Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34

Author Topic: (Abandoned) (Roll 61) Roll to dodge: Estratia  (Read 40476 times)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge: Estratia (2/5)
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2017, 03:35:18 am »

My edits are in blue. I like the idea behind the passive, but it seems kind of impractical to have a passive that makes you equip a piece of armor, when you could equip said piece of armor yourself and have the passive do something else. Except maybe if the passive only activated under certain conditions. Also, only Renowed and upper rarity items give bonus directly to stats.

And no background because I felt it would take too much space.

Yeah I was aware of that, kind of in a WIP state. I was thinking about having it be a toggle, mage and warrior, but I'm sure what the magnitude of the stat changes should be.

Would items that give elements be considered broken?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 03:43:12 am by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2017, 03:47:00 am »

My edits are in blue. I like the idea behind the passive, but it seems kind of impractical to have a passive that makes you equip a piece of armor, when you could equip said piece of armor yourself and have the passive do something else. Except maybe if the passive only activated under certain conditions. Also, only Renowed and upper rarity items give bonus directly to stats.

And no background because I felt it would take too much space.

Yeah I was aware of that, kind of in a WIP state. I was thinking about having it be a toggle, mage and warrior, but I'm sure what the magnitude of the stat changes should be.

Would items that give elements be considered broken?
Broken on multiple levels, yeah. The thing is: you can learn how to use other elements, but you will always be aligned to only one. Of course, there can be exceptions when certain very rare situations can make you change your element, or Ultimate accessories and armors that change/upgrade some of your skills while equipped, but all of those things are mostly endgame.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2017, 03:47:45 am »

Broken on multiple levels, yeah. The thing is: you can learn how to use other elements, but you will always be aligned to only one. Of course, there can be exceptions when certain very rare situations can make you change your element, or Ultimate accessories and armors that change/upgrade some of your skills while equipped, but all of those things are mostly endgame.

Ok. Got it.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2017, 04:01:56 am »

Name: Nayrous
Race: Skeleton
Appearance (optional): Nayrous is a skeleton adorned in old incantations and the seals of various wizards, upon his forehead rests rubies and amethyst. His eyes glow with a velvet color.

In combat Nayrous summons the armor of his old self, a well fit suit of black steel with purple drapings and a galea style helmet with a face plate.

Faction: Mercenaries.
Starting Location: (Awaiting Imput)
Element (1 only): Darkness
Inventory (I'd suggest having a sword here):
--
(You may only start with two pieces of equipment, be it armor or weapon. You can use the 'stock' weapons in the weapon section, or make a custom one. Your armor will also be created by you. Once again, please keep it balanced.)
Head:
Neck:
Torso:
Back:
Arm -Left: -Right:
Hand -Left: -Right:
Fingers 1-10:
Waist:
Leg -Left: -Right:
Feet -Left: -Right:
Weapon 1: (I'd suggest a spell book here)
Weapon 2:
--
Stats:

STR: 0
DEX: 0
RES: 0
AGI: 0
INT: 1

EXP: 0/20
--
Active Ability: (1 only):

Mortuus Praesentia (Awaiting Imput):

Passive Ability (1 only):

Spiritus Sepulturam: Nayrous general form does not lend itself well to physical combat, however; this form with all of its seals and incantations lends itself well to magic in this form Nayrous suffers -1 to defense and STR but gains +2 to magic rolls. Nayrous can focus his power, removing the above modifiers, to summon a ghastly suit of armor, this suit negates the defensive weakness' of his skeletal form. In addition this form provides +1 STR, +1 RES, this armor melds with whatever Nayrous is wearing. (Removed the AGI bonus because it was too much)

----

My edits are in blue. I believe that either one of the forms will slowly become obsolete as the game progresses or that you're going to struggle to keep each of them at least on par with the enemies.
If you really wanted a darkness oriented spellcaster you could've choose Wraith or Elemental, though.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 04:03:27 am by Neoexdeath »

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2017, 04:06:44 am »

My edits are in blue. I believe that either one of the forms will slowly become obsolete as the game progresses or that you're going to struggle to keep each of them at least on par with the enemies.

Yeah I figured that would happen, so I added a converter clause allowing me to convert INT to STR in that form. The other stats can be useful to either a warrior or mage so I figure that as long as I allow myself to convert INT to STR I can scale both. Also just as a small balance prevented Nayrous from casting in armored form.

I want to have a special sword but I'm not sure what is OP. Can I have a sword that also functions as a wand?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 04:26:38 am by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2017, 04:29:25 am »

Is magic a weapon, or does it take up an ability slot? Do we learn abilities or do we pick up new spells as weapons?
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2017, 04:58:24 am »

Is magic a weapon, or does it take up an ability slot? Do we learn abilities or do we pick up new spells as weapons?
No, magic can only be used through abilities. There are however weapons classified as magic enhancers which increase the stats of the spells you cast. The reason why their bonuses are so low is to not make magic overpowered because the spells themselves can also get bonuses to power/speed/attack/pierce.

Also, you can learn spells through various ways: studying spellbooks, asking someone else to tutor you or simply experimenting with your element (although that could also blow up in your face, so be careful).

Yeah I figured that would happen, so I added a converter clause allowing me to convert INT to STR in that form. The other stats can be useful to either a warrior or mage so I figure that as long as I allow myself to convert INT to STR I can scale both. Also just as a small balance prevented Nayrous from casting in armored form.

I want to have a special sword but I'm not sure what is OP. Can I have a sword that also functions as a wand?
Sorry, but I can't let you have something like that. The best course of action would be to have a magic enhancer and a sword between which you can switch whenever you change forms.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 05:01:23 am by Neoexdeath »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2017, 05:06:06 am »

Thanks. By the way, I edited my sheet into my post. You may want to have a look.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2017, 05:21:04 am »

Sorry, but I can't let you have something like that. The best course of action would be to have a magic enhancer and a sword between which you can switch whenever you change forms.

Yeah I understand.

Hopefully my latest changes are ok. My passive increases magic, my active negates my passive; adds defense and converts INT to strength and converts my special rod item into a sword.

So in essence I'll spec INT and RES and my active will give me a scaling, temporary warrior form.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 05:25:58 am by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2017, 05:30:13 am »

Name: Nayrous
Race: Skeleton (Cannot feel pain, cannot bleed, +1 power/parry, -2 defense against blunt attacks, -1 to all magic except dark
Appearance (optional): Nayrous is a skeleton adorned in old incantations and the seals of various wizards, upon his forehead rests rubies and amethyst. His eyes glow with a velvet color.
In combat Nayrous summons the armor of his old self, a well fit suit of black steel with purple drapings and a galea style helmet with a face plate.

Faction: Mercenaries.
Starting Location: Indinera forest
Element (1 only): Darkness
Inventory:
- Broadsword (2H) (+3 slashing, +2 power, -1 accuracy, -2 dodge, +1 parry if STR is above 4)
- Healing Reagent (+2-3 health, -3-5 pain, cures poison)
--
(You may only start with two pieces of equipment, be it armor or weapon. You can use the 'stock' weapons in the weapon section, or make a custom one. Your armor will also be created by you. Once again, please keep it balanced.)
Head:
Neck:
Torso: Seals of augenda voluntatem (+1 defense, +2 additional magical defense, +1 accuracy, -1 parry, bonuses can be nullified for 3 turns by any dispelling skill.)
Back:
Fingers 1-10:
Waist:
Weapon 1: Carnem deleo (wand, During Spiritus sepulturam this becomes a longsword.) (Sorry, but no. A weapon with an effect like this would count at least as legendary. Just use one of the magical enhancers from the weapons tab)
Weapon 2:
--
Stats (you get 1 stat point from the beginning):

STR: -1 (-1)

--
- Estuans mortem (Nayrous can focus his power, removing Spiritus sepulturam, to summon a ghastly suit of armor. This suit negates the defensive weakness' of his skeletal form. In addition this form provides +1 STR and +1 RES. In this form he can also convert INT points into STR points. Estuans mortem lasts 3 turns. When the buff expires, all converted STR goes back to INT. Has a 5 turn cooldown.)

- Spiritus sepulturam (Nayrous general form does not lend itself well to physical combat, however; this form with all of its seals and incantations lends itself well to magic in this form Nayrous suffers -1 to defense and STR but gains +2 to magic rolls.)
----

Nerfed the passive a little bit because it was basically just giving you +2 to magic without any drawback whatsoever.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 09:15:49 am by Neoexdeath »

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2017, 05:49:15 am »

Name: Cyfraith
Race: Wraith (+2 to magic, +1 dodge, -2 physical attack, -1 parry)
Appearance: A puppet of wood, string, and leather that moves by itself. It looks deceptively human, having a real face and expressions, and most people wouldn't know what she is at first glance... until they hear the clattering of wooden limbs moving against each other. She wears thick, ornate dresses that she weaves herself, this helps to muffle the sound a bit.
She has white hair and red eyes.
Faction: Human Empire
Starting Location: Indinera forest
Element: Air
Inventory (2 items max):
- Razor Wire (Can be used for attaching things together, crafting, or self-repair. Can consume for +1 STR for 1 turn. Can also pull back throwables while the buff is active, recovering them immediately) {10}
- Magicka Energyzer (+2 to magic rolls for 3 turns, speeds up cooldowns by 1 when used)
--
Head:
Neck:
Torso:
Back:
Fingers 1-10:
Waist:
Weapon 1: Throwing Knives (Base range = up to 1, +1 stabbing, -1 power) (keeps razor wire tied around them for retracting them)
Weapon 2: Flintlock Pistol (Base range = up to 1, +1 pierce, +1 major actions per round, reload time: 1) (There are no firearms in this era. Please replace this with something else.)
--
Stats:

--
Active Ability:
- Compressibility: Invoking the properties of air, Cyfraith can shrink her form down to the size of a rabbit.
(Will probably change this ability thanks to revelations about magic) (Yeah, you should definitely do that)

Passive Ability:
- Accelerator (Cyfraith moves not by physical power, but by focusing elemental energy. Objects she touches tend to become more lightweight, giving +1 accuracy to melee and throwables.)

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2017, 06:02:32 am »

Name: Antaeus
Race: Human
Appearance (optional): A plain-clothed man with a giant sword strapped to his back. A wide-brimmed hat hides his face.
Faction: Mercenary
Starting Location: The outskirts of Metrolia
Element (1 only): Fire
Inventory (You may only start with two items in your inventory):
- Shield Potion (-4 pain, +1 defense for 6 turns) {1}
- Obsidian powder (+2 defense and +1 RES for 3 turns) {2}

---
Head:
Neck:
Torso:
Back:
Fingers 1: Flame Ring (+1 to fire spells, +2 attack vs ice enemies, -1 magic defense, -1 attack vs fire enemies)
Waist:
Weapon 1: Zweihander (2H) (+3 power, +2 slashing, +1 accuracy if you have 3 or more STR, -1 parrying, -2 dodging) (You can't start with weapons that get scaling bonuses depending on your stats, sorry. Also, you'll really regret if you go full on in one stat and ignore the others, believe me. >.>)
Weapon 2:
--
Stats (your final stats are in front and the modifiers are in parentheses):

RES: 2 (+1)
AGI: -1 (-1)
INT: 0

--
- Willpower (Gives a buff of +2 power, +1 accuracy and +2 parry that lasts 3 turns. Has a cooldown of 5 rounds.)

- Tough: (+1 physical defense, +1 RES, -1 AGI)
----

Generally lowered the numbers on stuff because it was waaay too high, and tried to make the character a little more balanced.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 09:17:47 am by Neoexdeath »

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2017, 12:27:34 pm »

Spoiler: Nayrous (click to show/hide)

Nerfed the passive a little bit because it was basically just giving you +2 to magic without any drawback whatsoever.

I thought about that, however; I figured passives would just buff us. I may have chosen really high numbers though.

There, I think this is my finished char, thanks for the help!

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2017, 12:59:08 pm »

I thought about that, however; I figured passives would just buff us. I may have chosen really high numbers though.

There, I think this is my finished char, thanks for the help!

It actually depends on how much buff you want. If it's like +1 something, then it's okay by itself, but if you want more than that, then it also has to have some kind of drawbacks. Otherwise it's just imbalanced.

Also, I will give Carnem deleo the basic rod stats. Is that okay with you?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge: Estratia (Full) *Waiting for players*
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2017, 01:18:09 pm »

There are no firearms in this era

How about this?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Is there no gunpowder at all or would they just be hard to make?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 01:33:02 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34