Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: Conan Exiles! What is best in life?  (Read 32141 times)

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
Re: Conan Exiles! What is best in life?
« Reply #195 on: June 18, 2018, 02:49:57 pm »

My orbs were gone, yeah. I also lost a ton of brimstone and my entire stock of steel, for whatever reason. I didn't have a ton of steel, mind you, but I had enough to miss.
Nothing important here, move along.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 19, 2018, 06:55:30 am »

Has anyone on the Fleetwood server recently lost a bunch of random stuff? I don't want to say my stuff got stolen, because I've got a lot of valuable stuff that's still there and my house was sealed, but it seems like a lot of very specific stuff that's gone.

Orbs, and a few parts of my base, the elevators floor/ramp and my fish traps, wheel of happy fun times and screw presses.
There all open to purge attackers so i think that's what smashed them up.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 19, 2018, 09:29:30 am »

We've seen more non-abortive purges on my (public) server as well, which is a massive, welcome change. I still haven't seen one, but babysteps.

milspec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 19, 2018, 09:36:38 am »

The patch added fast decay to small foundations. If your stuff isn’t attached to a large building then it goes quick quick. We lost a lot of fish traps to this, we now build a fish shack next to them. Check with a repair hammer.

There is some theft on the server. Make sure your houses etc are sealed. Check for damage post-Purge. Etc.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 19, 2018, 10:43:02 am »

The easiest way to tell if you lost structures to purges or something else is to check your event log.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 19, 2018, 12:08:16 pm »

The patch added fast decay to small foundations. If your stuff isn’t attached to a large building then it goes quick quick. We lost a lot of fish traps to this, we now build a fish shack next to them. Check with a repair hammer.

There is some theft on the server. Make sure your houses etc are sealed. Check for damage post-Purge. Etc.
I think the purge did them not decay, the Lv 2 wheel had a base and ramp.

Spoiler: Photo time (click to show/hide)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 19, 2018, 01:31:26 pm »

Indeed, it seems that walls may have become a necessary measure against purges.

milspec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 21, 2018, 04:43:52 am »

I changed the Fleetwood server to double the default decay time. Large structures should now be 30 days before decay starts. Check with a repair hammer. The setting is: BuildingDecayTimeMultiplier=2

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 02, 2018, 05:12:14 pm »

Well, I just logged onto the Fleetwood server to find all my stuff was gone from my house. If I had to guess, my windows are to blame. I can't be bothered to spend the multiple days it took to get all that stuff back, so I guess that this is it for now. It was fun while it lasted.
Nothing important here, move along.

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 02, 2018, 06:43:16 pm »

does the server still have a community going?  I've finally given up on the server I was playing on because it's devolved into a glorified ERP server but would like to continue playing the game with the upcoming patches coming down the tube

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 02, 2018, 10:08:03 pm »

There are still quite a few active clans on the Fleetwood server, but the Bay12 Tower Hermits are essentially on life-support.

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 03, 2018, 07:56:53 am »

nods and lol, tower hermits eh?  I'll give it a go then

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 03, 2018, 07:59:52 pm »

Figured I go back to the game I had going on. Noticed that while I didn't lose any items in the patch that said it'd remove items that were easily duplicated via glitch(that may have been official servers only, not SP), I did lose ALL my feats and points were reset, which I can't find in any patch notes. According to the pop-up, it's due to changes in feat progression. EXCEPT, there's no changes to progression that I can see, only the addition of DLC markers to every page of feats. So now I have to deal with obnoxious clutter on my screen, for DLC that I'm not going to buy.

Since I didn't really care to tediously go out and harvest tons of resources to make a dozen or so building pieces at a time, I just admin-moded the whole thing. Main keep is done save furnishing, and the main wall is placed as well. Gates are stupid, really tall, and you can't place place anything on the sides, meaning they do nothing to actually keep anything out unless I'm missing something here.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 03, 2018, 11:01:12 pm »

Feats/attributes were reset because there was an exploit letting you get 50 in everything - possibly also getting too many feat points, but definitely the attributes.

I'm pretty sure I've had gates fit into foundation/wall gaps cleanly with certain configurations, but even if they don't you can use wall foundation pieces to connect with the walls or foundations next to them.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 04, 2018, 07:35:47 am »

Had to replace all the gates, as well as the foundation walls surrounding them, but I was able to stick wall sections perpendicular into the sides of the gates, which created a seal when I replaced the foundation walls. Still not sure why I had to do all that, the replacement gates were in the exact same position as the old ones. Whatever, the castle walls are finished, and holy crap does the site look different.

Also still can't find the patch notes regarding feat/attribute points being reset. Only noticed that my attributes were reset when I was overladen with fish and being attacked by a crocodile. Lost a full stack of oil-fish that I dropped to get my encumbrance below 100% to fight the croc, and couldn't find the lootbag afterwards.

I guess it's time to get back to exploring and murdering everything I can find.

EDIT: Beat the Abyssal Remnant. Apparently shields do not block its attacks very well in first-person. Also I really don't like swordfighting, I'm too used to my pike.

EDIT2: Oh crap. I just realized something: I've been stacking foundation blocks on top of one another. The problem with that is if you destroy a foundation block, all foundation blocks on top of it are also destroyed. I first noticed this when replacing the gates, but I only now realized that it applies in the event of an attack. Instead, if anyone else is building similar fortifications, you should place ceiling blocks on top of each foundation, since foundations can be placed on top of the ceiling blocks. If the structure below is destroyed, a ceiling block may survive if adjacent blocks give it enough stability - foundation blocks cannot receive stability from the sides, hence they're destroyed if the structures below are lost.

EDIT3: Well it seems you can't actually put ceilings on top of foundations, though can put foundations on top of ceilings. Could have sworn you could do both. I wonder if four walls and a central pillar would work better.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 06:23:58 am by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16