Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Essential Details  (Read 401 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Mood: Cautiously Optomistic
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
The Essential Details
« on: February 07, 2017, 05:09:04 pm »

Each poster is the next generation and they tell the story of their world. Trying to summarize what was given to them and adding new details of new things that have happened. A fantasy "telephone" if you will.

Do not copy and paste but summarize the previous post in your own words. Then add new parts.

It is time once again to recount the story of our ancestors. In the beginning there was fire and lava and dragons. The biggest one was Milfrim and spat up humanity. Humanity was seen as rubbish and ignored and allowed to grow and develope. The dragons went to sleep and the world became peaceful. You must never shout on top of a mountain lest you wake the dragons once again, and return the world to fire and death.

(be sure to call dibs)
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: The Essential Details
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 05:16:44 pm »

My Grandfather told me this truth when I was young, and now it is time I impart it to you. the world was once ruled by the dragons and in their reign the lands were aflame. The King of Dragons, known as Milfrim, created humanity, but we were not what he wanted and so he cast us aside. As the number of humans grew, the number of dragons dwindled until finally the last of the dragons went to their eternal sleep. Our great nation, one of many, has since grown strong, mastering the ancient dragon fire to shape the world to our needs.  Dragons may yet return however, if one were to stand upon the highest peaks and call for them.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 05:21:08 pm »

PTW
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 05:30:53 pm »

There used to be a lot more dragons about than now, says I. Everything was on fire, things were spilling everywhere. King Dragon himself once bumped into a pot they were keeping us in, and that's how we spilled into the world. We were on fire too, once. Then we discovered how not to be, and then how to be on fire again when we needed. And how to make other things be on fire after everything wasn't on fire anymore. A lot of things burnt to ash in that time. We would have too if we didn't learn how to not be on fire anymore. But we didn't, and we were left with a lot of dragon ash. Dragon ash isn't like wood ash - plants grow on wood ash. Dragon ash, now there grew cities! This one included! Was a right good show, I say. And that's how they make cities these days - set things on dragon fire, then cover the ground with the ash you get.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Mood: Cautiously Optomistic
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 05:50:18 pm »

bump
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2017, 06:11:20 pm »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.