Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What is paradox?

Clausewitz games (EU-likes)
- 4 (80%)
Anything made by Paradox (also Legion, Diplomacy etc.)
- 0 (0%)
The two main universes (EU and Ardania)
- 0 (0%)
Anything Paradox ever touched (Svea Rike through Tyranny)
- 0 (0%)
It's that thing where that barber shaves people no one will shave, innit?
- 1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: February 10, 2017, 11:49:11 pm

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Paradox General Thread- Victorian Crusader Universalis: Heart of Stellaris  (Read 23306 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: Paradox General Thread- Victorian Crusader Universalis: Heart of Stellaris
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2017, 02:51:22 pm »

There was, but it was only after the Steam Workshop mod was taken down.  That was more because of some discussion in the comments that turned ugly; as such, they nuked the mod from orbit.  This revelation created its own host of drama, though, since it opened the gates to the idea that certain users might "commentbomb" any mods they might not like.  There are still a myriad of mods that divide humans by phenotype, including Caucasian-only, though.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2017, 03:17:26 pm »

Yep, the mod still exists... https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=685069894

I might do a LP along those lines for fun actually. Spess nazis.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2017, 11:53:44 pm »

Yep, the mod still exists... https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=685069894

I might do a LP along those lines for fun actually. Spess nazis.
No, it wasn't that one. It was this one: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=687816935

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2017, 09:59:34 pm »

Might as well necro this.

Would anybody be interested in a Victoria 2 succession game? I was thinking that we would play a country with elections--I had the U.S. in mind, specifically--and switch players every time there was an election.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2017, 11:09:16 pm »

sounds like it could be fun. Vanilla?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

Shameless Victoria 2 lp plug

Not the aforementioned succession game, but thought you guys may be interested. Bit of a narrative LP, relatively granular updates. Currently at 1842.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No idea what type of game Imperator is, but I wonder what it means to the prospects of Vic 3. No release this year for sure, and probably not next year either.
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

No idea what type of game Imperator is, but I wonder what it means to the prospects of Vic 3. No release this year for sure, and probably not next year either.
https://www.paradoxplaza.com/imperator-rome/IMIM01GSK0000001-MASTER.html

The screenshots from this look like a pretty standard Paradox game. I've never played EU: Rome, but this looks like what I'd imagine a post CKII/EUIV EU: Rome to look like.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Well, shit. Pdox Rome 2. Never thought I'd see the day.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING! OH JOY THAT I LIVE TO SEE THIS DAY! B
Love, scriver~

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

They also announced another DLC for HoI4, Man the Guns, naval themed of course. Preorders are already up with some random bonus stuff (nothing in-game from the looks of it) even though there's been zero features announced for it at this time, so that's fun.

(and yes this should prolly go into the HoI4 thread but I cba looking for that atm)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

I could easily see it being another Sengeku, or whatever the Japanese feudal-simulator was called. The one that was a prototype for CK2's mechanics and which was dropped as soon as CK2 came out. More or less. I could easily be wrong with the details.

Rome 2's focus on pops and goods production is very Victoria-like, so it could be testing the waters for Vicky 3. But I've also heard that none of the higher ups in Paradox want to champion Vicky 3 because Vicky 2 has a lot of rabid fanboys who will tear that game apart of it doesn't meet their expectations so... I wouldn't be surprised if Rome 2 became its own thing instead. It is an interesting historical period which Paradox hasn't explored much and breaking new ground might be more appealing to the developers than rehashing a beloved classic.

Not much we can do but wait and see though.

They also announced another DLC for HoI4, Man the Guns, naval themed of course.

No surprises here, since naval combat in HoI4 has always been... Lackluster to say the least. The only real question was whether it would be the next DLC they were working on or the one after, given the hints they've dropped. Inb4 everyone complains about them working on the next DLC while China is still busted.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They also announced a Crusader Kings boardgame kickstarter. I'm so tempted, I love boardgames, and CKII is one of my all time favourite PC games. But I don't really like the idea of kickstarting first run boardgames, it could turn out to be bad, or even just mediocre, and mediocre games rarely make it to the table after being played once if you have a group with a large selection of boardgames to choose from. But it could be amazing.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1192053011/crusader-kings-the-board-game-lead-your-dynasty-to

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

There is a store page with screenshots of Imperator, for those wondering what it looks like.

Quote from: Announced features

Character Management: A living world of characters with varying skills and traits that will change over time. They will lead your nation, govern your provinces and command your armies and fleets. We also introduce our new, more human-like character art.

Diverse Populations: Citizens, freemen, tribesmen and slaves - each population with its own culture and religion. Whether they fill your armies, fill your coffers or fill your colonies, keep an eye on their happiness - your success depends on their satisfaction.

Battle Tactics: Choose your approach before battle to counter the stratagems of your foes.

Military Traditions: Each culture has a unique way of waging war. Romans and Celts have different options available to them. Unlock unique bonuses, abilities and units.

Different Government Types: Manage the senate in a Republic, hold your court together in a monarchy, answer to the clans in a tribal system.

Barbarians and Rebellions: Migrating barbarians may sack or settle your best land, while disloyal governors or generals can turn against you - taking their armies with them!

Trade: Goods provide bonuses to their home province. Will you take advantage of stockpiles for local strength or trade excess goods to spread the wealth around?

Provincial Improvement: Invest in buildings, roads and defences to make your kingdom stronger and richer.

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

India aside, also take a look at Carthage, specifically it's super thin coastline and it's teeny tiny holdings on the Massaesylian coast. Very small counties, or something new in the way of provinces?

For reference, one of my main issues with EU: Rome was that it did a very bad job of portraying the idea that a state may hold a city or colony, or even control the whole coastline, while controlling nothing of the interior of the province (see basically every Greek and Carthaginian colony ever). You either controlled the entirety of a province or nothing. Of you colonised a county you didn't build a harbour or a trading port, you basically genocided the entire area.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13