player And Otherwise Count As Town, And (Guaranteed To) Have The Role Powers Of All Roles Ever In Fallacy's BYOR 2, Free From Use Restrictions Aside From The Initial Use Restrictions Applied To Said Powers As Part Of Their Generation Process.
If In Again rolled town, I would have been easily able(well, not easily, but doable) to nerf it. It rolled mafia. Paradox. Which is another reason I'm vetoing roles that try for a specific alignment using shakeragianness in the future.
~~~
Fish shouldn't have posted about the game outside the game. In retrospect, I probably should have given him a warning then, and that's what I'll endeavor to do in the future.
~~~
There's also the whole "I'll take my SOs and leave" thing that happened which was way not cool on so many levels.
And then there's this, which I'll look more thoroughly into later because my time is limited right now.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: April 21, 2017, 08:30:13 pm »

This turned out way more bastard than I thought

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: April 22, 2017, 03:06:57 am »

P.S.
You never told us that your day-action abduction-protect targeted you as well as the three others.
I said we'd all be removed from the game in a post further on. I did not explicitly say protect, because it wasn't like that--it hides people, and makes them untargetable, even towards each other. :O
I also hinted about the kill roles given how I mentioned things before, but that's more of a soft-assumption on my part too.

This turned out way more bastard than I thought
Don't pull out next time please. Because that's a coping habit--it'll be one of the possibilities you'll think about in the future if people don't bring it up now for adjustment and change. You're one of those people too. You're young; do not resort to actions like that to be how you handle a situation. Follow it up with something else that'd help a lot more.
Also I doubly agree.

If you tried to use it in a future game, I'd veto it because players shouldn't use the same role twice.

If somebody else tried to use it in a future game, I'd veto it unless it was several games after this one, because stagnation and mimicry.

The role itself, however, is sufficiently weakenable that if you submitted it in FBYOR 3 and you didn't submit it in FBYOR 2, I would probably accept it.
~~~
It shouldn't unless the player was third party.

What happened in this game was Fish submitted a role using In Again. For reference: The Fallacy's BYOR 2 Role That Is Guaranteed To Be Town And Have The Same Wincon As A Town Player And Otherwise Count As Town, And (Guaranteed To) Have The Role Powers Of All Roles Ever In Fallacy's BYOR 2, Free From Use Restrictions Aside From The Initial Use Restrictions Applied To Said Powers As Part Of Their Generation Process.
If In Again rolled town, I would have been easily able(well, not easily, but doable) to nerf it. It rolled mafia. Paradox. Which is another reason I'm vetoing roles that try for a specific alignment using shakeragianness in the future.
I figured as much from what he posted in the quicktopic. Further feedback is in the Mafia Quicktopic (eg NO QUICKTOPIC ACCESS FOR DUAL ALIGNMENTS), and alongside that--that isn't a ROLE. It is a ALIGNMENT REQUEST.

That's a pretty blatant or cheap way to 'bring your own role', honestly. I've forgotten the word for that kind of acting.

But there should be a baseline for what constitutes a role. Like "NOTHING THAT GIVES DIRECT MENTION OF WHAT THE ABILITIES ARE" for one. This was my whole gripe of how "Shakeragian" roles become very much into a token idea rather than a playable concept.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: April 22, 2017, 08:38:21 am »

I called Tiruin on being scum and got OMGUSed

mfw
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: April 22, 2017, 08:57:33 am »

mfw
...The only time you mentioned that was when your ability blew up and you got silenced. Then you voted me out of nowhere. :v

The recency effect is strong in this game, with people going "OMG I KNEW IT SHE WAS SCUM AHAH". :-\
 :'(
It's like nothing I wrote in the Mafia quicktopic actually matters.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: April 22, 2017, 12:42:48 pm »

mfw
...The only time you mentioned that was when your ability blew up and you got silenced. Then you voted me out of nowhere. :v

The recency effect is strong in this game, with people going "OMG I KNEW IT SHE WAS SCUM AHAH". :-\
 :'(
It's like nothing I wrote in the Mafia quicktopic actually matters.
You were actually pretty suspicious at the end of Day 2. It's half the reason I stopped telling you the truth in the chat. That, and because you didn't use your ability before the end of the Day. That pretty much cemented it. Of course, the goal was the get doll to go after you, but the only thing I had was NOT giving him a gift, which is why I had to tell you I was going to. TBF was probably the most useless person I've ever met, so I couldn't ask him for anything other than to make the game worse, but I think he successfully does that by not trying.

I didn't count on the fact that you could track me when you killed me, but it actually worked out better in my favor, since you actually had no clue I was lying to you.

But, that's too bad.

Frankly, 4 scum players against 6 town players seems a little unbalanced.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: April 22, 2017, 12:57:47 pm »

There were only two scum to begin with. Then fish split in two, so it was more like two and a half scum players.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: April 22, 2017, 02:10:36 pm »

There were only two scum to begin with. Then fish split in two, so it was more like two and a half scum players.
No, I think you mean TBF started the game as scum, then gained an additional body to ruin the game with.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57