Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: Conan Exiles! What is best in life?  (Read 32088 times)

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
Re: Conan Exiles! What is best in life?
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2017, 08:29:01 am »

Is there any point playing this as a single player?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2017, 08:34:29 am »

Is there any point playing this as a single player?
I have tried, and you die a lot.
I reckon you die a lot in Multiplayer as well, but it might be a bit more survivable.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 02:27:16 pm by Ultimuh »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2017, 10:56:44 am »

What's this I hear about dong giggle physics?
Love, scriver~

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2017, 11:07:33 am »

What's this I hear about dong giggle physics?

theres full on nudity for the gents and ladies with full physics support. never has teabagging a defeated opponent been so visceral
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2017, 12:13:53 pm »

Okay now I'm super interested in this game
Love, scriver~

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2017, 08:06:49 pm »

bumping, the games been getting regular updates and im here to say...

the games fairly awesome with potential to grow. at the very least, they are still working on it.

what is best in life?
to bumppost with abandon, to see the thread driven before you and to hear the lamentations of its moderators
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 08:20:02 pm by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2017, 04:00:50 pm »

Got this game, and am straight-up addicted.

Lot of fun, plenty of polish for an alpha, and obvious dev attention. I got nothing to hate on here.

The last modern survival game I got into was ARK, which was.... stale after a short time.

Conan has:
-Dungeons. Like actual dungeons, with monsters, bosses, lore, unique recipes found in said dungeons, the works.
-More engaging everything. Everything from crafting to simply moving around the map (free climbing?!) is just better and offers real variety.
-Monster types with unique abilities/attacks.
-Outright slavery THE WHEEL OF PAIN James Earl Jones references.
-Religion with unique benefits.

There's more too. Feels like a real Conan game but with survival, and not just a generic survival game with Conan themes. There was even a small puzzle to solve to get into a dungeon we just discovered.

I'm running a functional 100% always on dedicated server from home, and that works fine for me and some mates to play on. I'd like to open it up to public but I'm not sure about my bandwidth.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 04:09:37 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2017, 04:25:31 pm »

nah that's alright, play what's comfortable for you and your internet; im mostly on my singleplayer game as well. i'm trying to build an actual city and inhabit it with thralls. at the center of this city is my t2 stonebrick castle maned by t3 fighter/archer thralls in full steel. ive never mined so much in any survival game ever.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2017, 10:28:19 am »

I've heard the crafting grind/tech tree is pretty beastly, in the sense of "oh god why must I suffer so?". Also thralls randomly disappearing and other good stuff.

It's incredibly difficult to find a game that dares to actually model slavery, so I've been keeping an eye on this even with the somewhat mixed responses it's been getting. The grind for summoning a godly avatar seems absolutely hysterical, but I can kinda understand that, given the power of the thing.

...well, sorta. The transformation only lasts, what, 15 seconds? Which has been proven to be more than enough time to get yourself stuck on some geometry or spend an incredibly long dramatic attack windup just to miss because the hitbox isn't what you think it is.

The actual benefits and distinctions provided by the different religions are also a little bit "eh", from what I've seen. From what I could gather from discussions and the game's rather tragically under-staffed wiki, the religious items are either not particularly important when compared with mainline stuff (outside of Yog's food and Set's antidotes) or are too expensive to be worth the effort. I suppose they shyed away from giving the religions particularly distinctive or powerful advantages so that there wouldn't be an obvious "best" faith, but it's not like that actually matters much considering you can get access to all of their tech trees regardless of which one you pick (and the general consensus seems to be that Yog is better anyways, despite this).

There's been talk of potentially adding in some other ones, like Jhebbel Sag. That has the potential to be a lot of fun.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2017, 02:35:23 pm »

I can confirm that religion items are rad as hell.

I'm a Set worshipper, and I get snake arrows at 20. Thulsa-Doom style. Snake arrows are about twice as good as flint arrows, and cause significant poison damage. Also they cost nothing but branches. Speccing into multiple religions is prohibitively expensive from what I can tell. Yog's food is fantastic, Mitra apparently gets free water anywhere (I'm told) and Ymir gets great arrows and great armor.

Anyway on my server we did end up turning durability loss down by half. It made things feel MUCH more balanced in terms of resource gathering/repair ratio.

No idea about avatars. My understanding is that they are supposed to be a death star, and when you summon one you can just sort of crush an enemy base.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2017, 03:17:03 pm »

yeah, avatars are expensive as fuck cuz they're supposed to be a stalemate ender on those big 2 faction servers.

the fortress is coming along nicely; i have created mini bases at the south beginner lake/oasis, near the big nordhiemer town, near the cimmerian camp, near the pirate ship and near the cannibal town for thrall taking.

i've yet to begin on the town so far, i've been stockpiling thralls and stone foundations while im working on hardened steel (i like the look of hardened steel armor over star metal).

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2017, 06:16:04 pm »

yeah, avatars are expensive as fuck cuz they're supposed to be a stalemate ender on those big 2 faction servers.

the fortress is coming along nicely; i have created mini bases at the south beginner lake/oasis, near the big nordhiemer town, near the cimmerian camp, near the pirate ship and near the cannibal town for thrall taking.

i've yet to begin on the town so far, i've been stockpiling thralls and stone foundations while im working on hardened steel (i like the look of hardened steel armor over star metal).

Give us pictures! When you're far enough a long that is.  :D

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2017, 06:30:37 pm »

Who would play this rather then rust MP wise?

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2017, 06:31:09 pm »

im, uh, not exactly sure its, ah, forum rules friendly if you catch my drift. (all my thralls so far are naked. and female. and i have them posted everywhere on the walls and near my manor house.)

i had my mini base near the nord city glitch a bit but i can at least link that, just to show the glitch.

i can try to catch my base; i moved into this pimpin valley oasis place close to the center of the map and im almost sure this location is popular due to its pimpness.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 06:35:46 pm by JimboM12 »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2017, 06:36:58 pm »

Haha ok.

Me and 3 friends play it PvE. We have lots of fun. We mostly do PvE because we are too old and involved in our home lives to combat you kids and your abundant "free time" as I'm told it's called in the old legends.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16