Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: Conan Exiles! What is best in life?  (Read 31878 times)

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 07:19:22 pm by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Conan Exiles! What is best in life?
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2017, 06:58:46 pm »

Seems tasteful! I like the idea of the upper part of the base being up on the plateau or whatever it is. That's neat.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2017, 08:36:17 pm »

i just went to visit my old base i moved from that i havent visited in forever and it was gone; i think it decayed away. i have since disabled building decay. i wonder if thats why those foundations went missing but im starting to think that was just a bug
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2017, 12:18:41 pm »

We are moving to our new home tonight in the pre-snow alpine areas. We will be trailing about 15 thralls, including a named armorer IV.

Along the way are a Black Rhino and the Rockhead King.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2017, 02:49:20 pm »

i got lazy; i only redid my manor house in t2 brick, that's too much of a grind for me to redo everything, lol

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2017, 03:21:59 pm »

We are building our new place primarily of insulated wood. There are four of us, though.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2017, 03:33:23 pm »

how fun is this single player? npc and the world do stuff or are just set pieces? do enemy npfactions build up or if you aren't online the world is static?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2017, 03:37:39 pm »

It's fairly static. Enemy camps don't expand, and the same types of creatures live in the same areas.

But, there is a lot to explore and do. In ARK, you could explore the island and find nothing but some more greenery on different cliffs that might have different dinosaurs. Last night I explored the icy area and found some named caves filled with Bat Demons that had chests and loot. Before that I explored the south and found a sewer dungeon with a boss at the end that required minor puzzle solving to gain access and progress.

Lot of cool things to find and discover, and monsters have unique behavior and abilities.

::EDIT::
I do highly recommend duoing or something with a friend. There is a private Co-op mode, but it has a tether. I learned how to run a dedicated server on my PC to avoid this.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 05:03:14 pm by Dunamisdeos »

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2017, 03:39:27 pm »

how fun is this single player? npc and the world do stuff or are just set pieces? do enemy npfactions build up or if you aren't online the world is static?

its fairly static at the moment, the npc camps are static and respawn after some time. future updates promise npc raids on your base featuring the "footprints" feature where they'll trace you back to your homebase. also, the sandstorms will bring monsters ala the opening cinematic= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmihnW24iMU.

for the time being its' like subnautica or the forest where singleplayers about making a pimp home and then exploring; there are actual dungeons for you to find and loot with unique rare recipes you can only find in there.

dang it, ninjaed

i broke down my wall already but i did upgrade it (still t1 tho) with a 2nd layer of palisades and i widened the crafting area a bit. i worked in some of my design upgrades to my upper base walls as well. my archers with the palisades are doing a good job of killing the random rocknoses and elephants that try to reach the doors. i upgraded the archers with snake arrows as well (protip; archer thralls only need one arrow and that arrow needs to be "linked" to the bow and they'll have infinite ammo.)
also, my lower base's wall has an upgraded sniper tower now which also has the benefit of firing down on the palisades so im being flooded with reptile hide from all the alligators
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 05:49:58 pm by JimboM12 »

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2017, 09:41:01 pm »

I recently got this, and it reminds me of ARK a lot, but better.

The resource cost to build stuff are kicking my butt, probably lots better multi-player... Speaking of which: Are there any bay12 servers?
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2017, 09:59:37 pm »

I just bought it on sale as well, and would be up for a new B12 server.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2017, 11:35:26 pm »

I'm not sure if this is widely known or not, considering that the game never mentions it, but you can climb cliffs in this game. Just walk up to a cliff, and press "jump" (space). This will cause you to latch on, then you just use the movement controls to climb where ever you want. Climbing down is trickier, you need to step off the edge and the press space to grab on as you fall. It is entirely too easy to fall to your death because you didn't fall closely enough to grab on.

I'm guessing this is little known, as none of the beginners guides I looked at mentions climbing either...

EDIT: I did find one mention of climbing on the steam forums, specifically a guy complaining that there are no PvP servers with climbing disabled.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 03:15:37 am by milo christiansen »
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2017, 09:38:36 am »

I was going to buy it, but the Steam page mentions it has Denuvo. Should I bother now?

For reference: According to Wikipedia Denuvo is "anti-tampering" and DRM protection that requires online re-activation if you change hardware and locks you out if you change your PC hardware more than 4 times within 24 hours. The Steam page also mentions a limit of activations on different PCs(5/day). It's been alleged that Denuvo also constantly reads/writes to hard drive(denied by its developers), which is bad especially for SSDs. It also leaves garbage behind if you uninstall the game that Denuvo is packed with.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2017, 11:13:55 am »

I'll be honest here, I hate Denuvo, but not strongly enough to avoid games that use it.

I have not run a cracked version of CE, so I can't say how much performance impact Denuvo has in this case, but generally (with a few games being notable exceptions) it is minor. I have no idea if the SSD thing is true or not.

The game seems to run OK on my system with mid-range settings, and I'm pretty low end (FX6300, GTX 750 Ti 2 GB, 16 GB RAM), so it can't be too bad in this case.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 25, 2017, 10:43:39 am »

It was a bad joke, incredible case of showing off, both, or this is really "low-end" now?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16