Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Industries of Titan (Early Access)  (Read 1423 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Industries of Titan (Early Access)
« on: June 24, 2021, 12:59:07 am »

Industries of Titan (Steam Page), an early access game just released on steam (after being an Epic Store exclusive for a bit) by the developers of Crypt of the Necrodancer and Phantom Brigade, is most easily described as an industrial city builder taking place on Saturn's moon, Titan.

It features some interesting systems -- while best described as a city builder, part of the game has you going inside your factory buildings to place down individual devices and pieces of equipment to actually give said factory building a functionality. Some of this equipment can be replaced by dedicated buildings, while some require factory buildings. You also design ships to serve in your military and fight enemies in a way fairly similar to the game FTL -- you place down crew pods, life support, generators, weapons, and more; in combat the individual parts can be damaged and you can target your weapons wherever you want on the enemy ship. And all this, of course, goes with the core city builder gameplay.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Industries of Titan (Early Access)
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 07:32:07 am »

PTW,

Been watching this for a while and it do look pretty awesome.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2021, 09:17:23 am »

I will say it's still pretty rough, I have hit several bugs in the first few hours and decided to shelve it for now.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2022, 05:48:41 pm »

How has this game progressed? It looks interesting, especially since I'm a huge Titan fan.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2022, 09:48:57 am »

I haven't touched it. I only played it through a friend. The recent reviews indicate not much has changed.