Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Work Orders and Stockpiles - Traits  (Read 541 times)

Hl_Handgranate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Work Orders and Stockpiles - Traits
« on: February 08, 2017, 04:08:34 pm »

I totally love the new Work Orders with conditions and Traits. Especially the traits are great (empty items, melt-designated etc.). Now one problem is that I can´t set up stockpiles accordingly, so for example, some work-order jobs are canceled because the meltable objects get hauled to the wrong pile. So I suggest:

• Traits for Stockpiles         - so you can use the same traits (and their reversion) for stockpiling. For example a melt-designated iron crafts stockpile
  • The Trait 'In Stockpile x'  - so I can order: Jeweler 5, Encrust with Bone Opal if amount of Bone Opal in Stockpile 5 is greater than 15

I guess this is no idea nobody had before - but I´d love to see it!
“A floor is just a wall that’s horizontal. It’s the same thing.”
“That’s the dumbest thing you’ve ever said.”

breadman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Work Orders and Stockpiles - Traits
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 06:36:07 pm »

To simplify the second item slightly, "in a linked stockpile" would allow you to skip the stockpile selection step, and handles the majority of use cases.  Ideally, the system would look at stockpiles giving to the workshop for reagents, and stockpiles taking from the workshop for outputs, but that might not strictly be necessary.
Quote from: Kevin Wayne, in r.g.r.n
Is a "diety" the being pictured by one of those extremely skinny aboriginal statues?