Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 34

Author Topic: (Abandoned) (Roll 61) Roll to dodge: Estratia  (Read 40832 times)

Chrose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any idea what this liquid is?

Examine bottle and whatever's stuck in the tree.
Arclight
Estratia
Horror Time
Illysia
Path of the Old Gods
Hellfire

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Blood Assassins... If... If I accept your offer, what happens to me?"

With the current situation, rejecting his offer is pretty much impossible. Ask him about that, as well as what would happen to my companions if I accept. For one, while I'm not fully against joining right now if its for me and my companions own good and safety, I would at least like the chance to finish my business first in that planned tournament. And ensure also that my two buddies can get back safely.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile

Cyfraith replies after a long pause, suddenly changing her expression.
"History is made up of facts, which cannot be disputed."

"In this world it seems men live as if the past never happened. But to me that makes no sense. History is history. Nothing ceases to exist on a whim." she finishes her thought.
"What is the purpose of recording the past? Is it not merely a restatement of fact?"
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 35) Roll to dodge: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open*
« Reply #288 on: April 10, 2017, 05:18:02 pm »

Roll 35
----
I can't wait for the easter holiday.
--

Mercenary 1

Hazrafol doesn't reply and you decide to unequip your champion bracers for some reason before following after the imp, who was already flying ahead of you. As you walk on the grey 'floor' you look around, seeing strange obelisk-like structures that seemed to appear and disappear at will, heck, one of them appeared right behind you, and before you can even react it was just... gone. The demon seems completely umphased by all of this and a few moments later it stops, reach out with it's clawed hand towards a solitary yellow streak traveling through the darkness around that you didn't notice the first time you were transported here. It mutters a few words and suddenly the line makes a sharp turn towards you, reaching your location in just a few seconds. For a split moment you feel as if you don't have a body anymore as a bright turqoise light engulfs both of you until you find yourself standing on a dusty yellow ground. A sudden sense of confusion grips your head and you don't even notice as Hazrafol glides towards you until it places it's hand on your left leg, trailing the damage it has done earlier with a finger.
"Well, well, I had no idea it would be so easy..." the imp mutters to itself as a green glow appears at the tip of it's claw, completely healing your leg. It doesn't seem to be done though, because immediately after you see tiny bright green lines forming themselves on where the damage used to be, creating a rune you don't recognize. After that is over, the demon backs off, grinning. You also feel a pressence at the back of your mind now.

---
Neutral:

Hazrafol
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
---
Allies:

Daxon (Unavailable)
---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

You curse your accursed vessel and it's cursed weakness before starting to shout at the bats, to which they reply with a loud screech. After getting that out of your system, you take a swing at them with your sword.

(Nayrous: 4 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 1 - 1 - 1 = 10 vs 9 = 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 Dodge Zoid Bat #1)
(Nayrous: 2 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 1 - 1 - 1 = 8 vs 9 = 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 Dodge Zoid Bat #2)

You manage to hit the first one, making a considerable wound on it's chest. It falls down on the ground, limp. Unfortunately, your next attack narrowly misses the next bat, and they all fly down towards you but Rhunon manages to loose two more arrows towards the group.

(Rhunon: 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 4 - 1 - 1 = 4 vs 10 = 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 3 Dodge Zoid Bat #2)
(Rhunon: 6 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 1 - 4 - 1 - 1 = 9 vs 8 = 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 Dodge Zoid Bat #2)

The second bat barely amanges to get out of the way of the first arrow, but the second impacts it it's chest, killing it off. The other ones try to bite you angrily and the last one divebombs while you're retreating towards the end of the path...

(Zoid Bat #3: 2 + 2 - 1 - 1 = 2 vs 6 = 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 Parry Nayrous)
(Zoid Bat #4: 6 + 2 - 1 - 1 = 6 vs 9 = 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 5 Parry Nayrous)
(Zoid Bat #5: 1 + 2 + 3 - 1 = 5 vs 8 = 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 4 Parry Nayrous) {2/2 Self injury triggered}

But you manage to block off all of their attacks with your broadsword. You hasten your pace and finally reach your elf partner.

---
Enemies:

Zoid Bat x 3
---
Allies:

Rhunon

WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

For some reason you decide to not be a good and adventurer and not loot the corpses of the lizardmen for items, so Nez'gol is left with all of it choose from. He takes the chestpiece, the iron shield and the red bracers, equipping the first two and storing the later in his inventory. After that is over with, you both cross the bridge, going through a spiderweb dangling in the wind along the way, until you reach a large clearing, stretching as far you can see, littered with small ponds or random trees sprouting from the ground. You can see that some of them have some kind of fruits, while others had some relatively big flowers with orange petals or mushrooms of varying colors. The air around you is humid and you are unable to see anything hostile around, except if you want to pick a fight with the birds or a snake.
"Huh, I am no expert in herbs and the such, but those flowers are said to be pretty rare." your companion observes while catching a mosquito and eating it.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Nez'gol
---

Rethi-Eli

Mercenary 4

"Well, it looks like a normal healing potion to me." Vanina replies as you inspect the bottle lying on the ground. You quickly notice that she's correct, considering that the liquid looks exactly the same as the healing potion you have in your inventory, so you take it. After that, you turb your attention towards the other object, which turns out to be an ornate bottle with silver drawings etched into the glass containing a golden liquid that seemed to emit a light of it's own. The girl stares at it in disbelief for a few seconds before taking a step towards the tree. "I... I'll go get it for you." she says before walking the rest of the way to the trunk.

(Roll to climb {AGI}: 9 + 1 = 10)

She goes up from branch to branch in easy, fluid motions, making it seems like nothing more than child's play. Not even half a minute passes and you partner is back on the ground, holding the potion. "Here you go." she says simply, handing it over to you. Seeing as there was nothing left for you to do here, you go back through the opening and into the cave containing the rotting corpses of the basilisk and the anaconda. You can also hear a low rumbling sound coming from below you.
--
Enemies:

--
Alllies:

Vanina

--
Chrose

Empire 1

"If you accept, then you shall undergo a... let's call it a rite of passage in order to be accepted into the group. Wendala will guide you through it." Uba replies, his eyes now focused on you. "As for your friends, I allow them to stay with you." he adds while Carola leans towards you.
"I hope you do not plan to stay around for too long, the preliminaries of the tournament will begin in two weeks." she whispers before immediately jerking back as the lord gave her a glare, which she returned in kind.
"Anyway, the rite will only begin tomorrow morning, so you can go do whatever you wish. Except for leaving, of course." he says, dismissin you with a wave of hand. Wendala sighs and turns towards you.
"If you have questions, ask Baldur, the guy in fluffy green coat next to Uba." she says before going past a hooded figure you noticed just now and climbing up a set of stone stairs in the far left end of the room.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Fenrir

Carola
---

Crimson

Empire 2

"Well, I suppose that history continues to exist into the present through the consequences of the actions of the past, shaping the world we live in." Brussian replied after a minute of thinking, his voice distant. "The reason we record our history is so we can learn from the mistakes of our ancestors and the actions that led up to them. Since our memory is fickle and it can twist some of the details or even purge them, we write the past down on paper so that it would... remember it for us." it adds after more thinking, sounding puzzled, and nearly hitting a low branch, managing to duck in the last second. The werewolf seems startled for a moment before continuing down the winding path through the trees. In the mean time, Saraquel was following quietly just behind you. "Could you tell me more about your kind?" Brussian suddenly asks after some time of walking in silence.
---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Saraqael
--

_DivideByZero_

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile

Pick them! I have gloves after all. Right?
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

Try to ascertain what the presence is.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"You... forget?" It took Cyfraith a while to process that.

"Losing the past... losing your history... you can just... become something now?" she looked as shocked as her fake facial expressions allowed her, which turned out to be fairly realistic.
"I suppose we are a kind that never changes... not until I came along, at least."

"The others in my world, they feared that the world would change them, that by subjecting themselves to the forces of this world, those forces would change them, change who they are. As did I, for a time."

"But now I know better. I believe that through the world we establish the self. Does that make sense? I hardly had a body like I do now... none of us did. We were like unbound spirits, drifting in unison through an endless fabric. Featureless, as was our world. It was just a mist, where nothing new really took form. And because of that we accomplished nothing. All we did was believe, but belief alone, without works... might as well be death."

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Sorry guys. Looks like we're stuck here for now."

Tell that to the two. Ask them if they know anything about the Blood Assassins. After that, go ahead and ask the guy named Baldur if there's a place where we can rest. Also maybe ask for some slight help in treating our wounds.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

Nayrous casts Saaris touch and throws another arc at the bat.

"Fade to black!"
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 06:52:31 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Chrose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"What's that?"

Approach the source of the rumbling sound with your sword raised.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 12:19:41 pm by Chrose »
Arclight
Estratia
Horror Time
Illysia
Path of the Old Gods
Hellfire

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 36) Roll to dodge: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open*
« Reply #295 on: April 14, 2017, 12:50:18 pm »

Roll 36
----
I apologize for the delay, but I've been waiting for chrose's action. (I would've posted the roll tonight even if he hadn't posted, of course)
--
On a side note, I just started my Easter holidays, so I should be able to post daily from now on.

Mercenary 1

You shut out the distractions of the world you find yourself in and focus on the presence you feel inside your mind. It appears to be formed of only blurred out memories and distant emotions, as if blocked by some kind of barrier. Although, as you continue inspecting them, you manage to trace a faint magical link coming from the green rune on your leg and going towards Hazrafol's small spiked head. You see that it stopped grinning and instead was thinking about something until a flash of yellow and purple blinded both of you. As you regain your senses, you notice a tall black obelisk, much like the ones you saw earlier before the imp teleported you... here. This one, though, does not disappear, so you can take a good look at it, taking note of the numerous symbols and runes etched into it.
"I thought that I already told you not to disturb me, imp." some of the runes on the structure released what appeared to be a gaseous material which quickly gathered together and formed a tall demon. His skin was purple and was covered in garments that looked like they were made from the scales of an animal with two skulls acting as shoulderpads. Two large onyx black horns adorned his head and in his right hand held a thick blade curved into a crescent shape with no handle.
"Oh, but this is important, o' Corrupter. This... bone-head can explain his needs." the little demon replies with a slight shudder. At it's words, the warlock turns his amber yellow eyes towards you, beckoning you to speak.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Daxon (Unavailable)

Hazrafol
---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

"Come on, let's get out of here!" Rhunon says towards you, looking as if he was ready to collapse at any second. You ignore his words, though, and instead mend the rest of the damage left with Saaris' Touch and then swing your broadsword in an arc towards the bats. (+2 health)

(Nayrous: 2 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 9 vs 10 = 1 - 1 - 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 5 Dodge Zoid Bat #5)

Despite the it's injury from it's reckless attack from earlier, the bat still narrowly manages to dodge your swing. With the corner of your 'eye' you notice Rhunon limping through the opening behind you and into the next room as the three bats once again attack you.

(Rhunon: 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 - 4 - 1 - 1 = 4 vs 10 = 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 3 Dodge Zoid Bat #2)
(Rhunon: 6 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 1 - 4 - 1 - 1 = 9 vs 8 = 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 Dodge Zoid Bat #2)

The second bat barely amanges to get out of the way of the first arrow, but the second impacts it it's chest, killing it off. The other ones try to bite you angrily and the last one divebombs while you're retreating towards the end of the path...

(Zoid Bat #3: 1 + 2 + 3 - 1 = 5 vs 6 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 Parry Nayrous) {2/2 Self injury triggered}
(Zoid Bat #4: 4 + 2 + 3 - 1 = 8 vs 11 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 6 Parry Nayrous) {1/2}
(Zoid Bat #5: 5 + 2 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 = 3 vs 9 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 4 Parry Nayrous)

Yet once again you manage to parry all of their attacks. Right after that, you notice that your armor has faded into nothingness once again.

---
Enemies:

Zoid Bat #3

Zoid Bat #4

Zoid Bat #5
---
Allies:

Rhunon

WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

Despite not having any space left whatsoever in your inventory, you decide to gather some of everything regardless. Nez'gol decides to help you with the mushrooms while you go and get a bunch of flowers growing at the base of a tree and then taking a few small squishy deep blue fruits. You both gather all that in a small pile on the ground. As you lay down the fruits and flowers there with the grey mushrooms with dark red dots, your partner takes one and inspects it for a second.
"Huh. This is korum. We use it's juice to make the paint for the elemental symbols on our chests." he explains, putting it down. "I could use it to make a symbol for your element, which would empower your magic. If you want, that is." he adds.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Nez'gol
---

Rethi-Eli

Mercenary 4

"Uh, I think it's something below us." Vanina observes as you try to do... something involving swords. Anyway, you just stand there while the girl runs towards the hallway you first came from. She gives you a worried glance and motions for you to follow her, but before you can do anything an enormous hydra with light purple scales and only one head emerges from the ground in the middle of the room. It doesn't attack immediately though, looking surprised by your pressence. Meanwhile, your partner looked ready to run away into the tunnel without you.
--
Enemies:

--
Alllies:

Vanina

--
Chrose

Empire 1

"Never heard of them." Fenrir replies and Carola only shrugs as she seemed to be concentrating on something. After a moment, she starts chanting a spell that seems much like her healing ability, although it affects all three of you. You watch as your wound disappears while a pleasant cool washes away your pain.
"It's a spell I've been working on for some time." she explains, leaning against a collumn, suddenly looking tired. "I never used it until now because it takes too long to cast in combat. Not to mention leaving me fatigued for a few seconds." she adds, taking a nervous glance around. Anyway, you walk towards Baldur, who was the only one left beside the three of you and two hooded people, Uba the and woman in dress having left through a door at the end of the room.
"Ah yes, I am afraid you have not been assigned a room in the castle yet, so you shall have to rest in the public area." the man answered in a cold formal tone, gesturing towards a wood door on the right side of the room. "You can also trade for new equipment or supplies if you need." he added, pointing towards the stairs at the far left upper corner where Wendala went.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Fenrir

Carola
---

Crimson

Empire 2

"So, your world was stagnant. Very intriguing." Brussian replied, looking lost in thought as he mulled over what you said. Ten minutes later your arrive to a clearing between the trees where the werewolf brushes aside a bunch of dead leaves and twigs, revealing a medium-sized hole.
"Wait here." it says before slipping inside for about a minute and finally returning with an old brown book covered in dirt and a brown bag. The canine then gives you the book as Saraqael settles next to you, watching curiously. "A druid gave me this book as a gift when I helped him cure his own disease." it explains with a small smile. "I read it one time and I know that there's something about curing my condition. Just search the index."

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Saraqael
--

_DivideByZero_

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 36) Roll to manipulate: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open*
« Reply #296 on: April 14, 2017, 05:05:17 pm »

"Name's Nix. Who the hell are you?"

Try and subtly scratch/rub off the green rune on my leg whilst waiting for the Warlock's answer.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 36) Roll to manipulate: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open*
« Reply #297 on: April 15, 2017, 02:49:35 am »

"So, your world was stagnant. Very intriguing." Brussian replied, looking lost in thought as he mulled over what you said. Ten minutes later your arrive to a clearing between the trees where the werewolf brushes aside a bunch of dead leaves and twigs, revealing a medium-sized hole.
"Wait here." it says before slipping inside for about a minute and finally returning with an old brown book covered in dirt and a brown bag. The canine then gives you the book as Saraqael settles next to you, watching curiously. "A druid gave me this book as a gift when I helped him cure his own disease." it explains with a small smile. "I read it one time and I know that there's something about curing my condition. Just search the index."

Cyfraith places her hand on the book cover, causing the pages to lose their weight and the book to open on its own, spreading its pages like a fan. She then navigates to the index, and tries to make sense of the characters.

I wonder how the magic of this realm will look...

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 36) Roll to manipulate others: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open*
« Reply #298 on: April 16, 2017, 09:50:47 am »

First is to check out the public area. After that, head up and see what they have for trading.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 36) Roll to manipulate others: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open*
« Reply #299 on: April 16, 2017, 10:02:24 am »

yes pls
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 34