Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: Conan Exiles! What is best in life?  (Read 32121 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Conan Exiles! What is best in life?
« Reply #165 on: June 03, 2018, 07:51:42 am »

Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 03, 2018, 08:04:57 am »

You'll eventually want to divert some or all of the crappy fish to cooking - ichor gets more important as you go, and fish are the easiest to come by source. I usually throw middle fish into the press and crappy ones into the fire - admittedly, I also only run two traps, and get more tar than I've ever been able to consume from tanning.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 03, 2018, 07:39:16 pm »

Fish traps are the way to  fuel stuff, i have 11 and 4 presses, im getting some thing like 5-700 oil/ 300 ichor.
Rotten meat can be pressed in to ichor as well.

Tanning really seems to hit a bit of a wall with bark, you just don't get masses of the stuff with out picking down a small forest.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

azurelao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 03, 2018, 07:47:18 pm »

A good way to get bark is to farm New Asagard and the black hand ship in the desert. A lot of NPC's will drop bark, and it's easy to stock up unless you are just constantly tanning hides.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 04, 2018, 06:18:38 am »

A note on bark, I've found that dead, dry trees give way more bark than normal trees.

On another note, are there any Bay12 bases on Fleetwood I could meet up with people? It's a bit difficult trying to go at it alone.
Nothing important here, move along.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 04, 2018, 10:06:11 am »

Between killing humans and going on pickaxe massacres in resin-bearing forests, I don't really lack for bark when I make an effort to find it. YMMV, apparently, though.

It would be REALLY NICE if you could stick carpentaers/cooks/smelters/something on drying racks, though. A good tanner makes bark last a long time; it's the drying racks that chew through it like nothing.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 04, 2018, 12:11:44 pm »

I had no idea you could use oil for furnace fuel.

You've changed my life.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 04, 2018, 12:54:50 pm »

On Fleetwood's server, we had an Improved Blacksmith and Improved Armory vanish today, along with the thralls and materials contained within. None of the other workstations nearby seem to have been affected.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 04, 2018, 01:15:20 pm »

I had two planters and a dryer vanish as well, so it's not just you.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 05, 2018, 01:16:14 pm »

I've had thrall  vanish, but i'm thinking tribal's/ crocs killed them.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 05, 2018, 02:27:50 pm »

Also, about the bark farming, I recommend going just north of Telith's Island across the water. There is no hostile wildlife outside of a couple bears, and you can get resin/bark at the same time.

I also highly recommend upgrading your pick with a [Tool Upgrade Kit]. It adds a flat 1-2 to resources gathered, and when you are talking about bark that's a huge gathering upgrade. I've come back with 1000 bark in like, 30-40m. It's how we built our Treehome. For comparison, i was using an upgraded pick while my clan mate was not, and I ended up with 500 bark while he had 300.

To be fair, I'm based in the jungle. I can take the passage to get there fairly quickly.

Spoiler: map for you (click to show/hide)
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

milspec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 08, 2018, 04:32:53 am »

Hello all,

Here is an update on the public Fleetwood server that QT3 and Bay12 visit.

We have been up for 25 days, and in that time 64 players have visited and spent a total of 1,863 hours playing. 34 of those players have spent more than 10 hours on the server, and 21 players have spent more than 30 hours on the server.

Groups have independently created at least 3 public maps rooms that I am aware of. There is one by the far east Jungle Obelisk, one in the upper Highlands just across from the Snowy Bridge obelisk, and a third in the dark steppes across from the Mounds of the Dead. Are there more?

There are three public taverns open, located in the Desert under the Tower of the Bats, in the Highlands at the Godsclaw passage, and in the Jungle along the river north of Dagon's Eye.

The Purge is advertised in the server banner as "x2" and in the last week the settings have finally stabilized. We are seeing one purge per large clan every 3 days, and they do twice as much building damage. I have noticed a few Thralls were killed, or a few small blocks broken, but I don't know of any massive damage from a Purge.

The three clans from the core Fleetwood, QT3 and Bay12 clans have been the most active. Fleetwood had a clan event last night to raid the northwest barrows and 7 people attended, see the pic. 11 of our 12 members (across two clans) have played in the last day.

I have a personal "no spoiler" policy, I like to find things out in the game. I am still surprised by the things I see in the game world, or built by players, and I am scared to find out what this does!

Its natural for people to come and go, or drop off as they move away from Conan or away from this server. I plan to play for a while longer, I want to hit 60 and conquer the north. Let me know if I can make the server any better or more fun for you or your friends. :-)

(RP-PvP) Fleetwood - Bldg Dmg Off, x2 Purge, 4am EST Reboot
Address: 108.61.124.68:24000
40 Players, US West Coast
https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/conanexiles/2269865

milspec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 08, 2018, 04:35:40 am »

I have not noticed any mysterious disappearances in a while.

If they were thralls, I assume they were stolen, triple check your settlement for any gaps.

If they were craft stations, make sure they were on foundations attached to a main settlement. If they were stand alone then the default decay mechanic would call them a "small foundation" and decay them quickly. We lost a lot of fish traps to this before we figured it out. Check the timer with a repair hammer.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 08, 2018, 08:56:53 am »

I stopped losing fish traps when I placed them under a bridge attached to foundations, even though the traps touch nothing. OTOH, my neighbor's base has decayed to nothing but a thrall 20m up in the sky, a drying rack, and a lonely shellfish trap. Decay mechanics have some quirky bugs.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 08, 2018, 10:44:09 am »

For some reason, the front of my house decayed. Nothing else, just the front of my house.

I'm tempted to move deeper into the game world rather than bothering repairing the house. I've been trying to fight the Abyssal Remnant, but I completely lack the gear to do so.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16