Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: Conan Exiles! What is best in life?  (Read 31877 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Conan Exiles! What is best in life?
« Reply #60 on: December 25, 2017, 11:12:53 am »

Well, I bought that several year ago now, and the whole system cost less than $500... So low end.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 25, 2017, 11:51:09 am »

Mine probably isn't much better than that, but it runs the game on ultra-everything without issue. RAM is the same, but I have twice as much video memory with the same card.

I set up my house wedged right in between two camps of hostiles with light-medium armor. I think one camp might be of lower tier, as in the the other camp I've seen metal weapons. The good news is that I got a pretty clear(if roundabout, assuming I don't jump off the cliff) path to the watering hole below, where I can harvest a good amount of wood and plant fiber. So far I've gotten the furnace, carpentry, and blacksmith benches set up, currently gathering materials for tannery.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2017, 02:05:29 am »

Is there anything special you need to do to connect to a server in this game? Every time I try to play multi-player it times out when trying to connect.

I have a low ping for all the servers I have tried (~30-40), there is an exception in my firewall, and my router supports UPnP. Other games (for example, Team Fortress 2) work just fine.

This is really annoying, and I can't seem to find anything wrong.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2017, 02:23:54 pm »

I sometimes have to try a couple times before it connects.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2018, 02:43:21 pm »

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2018, 01:37:51 pm »

Roofing large structures has been the worst for me. However, most recent update has made it way, way easier to join servers. I rarely crash/fail to connect.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2018, 09:43:50 pm »

OK, this sucks.

I can't connect to any servers.

I keep trying every few days, just in case, but it never works. Well, except today. Today I forgot to turn my VPN off and it connected just fine, albeit with a ping 2x larger than normal.

My firewall has all the needed exceptions and other games work just fine, so I have no idea what the problem is.

At least I know the problem is somewhere on my end now.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2018, 11:24:26 am »

I had that issue but it was internet connectivity on my end.

Turns out that any slowdown client-side can result in simply not connecting at all to a server. But one of the update removed this issue for me almost entirely.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2018, 09:21:29 pm »

Are there any servers the community would recommend, or interest in a community server? A friend and I are looking to get back into the game, mostly for the building and PvE (and of course, social shenanigans), and were looking for a new home.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2018, 11:01:21 pm »

Mephisto recently offered the use of his server to community parties of 4 or more. I'd be willing to play actively for a while if you wanted to pursue that.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2018, 09:36:18 pm »

Thanks for the offer, and sorry for the later reply- work happened.  ::)

After trying about a dozen different servers, we decided to go ahead and just rent our own.

Conan is very finicky (or we're just particular) in that it takes a lot of tweaks to balance things for smaller groups and less tedious gameplay, without resorting to 10x and the practical equivalent of free-build. And then you have the mods.

If we can't manage to get a few more players and make a go of this, maybe we'll take you up on it sometime!

“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2018, 02:41:01 pm »

Hey folks if you want I have a dedicated PvE testlive server. Send me a PM if you'd like to play. Recommend bringing a group of 2+ if you can, though I don't mind if you want to go solo. Only have 10 slots right now and 4 of us in our group, no reason that couldn't change, though. We run 1.5x XP and no item drop on death as the main differences from vanilla.

I can say with a clear conscience that this is a really, really good survival game with way more to it than the likes of ARK. They've added huge amounts of lore, functional dungeons, a combo-based combat system where each weapon type (daggers, one handed swords, two handed swords, one handed maces) have different combos.

Also an end-game goal, that being a way to remove the bracelet that keeps you in the exiled lands and escape. I was on the fence about this being one of those early access games that fall short, but not any more.

Really just waiting for the sorcery release now, but that's probably a long way away.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 02:59:16 pm by Dunamisdeos »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2018, 03:06:56 pm »

PTW.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2018, 12:36:54 pm »

Purge mechanic hit testlive, bands of raiders/frost giants/packs of wolves etc etc etc will now periodically attack your base.

milspec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2018, 11:19:56 pm »

Wow this game is great. I agree with every design decision the devs made. I can’t tell you what a thrill of joy I felt when my torch went out at night before a sandstorm, leaving me dark and a little unsettled. Or the joy of climbing across rock walls to avoid the guards in front of a temple, only to have my stamina run out forcing me to slide down into a nest of scorpions.

The setting and the game design compliment each other well - its immersive and busy and challenging and mysterious and fun.

I have an open server run by a professional server host. If you are curious about the game then come join us. Its on the West Coast of the US. Its got the default "Official" rule-set, except that PvP against players is always on but damage against buildings is always off. This means your base and the stuff you keep in it and your sleeping body are always safe, but helps make the world itself feel dangerous.

I would be honored if the Bay 12 crew explored the world of Conan with us. :-)

IP / Port: 108.61.124.68:24000
Name: (PvP) Fleetwood - No Building Damage
40 Players

Peek at the server:

https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers/conanexiles/2269865

- milspec
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16