Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FPS Counter Customization  (Read 801 times)

EarthboundFan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
FPS Counter Customization
« on: February 07, 2017, 10:27:05 am »

Hopefully a simple request. Just add an option to the config file to have the FPS counter show up on the bottom instead of the top.

Spoiler: Hereswhy (click to show/hide)

EarthboundFan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FPS Counter Customization
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 05:24:02 am »

Bump?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 05:55:44 am »

Toady may read every single suggestions thread, but he's sure as heck not going to reply every time. Don't bump your threads.

--edit
If it's in the way, why not just turn it off? It doesn't serve any purpose unless you're testing for sources of fps loss, and at that point you're probably not too bothered about it covering other stuff.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 06:00:39 am by Shonai_Dweller »

EarthboundFan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 01:33:36 pm »

Toady may read every single suggestions thread, but he's sure as heck not going to reply every time. Don't bump your threads.

--edit
If it's in the way, why not just turn it off? It doesn't serve any purpose unless you're testing for sources of fps loss, and at that point you're probably not too bothered about it covering other stuff.
I like it for various purposes, but yeah I might turn it off. I just thought it'd be nice to be able to move it. Also, that makes sense that he wouldn't reply to everybody's threads, I guess. I was more bumping it so other people could see it, I guess. Sorry!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 09:42:56 pm »

Even if no-one replies it's no problem. It all gets logged on Toady's mythical 'stuff people want' list.
It's not like there's much to discuss after all. Yeah, fps counter gets in the way, the ability to move it around would be nice. I think everyone agrees with you.

EarthboundFan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2017, 06:03:12 am »

Even if no-one replies it's no problem. It all gets logged on Toady's mythical 'stuff people want' list.
It's not like there's much to discuss after all. Yeah, fps counter gets in the way, the ability to move it around would be nice. I think everyone agrees with you.
Oh huh, that's really cool. Sorry, I'm still sort of new to this whole thing. Thanks for letting me know! :D