Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

Author Topic: Conan Exiles! What is best in life?  (Read 32087 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Conan Exiles! What is best in life?
« Reply #210 on: July 06, 2018, 02:35:37 pm »

I always make the bottommost foundation a higher-tier foundation.

Also my walls are lined with archer III's armed with snake arrows. Nothing likes being shot with a snake.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 06, 2018, 03:55:10 pm »

Re: Remnant: circle clockwise in 3rd person and you should be fine. I've done it with stone and bone at 10 or 12. And there's plenty of time between the dive and the flop to switch out your spear, and vice versa.

Also: the patch added so many nice things and did such lovely high-level balance tweaks... but omg soooooo many bugs...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 06, 2018, 04:25:44 pm »

Latest patch broke placing wells. And it sucks since my next three journey steps are "Use an explosive" "Lure an enemy into a trap" and "Drink from a well". Instead of making explosive devices for the first two, I decided to spend all my tar on crafting a well, which I can't place. I'm not sure, but I think using the Mitra fountain counts, but that'll have to wait a level or two to get that feat.

In another story of some of this game's bullshit buggery, I had placed a Wheel of Pain by the Black Galleon, and put a few very nice thralls into it - a T2 Alchemist, a T3 Blacksmith, a T3 Task Master, and a T3 Fighter. After they all broke(by lowering the time in server settings because screw that), I had the fun time of trying to haul them back to my base, about a third of the entire game map away - and I was out of food. The mental image is that of me carrying them in a piggyback ride chain. Realized this wasn't going to work by the first hyena attack. I put the fighter down, handed her one of the thralls, and was able to walk and fight normally. When we got back to base, I put the other slaves to work in their respective stations, and figured I'd move the fighter to inside the keep. Not sure what happened, perhaps instead of following me through the door she attempted to climb the keep, but I heard her scream. I ran outside to find a pool of blood and her legs sticking out from under the foundation. All that trouble, and I just happened to recruit the Wicked Witch of the East of all people...

It took me over half an hour in the admin screen to spawn a new thrall of the same group/class/race/gender, and the one success happened to look like the one that died probably by sheer chance.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 07, 2018, 08:10:02 am »

Latest patch broke placing wells. And it sucks since my next three journey steps are "Use an explosive" "Lure an enemy into a trap" and "Drink from a well". Instead of making explosive devices for the first two, I decided to spend all my tar on crafting a well, which I can't place. I'm not sure, but I think using the Mitra fountain counts, but that'll have to wait a level or two to get that feat.

In another story of some of this game's bullshit buggery, I had placed a Wheel of Pain by the Black Galleon, and put a few very nice thralls into it - a T2 Alchemist, a T3 Blacksmith, a T3 Task Master, and a T3 Fighter. After they all broke(by lowering the time in server settings because screw that), I had the fun time of trying to haul them back to my base, about a third of the entire game map away - and I was out of food. The mental image is that of me carrying them in a piggyback ride chain. Realized this wasn't going to work by the first hyena attack. I put the fighter down, handed her one of the thralls, and was able to walk and fight normally. When we got back to base, I put the other slaves to work in their respective stations, and figured I'd move the fighter to inside the keep. Not sure what happened, perhaps instead of following me through the door she attempted to climb the keep, but I heard her scream. I ran outside to find a pool of blood and her legs sticking out from under the foundation. All that trouble, and I just happened to recruit the Wicked Witch of the East of all people...

It took me over half an hour in the admin screen to spawn a new thrall of the same group/class/race/gender, and the one success happened to look like the one that died probably by sheer chance.

Mitra shrines do count, and I'm not sure but IIRC you might still be able to put wells on foundations.  At the very least it's worth a shot

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 07, 2018, 04:27:16 pm »

Tried putting well on (indoor) foundation, didn't work. Also tried putting the well on the roof, not sure why I expected that to work. Admin-ed in the Mitra fountain after buying the feat, I just didn't have time/desire to go out and gather the resources to upgrade my shrine - it did count for the journey step. Not sure why the well is bugged and the fountain is not, and I haven't checked if the upgraded well is bugged or not.

Also took me several tries for the "Use an explosive" step. I turns out that shooting the explosive pot(or converting it into a mine) doe NOT count for the step, you have to walk up to it and light the fuse(running is optional, but recommended).

PRE-EDIT: They already have a hotfix patch up. Claims to fix the well bug, as well as the bug that got my previously mentioned fighter thrall under the foundations.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 21, 2018, 08:20:02 pm »

Two weeks is good for a double-post?

I've been building a new citadel in the highlands, right on top of Skyholme Ruins. Admin-mode, of course, since manually harvesting resources would likely take me months for the stuff I already placed. I used a different method for the walls, this time using pillars surrounded by wall sections with ceilings between pillars instead of stacked foundations. Seems to work better, though I goofed and forgot the ceiling sections between the pillars, not so for the walls of the main keep. I don't think NPCs can squeeze through the gaps between the pillar and wall sections should the outer section be destroyed, and even if they can I can put spikes in the gap.

The main keep is a ⌀13-block circular structure, though I cannot make it actually round since there's no half-block foundation and the method for using foundation wedges is both complicated and requires you to use it from the start whereas I had already placed the base foundations down. Not really sure how to allocate space there. So far I've got a 5-block high chamber I'm going to use as a banquet hall of sorts, and the next floor up is a 2-block high chamber originally going to be used as a map room until I saw that the map was blocking support pillars. Maybe I'll make a throne room or something. Going up from there, I don't know.

One slightly annoying thing they've changed two weeks ago was changing support beams to decorative beams that provide no support. This also means little or no diagonal support.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 03, 2018, 02:01:08 pm »

New patch out. The changelog is small but tragic:

-The Jewel of the West Pack is now available for purchase
-Fixed a bug where tents would make players and NPCs immortal
-Fixed an issue where the Potion of Endowment buff effect wouldn't get removed after timing out, leading to potentially world-destroying amounts of dong
-Fixed an issue where meteor shells were automatically destroyed after landing, making it difficult to harvest Star Metal

potentially world-destroying amounts of dong
Damn.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 08, 2018, 03:54:47 pm »

-Fixed a bug where tents would make players and NPCs immortal

Oh good, that was pretty frustrating.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 05, 2018, 12:53:48 pm »

Hey guys if anyone is looking for a new server me and me buds got together to get a dedicated 30-slot server up.

It's PvEc with no time restrictions, meaning PvP is on but buildings cannot be damaged. 5x harvest and 2x xp mean less time grinding and more time playing. We'd like to build a nice regular social community based on base building and murdering people for their plant fiber. Also there's a Halloween event on for just a little while longer.

Name: Instance City - PvEc Dedicated 30/slot 5x Harvest/2x XP
Connection Info: 181.215.49.228:7905
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 06, 2019, 02:02:52 pm »

!!!NECRO!!!

Anyone still playing this? I just picked it up on the long time insistence/recommendation of my friends, and was wondering if there are any Bay12 servers or groups roaming about?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 06, 2019, 02:36:29 pm »

I pick it up every time there's a major update for sure. Not playing it at present.

Lots of fun. Was probably planning on picking it up again fairly soon.

Our server is down right now but I'm sure we'll put it back up eventually.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 29, 2021, 07:22:53 pm »

*brushes sand and bones off the thread*

I actually picked this up in December of 2019. Put around 20 hours into it when (I think) I had a case of the 'ol first wave Covid over the holidays. Half of that time was spent figuring stuff out and building a barebones base, the other half of it was running to the nearest cool thing I saw in the distance.

Kinda gave up because I felt like death most of the time and TBH I didn't have the energy nor was the game so amazing that it kept me playing it. It was cool to see and climb around on but the exploration/reward balance was sorta underwhelming.

Anyways, saw a Youtuber I like doing a speed run of it and it re-kindled my desire to play, maybe with a couple of friends.

TLDR: Anyone got some hot tips on some mods? I feel like for a purely solo game it lacks some things. Like I've put a shit load of time into 7 Days To Die, which isn't exactly the same kind of game as this, but is another survival crafting sim. Compared to that, the looting in Conan feels pretty barebones. I think I killed like a mini boss or two after sneaking through their lairs and it didn't really feel like I got much out of it. Are there mods to make things cooler? Spicier? So it's not just kind of a dry crafting sim with "beautiful landscapes"? :P No real plans on playing on an open server, just a private SP world that I might open up to my friends.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 29, 2021, 07:25:10 pm »

Yeah I highly recommend playing with a bud or two.

I've never explored mods for this, but I understand that at this point it's got a reasonably healthy community with whole new maps to check out.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 30, 2021, 06:48:06 am »

Setting your movement speed higher with the console is the only mod I need, zoom zoom.
^^

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 21, 2023, 06:28:16 pm »

I'm a little hesitant to resurrect a nearly two year dead thread, but I've been seriously considering getting this after rewatching the Neebs Gaming playthrough. However, the reviews are... less than stellar.

So what are people's opinions on this game?
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16