Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 34

Author Topic: (Abandoned) (Roll 61) Roll to dodge: Estratia  (Read 40813 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 30) Roll to not get assassinated: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open*
« Reply #255 on: March 24, 2017, 01:40:47 am »

"Wasn't told myself, said the imp I'd speak to would know what I'd be doing."

Continue to skele-pokerface as much as I can.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Chrose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 30) Roll to not get assassinated: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open*
« Reply #256 on: March 24, 2017, 03:03:23 am »

Attack the Anaconda.
Arclight
Estratia
Horror Time
Illysia
Path of the Old Gods
Hellfire

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 31) Roll to dodge: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open*
« Reply #257 on: March 25, 2017, 05:44:14 pm »

Roll 31
----

Mercenary 1

"Really? Because I only stumbled upon you by chance. For all I know it could've been a Fu'hin'Il in my place." the imp replies, eyeing your rapiers suspiciously. You continue to keep on a straight face, despite the green mask hiding your features and skeletons being unable to change their expression very much. Anyway, your ruse doesn't seem to be working very well.
"You know what? I'm just going to bring you to Aakbul-Dahma. It'll know how to... take care of you." it said after pondering for a few moments, snickering at the end. The little demon suddenly flies up to your waist and grabs your arm and starts chanting. You suddenly realize that letting the imp finish whatever plan it had wasn't going to be very good for you.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Daxon (Unavailable)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

You decide to equip your ring while turning your head towards the direction of the sound, which would be the far end of the ceiling. At first you only see a bunch of blurred shadows, but soon about four bats with grass green eyes come into view. Rhunon, who followed your followed your look towards the mammals, sighs he takes his bow from his back.
"Those are Zoid Bats. They're rather territorial when in numbers and I would be surprised if they didn't have at least one fight with the millipuves here." he explains while loading an arrow in his weapon. "Oh, and their bite is venomous, so try not to get hit." the elf added before loosing the arrow towards the nearest bat.

(Rhunon: 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 11 vs 9 = 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 Dodge Zoid Bat #1)

The projectile hits and it falls down into the abyss below. Two more to go.

---
Enemies:

Zoid Bat x 3

---
Allies:

Rhunon

WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

"My friend says that this is a fertile Cockatrix egg, but..." Nez'gol shakes his head before studying it's shell more closely. It was a milk white with orange spots laid all over it, nearly forming some sort of pattern. But that might be just your imagination. "Well, all cockatrixes are very defensive of their offspring, so it makes no sense for a female to just leave her eggs like this, unless she's dead." he explains with uncertainty in his tone. "Anyway, Sar'nir wishes to give it to you as a gift for not letting anyone harm me during our mission." the lizardman adds, his reptilian eyes meeting yours. "So, will you accept it?" he asks.
---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Nez'gol
---

Rethi-Eli

Mercenary 4

You proceed to swing your blades again towards the anaconda, trying to kill it this time.

(Geralt: 6 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 = 14 vs 5 = 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 Dodge Blue Anaconda)
(Armor protection: 9 - 2 = 7 damage)

Your attack inflicts a long gash across the reptile's body and a large stab wound on it's middle head. It falls to the ground limp, spilling blood everywhere, which only added to the already existing puddle from the other two corpses.

Victory! +18 exp. Vanina levels up! Geralt levels up!

You take a look around the section of the cave you find yourself in, seeing a small pond and a pink crystal orb sitting on top of a strange formation of rocks towards the north, a chest on the west side and finally two batches of tiny flowers with white petals. Finally, there's an opening you can go through towards the south from which came some light. It most probably led outside.
--
Enemies:

--
Alllies:

Vanina

--
Chrose

Empire 1

"I fully agree." Carola replies with an unnerved tone as the orc attacks her again. In the meatine, you look around and notice the bridge is going over what appears to be a small river. Considering it's depth and distance from you, you deduce that you'd probably break half the bones in your body if you try to jump.

(Red Orc: 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 10 vs 12 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 4 Parry Carola)

"Why exactly do you keep attacking only me?" the girl asks as she manages to bat away his blow.
"You're the only one who can even hit me." the red orc replies, gripping his shortswords as his eyes dart towards Fenrir, who rolls his eyes.
"Anyway, don't expect any objections from me." the man says towards you as your partner retaliates...

(Carola: 4 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 13 vs 7 = 1 - 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 Parry Red Orc)
(Armor protection: 6 - 2 = 4 damage)

The enemy falls to the ground bleeding from two large cuts across his chest. He stares blankly towards the sky before finally giving his last breath. The whole exchange only lasted for a few seconds so the three of you run across the bridge, stumbling upon the black mark left by the mage's spell and finally making it back to the end with the burning carriage. Unfortunately, the cloaked woman nearly catches up to you before you can go any further, but Fenrir quicly launches another dark fragment towards her.

(Fenrir: 1 + 2 + 1 - 1 - 2 = 1 vs 11 = 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 5 ??)

Again, she doesn't even bother with trying to dodge it, the projectile's doing no damage and not even slowing her down. After that, she does an acrobatic jump and lands right in front of you, forcing you to stop.

"This is starting to get annoying." the woman says, gripping one of her dai-katas with her left arm.

---
Enemies:

??
---
Allies:

Fenrir

Carola
---

Crimson

Empire 2

"My name is Brussian and I used to be an Elf who chose to live in the wilderness." it replied with a distant look. Or sorrowful, since it's opaque eyes made the emotions hard to distinguish. "One day I was kidnapped by a group of people who brought me to a strange place. I can't remember what happened to me after that, except that they forced some mixture down my throat. After that there was only a blur of pain and bloodshed and I finally end up waking up somewhere in the forest, looking like... this." the canine explains with a small growl at the end. "I am a werewolf now, I believe, although unlike the others I cannot see with my eyes, so instead I have to rely on my other senses. It was odd at first but now I simply see it as a new perspective on the world." it finishes, now staring directly at you. As you listen to his words, you also notice Saraqael staring up towards you with a questioning look in his eyes from the bush he's hidden in.
---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Saraqael
--

_DivideByZero_
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 11:27:11 am by Neoexdeath »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 31) Roll to lie to an imp: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open*
« Reply #258 on: March 25, 2017, 06:08:40 pm »

"You're a real dumb shit, you know that right?"

Taunt the imp to distract it, then see if I can get a stab off with my rapier.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 25, 2017, 06:55:39 pm »

"Zoid bats?

A fearsome creature indeed."

Cast Shadow Blast then fire off some Umbra bolt.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 25, 2017, 07:36:57 pm »

I would be honored. Prithee let Sar'nir know that I am grateful.

Accept the egg, thank Sar'nir, head off to the marsh. Keep an eye out for an angry cockatrix.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 25, 2017, 11:26:33 pm »

"Ah, well hello... Brussian."

Now that introductions were over, Cyfraith wondered how to progress with the conversation.

"I'm looking for a certain shrine in a certain cathedral. You wouldn't happen to be familiar with the land, would you?"

She calls for Sarakiel to come out, kneeling and motioning with her fingers.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 26, 2017, 09:13:43 am »

Whisper to Carola and Fenrir. Tell them to let me talk and not to attack the mysterious girl unless she attacks us first.

"... Sorry but as much I want to go with you, we have things that we need to do in Andretana. How can we guarantee that nothing will happen to us if I go see the person you call Lord Uba?"

With ??'s speed, she'll definitely get the first strike. Only hope is to get through her attacks with as little damage as possible. For now though, make sure that none of my companions attack her first.

First of, see if she is actually willing to at least talk despite the rocky start we have. If she is, try to ask a bit about what will happen if I go with her. And what will happen to Carola and Fenrir as well.

But if she does attack us first (since she's already pissed), I'm gonna just hope that we survive the initial onslaught. I'll ask once more if the sparkcrystal powder is flammable. Since if it is, throw it to the burning carriage if ?? is near it. If not, then communicate with Fenrir and tell him to shoot the powder with his magic if he can once I throw it. Once it gets close to the girl, give the signal to Fenrir to use his magic. Hopefully it'll work and distract ?? for a bit. Quickly retreat and get away from ?? if the opportunity presents itself.

Chrose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 26, 2017, 12:54:57 pm »

Distribute one point to RES, and loot the scales of the basilisks and the anaconda.
Arclight
Estratia
Horror Time
Illysia
Path of the Old Gods
Hellfire

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 32) Roll to dodge: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open*
« Reply #264 on: March 26, 2017, 05:26:43 pm »

Roll 32
----
@Crimson No, the spartcrystal powder is not flammable, although it would emmit a bright flash for a second if you'd throw it into the fire. Also, making Fenrir break the bottle with a shadow fragment would only make the powder spill everywhere.

Mercenary 1

You fling a really dirty insult towards the imp...

(Nix: 6 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 10 vs 11 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 5 Dodge Void Imp)

"Ha! Says the bonehead who somehow got himself sent straight into the Realm of Madness!" it retorts with a large grin on it's face as you attempt to stab it... But just before your rapiers make contanct, tthe little demon's body suddenly becomes a blur, and your weapons pass right through it. The blur then flies to your left side and forms itself into the imp again.
"And now you're trying to him me with those pieces of metal. Didn't you know that we imps can become ethereal at will?" it adds, now laughing, producing annoying high pitched sounds. Your opponent only takes a few seconds to regain it's composure though, darting towards you with it's right hand emitting a black glow...

(Void Imp: 5 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 10 vs 7 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 Parry Nix)

It's claws slash your left leg, nearly cutting a section of your fibula off entirely. For some reason, the small demon seems to be surprised by this, staring at it's hand as the darkness covering it dissipated.

---
Enemies:

Void Imp

---
Allies:

Daxon (Unavailable)
---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

You decide to launch a Shadwo Blast towards the bats, probably hoping to take them all out at once, although it would've been a better idea to heal yourself instead...

(Nayrous: 5 + 2 + 1 - 1 - 2 = 5 vs 9 = 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 Dodge Zoid Bat #2)

Unfortunately, you miss completely, but the projectile continues traveling up until it hits the ceiling with a loud, resonating Boom. You see the remains of five bats falling off, one of them landing right next to you while the others going down into the abyss below. This also stirs the rest of the bats in the cave. (+5 skill EXP)
After that, you proceed to cast an umbra bolt towards the nearest bat...

(Nayrous: 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 5 vs 13 = 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 6 Dodge Zoid Bat #1)

Yet it again dodges your attack quite easily. In the mean time, Rhunon was firing two arrows in quick succession from his shortbow...

(Rhunon: 6 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 15 vs 12 = 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 5 Dodge Zoid Bat #2)
(Rhunon: 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 1 = 15 vs 12 = 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 5 Dodge Zoid Bat #3)

Both projectiles hit their mark, sending two more of the mammals down into the darkness. The only bat that remained of the grup manages to get near the elf and attempts to bite him...

(Zoid Bat: 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 9 vs 8 = 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 Dodge Rhunon)

It just manages to land it's teeth into his right shoulder, inflicting a small wound.

---
Enemies:

Zoid Bat x 3

---
Allies:

Rhunon

WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

Nez'gol nods as you take the egg before turning towards Sar'nir and talking to him for a few moments. You try to listen, but most of what they say to each other sounds like gibberish to you. Anyway, your friend finally turns his attention back towards you and sees that you're stuck with holding the gift in your hand, since you have no space left in your inventory.
"I suppose I'll be carrying it for you, if you want." he says, looking slightly amused. You give him the egg and then head off through the forest, following Nez'gol through the trees and dangerously close to the rogue camp before taking a sharp turn towards the south and, after about fifteen minutes, you arrive at a long bridge crossing a waterfall. The view is breathtaking, the serene yet energetic sound of each drop of water falling down the stream, creating a small rainbow of collors at it's base. Unfortunately, you cannot admire the scenery for long as you see two lizardmen, both of them looking like the rogues you fought before, approach you, weapons drawn.
"I don't know what bussines you or the human have here, but don't even think we're just going to let you pass after what you've done." the shield wielding one says, pointing his shortsword towards you. Yout notice your companion drawing his weapon.

---
Enemies:

Lizardman Guard

Lizardman Shaman
---
Allies:

Nez'gol
---

Rethi-Eli

Mercenary 4

You kneel down in front of the corpses and use your knife to take off the scaly skin of two basilisks and the anaconda, since the third basilisk was incinerated by Vanina. Speaking of her, you notice that she was inspecting the pink orb next to the pond.
--
Enemies:

--
Alllies:

Vanina

--
Chrose

Empire 1

"I don't know about what appointment you have in Andretana, but I can assure you that Uba won't lay a finger on you." the woman replies. From this distance you can see her rolling her eyes. You ask what will happen to you and your companion if you go with her.
"All I know is that he saw potential when you fought his servants. He's been using magic to scry on you since you entered his territory, anyway." she explains, studying you from head to toe. "As for your friends, I don't really know. I'd guess they'll be allowed to stick with you." she adds with a frown.
"And why exactly is this 'Uba' so interested in her?" Fenrir asks, his expression torn between tiredness and annoyance.
"You'll find out." the woman replies, her lips forming into a thin smile.

---
Enemies:

??
---
Allies:

Fenrir

Carola
---

Crimson

Empire 2

You kneel and motion to Saraqael with your finger to come out of hiding, although it would've been faster to just tell him to come. Anyway, he stares at you puzzled for a few seconds before understanding your gestures and jumping out of the bush and onto the path in front of the werewolf. They both sniff each other curiously for a moment before Brussian directs his attention back to you.
"Excuse me, but it's a curious sight to see a young xerberus wandering around with anything other than their kin." it explains, looking at you suspiciously. "And yes, I do know my way around the forest, although there are quite a few small shrines built near major landmarks, not to mention that there are about three cathedrals that I know of, so I will need to know the name of the place you're looking for." the canine then says, it's left ear twitching slightly.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Saraqael
--

_DivideByZero_
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 03:01:31 pm by Neoexdeath »

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 32) Roll to anger venomous bats: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open*
« Reply #265 on: March 26, 2017, 06:35:12 pm »

I shall give you one chance to submit, and only one. I don't want anyone else to die.

Try and persuade the lizardman to not be dicks and let us go. If that fails, just beat on the shaman
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 26, 2017, 10:18:40 pm »

(Yeah, I was actually hoping that the scattered powder would distract her. Though thankfully, it won't have to come to that.)

"... Looks like we have no choice... Alright, I'll go. So long as you can guarantee that nothing bad will happen to us."

Sheathe my dai-katana's and watch if the mysterious girl does so as well. Make sure my companions also do so.

Once things are a bit more calm, go loot some things first. Take reinforced leather boots from one of the orcs and equip it. Then go to the dead mage and take all his stuff. Equip the warding pendant and red gloves. Next up, switch the chainmail coat with the wizard robe and put the coat in my inventory. As for the runed rod, put it in my bag as well.

After that, go ahead and follow the girl to go and meet this Lord Uba.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 26, 2017, 10:44:51 pm »

Use the Obsidian powder, and stab this imp son of a bitch again.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Chrose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 26, 2017, 11:21:33 pm »

"Any idea what the orb does?"

Open the chest and pick up the flowers.
Arclight
Estratia
Horror Time
Illysia
Path of the Old Gods
Hellfire

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 27, 2017, 01:12:23 am »

Cyfraith glances to her right. "...is your left ear fine?" she asks idly.

"I am looking for a certain cathedral of mirrors, if you don't mind sharing the information."

Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 34