Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 34

Author Topic: (Abandoned) (Roll 61) Roll to dodge: Estratia  (Read 40479 times)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 32) Roll to anger venomous bats: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open*
« Reply #270 on: March 27, 2017, 01:14:25 am »

"I am no wizard! Sancti gratia!" Nayrous cackles vibrantly.

Nayrous casts Saaris' Touch on himself and enters Estuans mortem. Pulling out his broadsword he gives it a swing at the bats.

"Those wings won't save you from the gaping jaws of hell!"
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 11:25:28 am by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 33) Roll to dodge: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open*
« Reply #271 on: March 28, 2017, 05:27:20 pm »

Roll 33
----
@NRDL Well, it looks like the dice has spared you of the most humiliating death ever. >.>
--
Also, I made two minor changes: The slashing/stabbing/impact bonus vs dodge/armor/parry will now be equal to the slashing/stabbing/impact of your equipped weapon(s) instead of just +2. Also, I added the level of your characters in your character sheets.

Mercenary 1

You apply the obsidian powder in the bottle on your bones, and you immediately start feeling as the the resistance of your bones is strengthened. After that, you swing towards the imp, who was now staring at you oddly. Unfortunately, your rapiers only cut through the air as the little fiend becomes a blur, or 'ethereal' as it said, once again, materializing on your right side now. you turn towards him with anger boiling in your eyes. You prepare yourself to block whatever attack it launches at you, but the only thing it does is stare into the distance, it's eyes lost in thought.
"So, how did you even get here if Azygos didn't send you?" the demon suddenly asks, turning it's attention back to you.

---
Enemy:

Void Imp
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

---
Allies:

Daxon (Unavailable)
---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

You invoke the darkness element and concentrate it on the damage inflicted by the Nereim you fought earlier. A small concentration of shadows gathers around it, mending the bone somewhat, but not completely. (+1 health)
After that, you summon your favourite suit of armor and trade your rod for the broadsword in your inventory before attempting to cut the last bat in two, not forgetting to threaten it first of course.

(Nayrous: 3 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 1 - 1 - 1 = 9 vs 8 = 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 Dodge Zoid Bat #2)

You manage to slash through it's left wing, making it fall onto the ground and bounce into the abyss.

Victory! +27 exp! Rhunon leveled up!

You see Rhunon lowering his body in order to dodge a zoid bat diving for him as he grabbed your hand.
"Come on, we can't take on all of them at once!" the elf says, gesturing with his head towards the opening that led back to the other room. You follow him there, managing to avoid most of the agitated bats along the way.
"So, what do we do now? Take the other path and make a run for it hoping that those bats don't eat us alive?" he asks with irritation in his tone while letting go of your hand and leaning on the wall between the two paths. You can see that he looks rather tired.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Rhunon

WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

"You actually expect us to just let you walk by after you killed our leader?" the shield wielding lizardman replied, glare at you. In the meatime, the shaman wasn't even listening to your conversation, instead chanting the words of a spell. You immediately lunge towards him, but the guard jumps in to block your attack, a white aura shining around him.

(Antaeus: 5 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 11 vs 10 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 Intercept Lizardman Guard) (Break: 2/5 Failed)
(Antaeus: 1 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 7 vs 14 = 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 6 Intercept Lizardman Guard) (Break: 2/5 Failed)

You manage to inflict three small wounds with your trident on the first strike, but your second one is completely blocked. Nez'gol says a few words and suddenly hit thunderous cloud appears over your heads. One second later a thunder bolt ripples through the sky...

(Nez'gol: 6 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 11 vs 7 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 Dodge Lizardman Shaman)

... Hitting the shaman and utterly incinerating him to ashes. Seeing this, the remaining enemy hisses angrily before swinging his shortsword towards you...

(Lizardman Guard: 5 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 10 vs 11 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 2 Parry Antaeus)

You manage to parry his attack with your weapon. This trident seems quite good at stopping attacks.

---
Enemies:

Lizardman Guard
---
Allies:

Nez'gol
---

Rethi-Eli

Mercenary 4

Vanina doesn't reply, instead touching the smooth surface of the orb and saying a few words you can't quite understand. At first nothing happens, but after a few moments you see the pink light inside the orb slowly fading while the girl was being surrounded by an aura of energy, growing brighter every second. A minute later the glow inside the sphere is completely gone along with the aura around her.
"It was an Alexandrite filled with some raw Magicka." she finally says, coming next to you. "Most gemstones can be infused with elemental energy, the rarest of them even having power of their own such as a ruby, but Alexandrites, Diamonds, Tourmalines and Garnets can store any energy, including the raw, unaligned one." she then explained. You realize that this information will be very useful to you in the future since you are aligned to earth and all. Anyway, you proceed to loot the chest, finding a tiny vial filled with power pepper and a healing reagent. You also take three flowers from a patch near to the chest. You also throw away the two stone swords you made in order to make room in your inventory.
--
Enemies:

--
Alllies:

Vanina

--
Chrose

Empire 1

"Sure." she replies without too much interest.

Victory? +20 exp, Mystel levels up, Fenrir levels up.

Looking at her again you realize that she never actually drew her blades, so you simply sheathe yours with a shrug. Fenrir does the same with his wand, hiding it in his coat, and Carola glares at the woman for a moment before following your example. After that, all four of you go down the bridge again, and as you pass by the orc's corpse you loot his boots and equip them. When you get at the other end you also loot the red gloves and the robe of the elf and equip them, although Fenrir snatches his rod before you do. Anyway, you proceed towards a stone staircase which led up to the building. Up close it seemed more like a castle, although it had a few unique features: most of it was made out of smooth grey stone and had three levels and a rooftop, a balcony stretching out on the third level, all of the windows were made of reinforced glass and had silver plates around them, and had a somewhat rectangular shape. What really caught your attention though were the two massive and intricate runes placed around the double dark wood door, almost making you miss the guards stationed near the entrance. The only thing that was really missing were the towers, to be honest, but you could see about four lookouts sitting on the roof. You don't have time to study the building more though, because two red orcs urge you inside. You find yourself in a large multi-purpose room with four pillars placed in a square shape in the middle, two large tables towards the left, four beds on the right and finally, an average-sized man clad in dark armor with dark chestnut hair and flanked by a woman in a light pink dress wearing golden jewerlies and a man wearing a long green coat.
"Wendala, I see you brought the girl in..." the armored man, who is most probably Uba, said after you entered. "... and her friends too." he added, looking slightly disappointed.
"You never gave me any details." the woman, Wendala, replied indifferently. Uba rolled his before motioning for you to come to him.

---
Neutral:

Wendala
---
Allies:

Fenrir

Carola
---

Crimson

Empire 2

Brussian sniffs the air for a moment after which the fur on his head straightens up. It then turns it's head towards you, looking calm, although those opaque eyes staring directly at you looked rather ominous.
"I thought I heard something, that's all." Brussian finally answers. "As for the Cathedral of Mirrors, I know where it is, although it's quite far from where we are." it adds. "The path leading there isn't marked on any map and the building itself is hidden by an illusion ward, but I can help you get there. But before that, I need a favor from you." the canine explains, choosing it's words carefully. "All I ask is that you help me... read something." it finishes, sounding almost embarassed at the end.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Saraqael
--

_DivideByZero_

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 33) Roll to learn about rocks: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open*
« Reply #272 on: March 28, 2017, 08:31:32 pm »

"That plan may prove fatal for you." Nayrous says flatly.

"But I am not convinced that waiting will improve our chances. Not when the bats attacked without much provocation the first time.

Celeriter quasi equus impetu! A swift beast of the night!"

Unless Rhunon opts to wait, quickly traverse the other passage. Carry Rhunon if it would make a positive difference.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 09:36:25 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 28, 2017, 08:32:42 pm »

"I...opened a chest. I was in a dungeon, then I was transported here."

Attempt to use my skeletal charms to get this imp on my side, however slightly.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 28, 2017, 08:53:41 pm »

Perform a single powerful attack on the lizardman, try to break his guard so Nez'gol can finish him off.
You are making thy last mistake. Run while life still courses through your blood.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 28, 2017, 09:26:40 pm »

(+1 to AGI. Also, just a note that the boots I'm supposed to have are missing.)

Approach him cautiously and greet him:

"... Lord Uba, is it? Sorry for the caution but me and my friends... didn't have a good first encounter with your men."

After that, listen to what he has to say.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 29, 2017, 04:03:58 pm »

"R... 'read' something?" Cyfraith shows confusion.

"Ah, this realm uses written language," she recalls the oddly-shaped symbols found on houses and storefronts all over this dimension.

"I will do my best..."
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Chrose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 30, 2017, 01:59:42 am »

"Can you help me keep that orb for now? My backpack is kind of full."

Consume the power pepper and head towards the southern opening.

"Ugh, I don't suppose you have any water on you?"
Arclight
Estratia
Horror Time
Illysia
Path of the Old Gods
Hellfire

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 31, 2017, 12:03:56 pm »

I'm sorry to say that I won't be able to post any rolls tonight or in the weekend, because my mother forgot to pay the Internet bill. So, right now my only way to access the Internet would be my phone, which isn't ideal for writing rolls with. Fortunately, I should be able to go back to my normal schedule on Monday.

Chrose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 31, 2017, 07:44:47 pm »

((That's sad, hope you get your internet back soon.))
Arclight
Estratia
Horror Time
Illysia
Path of the Old Gods
Hellfire

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 01, 2017, 02:58:46 pm »

Yeah, no hurry. I hope everything gets sorted out.

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 34) Roll to dodge: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open*
« Reply #281 on: April 06, 2017, 05:46:24 pm »

Roll 34
----
Well, it 'only' took me one week to fix my Internet. Better late than never, I suppose.
--
@Crimson Fixed.
--
@WunderKatze Looks like Lady Luck isn't with you this roll.

--

Mercenary 1

"A... chest?" the imp replies, taken aback. "I thought that you were bani- nevermind." it cuts itself off before finishing the sentence. You can't help but feel a little suspicios as the little demon takes a second to compose itself. "Anyway, I have nothing to gain from killing you, and since you can't really hurt me... I suppose we can help each other." it finally says, now glaring at your mask, as if trying to see through it's painted visage. "I know a Fu'hin'Il, which is Demon Warlock in your language by the way, that can... help transport you back from where you came. I'll say what I want you to do for me when we get to him." it explains with a mysterious tone before stopping to think for a few moements. "Oh, and I'm called Hazrafol if you wanted to know."
---
Neutral:

Hazrafol

---
Allies:

Daxon (Unavailable)
---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

"I know, but staying here won't make my condition go away and those bats would rather get in here than calm down, so..." Rhunon trails off for a split second. "Not much of a choice here." he finishes with a sigh. After that, the elf rights himself before motioning towards the left passage. "We go both at once and don't stop." he says, waiting for you to get next to him. After that, he counts to three and you both sprint off through the passage and onto a mostly straight path that led to a faraway hole, just big enough of you to crawl into.

(Roll to go fast {AGI} Nayrous: 2 - 1 = 1, Rhunon: 8 + 3 - 3 - 1 - 1 = 6)

You trip on a stone half-way and nearly slide off into the abyss while your companion rushes past you and manages to make it to the hole-exit. It takes him a moment to realize what happened and then gesture towards something behind you. You get up and look behind your shoulder and see... nothing, but then you catch a glimpse of something moving above. A quick glance reveals five zoid bats flying towards you and before you can do anything else, an arrow whirls over your head and towards them.

(Rhunon: 3 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 3 - 1 - 1 = 5 vs 13 = 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 6 Dodge Zoid Bat #1)
(Rhunon: 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 - 3 - 1 - 1 = 4 vs 11 = 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 Dodge Zoid Bat #4)

But the two bats in it's trajectory easily fly out of the way, however it does at least have the effect of slowing down their advance somewhat.

---
Enemies:

Zoid Bat x 5
---
Allies:

Rhunon

WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

The lizardman ignores your words and instead swings his shortsword towards you again just as you prepare to stab him with your trident...

(Clash {AGI}: Antaeus 2 - 1 = 1 vs 1 = 1 + 1 - 1 - 2 Lizardman Guard)
(Clash {STR}: Antaeus 3 + 1 = 4 vs 3 = 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 - 3 Lizardman Guard)

Your weapons are in a deadlock for a second, but you manage to overpower the guard and push him back before finally thrusting your trident towards him.

(Antaeus: 1 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 7 vs 12 = 1 - 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 5 Parry Lizardman Guard) (Break: 1/5 Failed)
(Antaeus: 3 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 9 vs 12 = 1 - 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 5 Parry Lizardman Guard) (Break: 4/5 Failed)

Yet he blocks both of your strikes. The cloud looming above you sends another bolt down...

(Nez'gol: 6 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 9 vs 12 = 1 - 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 5 Parry Lizardman Guard)

But the thunderstrike bounces off your opponent's shield and into a tree, incinerating it's trunk and making it fall backwards with a loud creaking noise. Nez'gol then darts towards him.

(Nez'gol: 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 10 vs 8 = 1 - 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 Parry Lizardman Guard)

His blade cuts through the guard's chestpiece, leaving a medium-sized hole from which blood flowed freely. Your opponent releases a few inteligible sounds before falling headfirst onto the ground, dead.

Victory! +14 exp

"Well, I suppose my people will deal with the remaining rogue lizardmen eventually." your companion observes while making a motion towards the thunder cloud he summoned. In just a few seconds it dissipates into the air, leaving no trace of it's existence, except for the damage caused by the thunder bolts, of course.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Nez'gol
---

Rethi-Eli

Mercenary 4

"I was planning to keep it to myself, actually. Although, if you really want it, I suppose I can trade it with you for some items." Vanina replies as you pour the pepper inside the vial in your mouth. The taste is like fire itself and the feeling quickly spreads from your mouth to your entire body, feeling it's heat course through every single fiber of your entire muscular system. Yet, despite all this, the experience isn't painful at all and it subsides after about a minute, leaving only a feeling that could only be described as your entire mouth being scorched. The girl waits patiently until you return your attention to her.
"Here you go." she hands you a flask filled with water, which you gulp down to the last drop. This calms down the feeling somewhat, although it's still there. After all that, you both head through the souther opening which leads you to a small cliff overlooking the ruins of Metrolia and the surrounding outskirts. The scenery was both breathtaking and somewhat odd: the setting sun's red rays bathed the forest in dark colors, which were only complemented by the impenetrable shadows that covered the ground, and the gray ruin in the middle only served to give the whole scene a mysterious and borderline frightening look. You manage to peel your eyes off the view and take a quick glance around, seeing a bottle filled with some liquid sitting on the ground to your left and an average-sized tree with something stuck between it's branches to your right.
--
Enemies:

--
Alllies:

Vanina

--
Chrose

Empire 1

"Yes, I learned about the fate of the patrol and I orchestrated the attack on the bridge." Uba replies disinterested. The woman in pink dress whispers a few words in his ear before staring at you with an indifferent expression. "However, the reason I had you brought here is because I see potential in you." he begins explaining, his lips twisting into a thin smile. "Despite your poor equipment and trainning, you managed to dispatch my servants without too much hassle. Although I suppose it's also because you had help." he gives Wendala a venomous glare which she ignores, instead opting to inspect a strand of her smooth black hair. "I want to make sure your talent doesn't go to waste, and that's why I'm willing to do you a favor by offering you a chance to join the Blood Assassins." the man finishes. From his tone you can see that he's not expecting you to refuse.
---
Neutral:

Wendala
---
Allies:

Fenrir

Carola
---

Crimson

Empire 2

"Yes, quite a few of this realm's inhabitants use written language." Brussian replies, looking at you surprised. "Either way, let us go to my cave, we will talk on the way there." he then says. You jump off the branch you were sitting on all this time and land lightly on the ground next to Saraqael, who sniffs your dress for a few seconds before backing off, looking satisfied. After that, you both follow after the werewolf through the forest, not taking any marked path, which, coupled with the fact that it was getting pretty dark, forces you to stay very near the canine. "I am curious, though, how does your kind record their history and teachings without writing?" it asks after about ten minutes, not turning it's head towards you. "And do all of you have a natural affinity for magicka?" it adds.
---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Saraqael
--

_DivideByZero_
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 05:50:59 pm by Neoexdeath »

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

"Damned curses of hell! I've tired of this clumsy form and its tedious ailments."

Enraged, Nayrous shouts at the bats, "Bone, Iron and blood! Yes! The very gates of hell! Hear my resolve! You will all perish. Virum sánguinum sol resurget!"

Nayrous bears down his heavy sword aiming to crush the bats.

Also retreat while fighting in the least cowardly manner possible.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Press onwards.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

"Pleasure to meet you, Hazrafol." Nix says as sarcastically as he can.

Follow Hazrafol, unequip the Champion Bracers.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 34