Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 34

Author Topic: (Abandoned) (Roll 61) Roll to dodge: Estratia  (Read 40802 times)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 36) Roll to manipulate others: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open*
« Reply #300 on: April 16, 2017, 01:01:21 pm »

Without the armor and it's accompanying ardor, Nayrous feels less inclined to pursue the extinction of the zoid bat species.

He'll settle for less: survival.

Flee the cave, fire a shadow blast back at the bats.

Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Chrose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 36) Roll to manipulate others: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open*
« Reply #301 on: April 18, 2017, 12:31:24 pm »

"This way!"

Run through the west path.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 12:41:53 pm by Chrose »
Arclight
Estratia
Horror Time
Illysia
Path of the Old Gods
Hellfire

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 37) Roll to dodge: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open*
« Reply #302 on: April 19, 2017, 06:52:58 pm »

Roll 37
----
Well, all the celebrations and visits are over. I hope everyone had a nice Easter.

Mercenary 1

Before you can finish your sentence, you notice a green aura envelop you as you try to scratch off the green rune to no avail and feel an invisible force gripping every bone that formed your body and pulling you up from the ground a few inches. Your head is then forced to look directly at the warlock's eyes, which were now filled with a mix of anger and disgust.
"It is very daring of you to speak to me like that, frail undead." he says in a calm tone, despite the emotions running through him. "You shall adress me as the Corruptor from now on, and if you fail to show proper respect then I shall take great pleasure in hearing the sound of your bones being crushed under my heel." the demon adds, maintaining his cold expression. Meanwhile, Hazrafol seems to be reading the symbols on the green mask you're wearing.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Daxon (Unavailable)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hazrafol
---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

You make the wise decision of retreating into the opening where Rhunon went while firing a single shadow blast towards the bats who are trying to chase you inside. Of course, you switch your broadsword for your rod first.

(Nayrous: 5 + 1 + 1 = 7 vs 8 = 1 - 1 - 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 3 Dodge Zoid Bat #3)

Your spell is slightly off though and misses your target, but instead it hits the upper edge of the opening...

(Nayrous: 2 + 1 + 1 = 4 vs 8 = 1 - 1 - 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 3 Dodge Zoid Bat #3)
(Nayrous: 2 + 1 + 1 = 4 vs 11 = 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 4 Dodge Zoid Bat #4)
(Nayrous: 6 + 1 + 1 = 8 vs 8 = 1 - 1 - 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 3 Dodge Zoid Bat #5)

All three of them manage to get clear of the blast, but it also causes the tunnel you find yourself in to collapse, trapping you in complete darkness. On the bright side, at least the bats can't get to you now.
"H-hey, are you okay...?" you hear the elf's voice coming from not very far away. You follow it and bump into something on the floor. On closer inspection, it turns out that it's your companion, most probably unconscious.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Rhunon

WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

"Alright, but I'll need more in order to make all the runes. Also, we require an ingredient which color represents your element." Nez'gol replies after thinking for a moment. "Which brings me to the question: what is your element? I don't recall you using any elemental skills since we met." he then asks after taking all the korum from the pile and placing them in his inventory.
---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Nez'gol
---

Rethi-Eli

Mercenary 4

You run in the west direction, going headstrong right into the wall at the west part of the room you find yourself in. You stumble backwards a wave of pain washes through your head, nearly fallin on the ground as Vanina stares at you, her jaw nearly touching the floor. Because of your movements the Hydra takes notice of you and lunges, aiming to swallow you whole.

(Roll to run awaaaayyy: 10)

But just before it can get too near, you manage to sprint at inhuman speed across the room and avoiding the reptile altogether. After getting next to her, the girl grabs your hand and runs back through the tunnel you came from and takes the last path, leading you outside the cave and to a long wooden bridge going across to a higher part of the mountain.
"Oh no..." your companion stops you from going across, pointing towards a large creature standing in the middle of the bridge. It looks like a mountain troll holding a wooden club that could snap your body like a stick. To make things worse, you hear the roar of the hydra coming from behind you. A quick glance around reveals a rock formation to your left.
--
Enemies:

--
Alllies:

Vanina

--
Chrose

Empire 1

You decide to go through the door to your right to see where you will sleep. Inside is a long, simple room with numerous beds lined up against the wall, some having simple furniture next to them. A few candles emitting bright yellow light sat on the drawers and on the far left side you could see that all the space had been cleared out for a square table with chairs. There were a few orcs and even humans either sitting at the table or chatting in a corner. Anyway, you leave for now and decide to go up the stairs where Wendala went leading you into a small, dark room filled with stands where pieces of equipment, weapons and even a full set of armor were put on display. There is also an orc, green this time, standing behind a wooden counter and another set if stairs at the other side of the room leading up. There is no sight of Wendala anywhere.
"Well, are y'all three going to stare around or actually buy something?" he asks, sounding slightly irritated.

Shop list:

Carola
---

Crimson

Empire 2

You use your magic in order to flip through the pages of the book in a neat fashion. Brussian seems alerted by this for a few seconds before realizing that it was just you.

(Roll to... read? 1 + 2 = 3)

You try your best to make sense of the contents of the book, but it takes you quite some time to grasp the meaning of even the simplest words. After about an hour you finally manage to navigate through the index and find the topic about werewolves, giving up on trying to learn anything else from the book. It mainly talks about how werewolves behave and how they can create more of themselves by infecting other people with a bite or by simply breeding. Apparently they have their own language and most of them refuse to learn, or re-learn in the case of those who were transformed, any other language. Their societies and ranks are based on both power and breed, with the born werewolves being at the top while the transformed ones, 'hybrids' as they are called, have to prove themselves in various ways before being accepted into a position in the pack. A druid who spoke to a werewolf leader revealed that they are refraining from infecting and transforming other races because they think that breeding with the resulting hybrids weakens their bloodlines and their race as a whole. There are a few ways of incapacitating a werewolf which mainly revolve in overstimulating their acute senses. A loud, high-pitched sound will confuse and even incapacitate them for a few moments, for example. As for curing a transformed werewolf, a simple curing spell would stop the process. In case of a fully transformed individual, a special concoction will be needed along with an adept Nature user to infuse it with the following spell.

It takes you about two more hours to read all this and memorize the spell, during which Saraqael ran into the forest to hunt and then returned licking his muzzle of blood just as you were finishing. All this time Brussian was listening patiently.
"I know a place from where we can get the ingredients needed, although it's not quite safe." it says after yauning for a moment and getting up from the sitting position. "You can accompany me if you want, or continue reading the book." the canine added with a shrug that came off slightly as slightly weird.
---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Saraqael
--

_DivideByZero_

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile

To be honest, I've never really had an elemental affiliation as far as I know.

Also, do you know where I could get a satchel or something of the like so I may carry more accoutrements?

Continue towards the Wonder Marsh.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile

(Indeed!)

"What... kind of ingredients are these? Fragments of living beings?
Those would seem trivial to get, I suppose."

Cyfraith shuts the book. "The meaning of this book is masked by the imprecision of words. I will accompany you."
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't have any money right now but I'd like a stronger weapon. See if I can trade all the shortswords and a dai-katana for the Ackbuk Dai-katana. Add the chainmail coat and a sparkcrystal powder if the items I have are not enough.

If that's still not enough, then just trade two or three shortswords for an iron coif and equip that.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

"Alright then, Corruptor. Respectfully, what exactly are you?"
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Chrose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Miss Vanina, it has been brought to my attention that we seem to be in quite a pinch, with a gigantic one-headed scaled beast eager to tear us to smithereens and a mountain troll blocking our escape route. It would be unwise to engage any of them in combat in our current situation.", Sir Geralt stated to Miss Vanina.

He pondered over the choices they had, before noticing a rock formation nearby. "Hmm, it may be somewhat cowardly to hide, but as it is our only chance of survival seems to be doing exactly that. Let us make haste towards the rock formation to my left and keep our heads down, so that we may avoid confronting the Hydra. Would you happen to have any objections?" Geralt asked the frightened maiden.

He suddenly felt a sharp pain on his body, and winced in pain. "Gee Jolly! Those reptiles in the cave sure did a number on me. Please excuse me while I consume my healing potion to help alleviate the pain."

Firstly, run to the nearby rock formation on Geralt's left with Vanina, and hide at the rock formation so as to avoid being detected by the approaching Hydra. While remaining hidden, safely consume the contents of one of Geralt's healing potion to improve his condition.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 01:32:57 pm by Chrose »
Arclight
Estratia
Horror Time
Illysia
Path of the Old Gods
Hellfire

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile

Nayrous searches for an exit with his glowing eyes. If I find one pull Rhunon through.

"I suppose this is the natural consequence of using dark magic. Darkness."
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 12:30:31 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile

Roll 38
----
So, there has been a succesion of events (including two file corruptions) that delayed my post until now. Sorry, and hopefully it will never happen again. Anyway, let's roll.
--

Mercenary 1

The demon rolls his glowing eyes at this before saying a single word, which you don't quite get. Almost immediately the invisible force disappears along with the green aura, and you fall on your back.
"I am Doma the Corruptor, a Fu'hin'Il. And if you were wondering, you are currently in a dimension created by me." he explains after you recover from the fall. Irritation flashes through his eyes for a split second, probably due to the fact that your mask dettered his fiery glare. "Now, tell me, why are you here and..." his head snaps towards the imp beside you "Why did you bring this skeleton here?" the warlock asks.
"W-well, I sensed a distortion in the main Realm, so I went there and saw him standing around." Hazrafol explained, trying to avoid Doma's gaze. "We fought for a bit, but it was going nowhere so I decided to ask the bonehe- erm, I mean Nix, what he was doing here. He said that he got teleported by some cursed chest and now wants to return to his world, so I brought him here." it adds, with a slight smirk at the end.
"Oh, really now? And why exactly should I waste my energy with transporting this one to another dimension?" the demon turns towards you now, gripping his strange weapon "Why should I not simply destroy your frail shell and devour your soul instead?" he asks. You hear a tinge of amusement in his tone, despite his words.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Daxon (Unavailable)

Hazrafol
---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

The glow of your eyes emits some light centered towards where you're looking, although it's hard to distinguish anything due to the fact that it's faint. Not to mention that it would've been better if it was a brighter color such as yellow or red instead of purple. Anyway, you don't see any branching paths so you carry on until you find a tunnel leading up. It's big enough for you to walk normally, so you go a few steps back, pick up Rhunon's unconscious body and go through. (STR: -1)

Thirty minutes later...

After quite some time of carrying and pulling the elf up the path, you finally manage to reach the end marked by a opening leading... right back in the cavern where you started. You dully note the corpses of the two millipuves you killed in here before trudging on towards the way where you first entered. You lift up your comrade's body and throw him through the upper opening left by the tree log still blocking the entrance and finally slip through it yourself.

(Roll for success {AGI}: 1)

You don't time your jump quite right and instead hit the tree bark head on, landing a nasty concussion on your skull. Nevertheless, you rise up and try again.

(Roll for success {AGI}: 7 - 2 = 5)

You just manage to get through this time, landing just beside Rhunon. The light outside blinds your vision for a few moments, and just now you realize how exhausted you are from all the pulling you did. It's not exactly as a human would experience it, you simply feel that your soul needs to replenish it's energy that it used to exert your body like that.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Rhunon

WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

"Well, then I suppose we will pick whichever is most convenient. I think I saw you gather some crimson oranges when we first met, do you still have any?" Nez'gol replies, scratching his head. "And you can buy a satchel or even a backpack at a potion store. Some armourers sell them too." he adds, looking at you with his reptilian eyes. During the conversation, you move deeper into the marsh, since you're already in the Wonder Marsh, as your friend hurries to pick up what you've gathered so far before hurrying after you. As you walk you notice your boots sunk deeper into the wet ground and soon you come across a thin river flowing from north-west straight towards south-east. A quick glance around reveals quite a few more short trees and vegetation growing around, although none of it looks particularly interesting. What catches your eye though is a massive spider web growing from between the branches of two trees. It's only logical to assume that a large spider lives there, but at least it doesn't seem to be 'home' right now. Anyway, it seems that you'll have to look around some more in order to find more berries.
---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Nez'gol
---

Rethi-Eli

Mercenary 4

Vanina stares at you wide-eyed as you give your speech about what is happening right now before shaking her head and girps her staff with both hands, taking a deep breath. Meanwhile, you take cover.
"Actually, I have a better idea." was the only reply she gives you before pointing her weapon towards the upper part of the opening you just came out of.

(Roll to cast new spell {INT}: 7 + 1 = 8 )

A few moments later a large, yellow fireball materializes in front of her and immediately flies into the cave, impacting the ceiling with a deafening sound. Rocks and dirt start collapsing and soon the exit is completely sealed. "I suppose we're not leaving that way. Oh well." the girl observes before hiding next to you behind the rock formation. It seems that the sound of the explosion has attracted the troll's attention, and it's now coming towards you.
--
Enemies:

--
Alllies:

Vanina

--
Chrose

Empire 1

"So, you killed the guys our master sent after you and now you're giving back the shortswords I made for them." the orc says with a small grin when you show him the swords. "Just kiddin'. I'm giving you 50 gold pieces for each shortsword and 75 for the dai-katana." he quickly adds. Unfortunately, that's not enough for the weapon you want, so you have to sell the chainmail coat for 90 gold too. You then procceed to buy the Ackbuk Dai-katana and equip it in place of the dai-katana you just sold and you're left with just 20 gold pieces which you place in your now empty bag.
"Anything else?" the shopkeeper asks. Carola glances towards you before shaking her head while Fenrir only shrugs.

Shop list:
---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Fenrir

Carola
---

Crimson

Empire 2

"Or perhaps you just need to learn how to read." Brussian replies with a chuckle, which came off as an interrupted growl, before taking the book from your hand and placing it back inside his cave. "Anyway, you know that just before we met I was talking to another werewolf with blue hair." it started, it's tone now serious. "He claimed that he knew how to make the potion and where to get the ingredients, but he needed someone to infuse the potion first. That would be you, of course." the canine continued. "Now, all we need to do is track that werewolf and get him to make the potion for me. Just follow me." it finished before springing on his feet and running into the woods on all fours, holding the brown bag in his mouth. You quickly follow after him with Saraqael right beside you. For while you follow a narrow path going north-east until it suddenly cuts off at a river. The water looks rather deep and the only stones protruding the surface are too small and slippery for anyone to jump to. The werewolf seems ready to make a big leap to the water side before suddenly stopping and turning towards you, a concerned expression on it's face. You seem to be getting better at 'reading' it. "Do you think you can make it across?" it asks, eyeing the wood logs tied behind your back with your wire.
---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Saraqael
--

_DivideByZero_
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 02:40:34 pm by Neoexdeath »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 38) Roll to blow up a cave: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open*
« Reply #310 on: April 26, 2017, 05:52:12 pm »

"I'm a mercenary. Unlife for me is going around doing things for people willing to pay, and right now, I need a way home. Any problem you have, you have an extra sword at your command."

((Interdimensional networking ftw))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 26, 2017, 06:09:20 pm »

"A better question is, can you?"

Cyfraith sends knives on their course to the treetops on the other side, and tugs on them to make the line taught. She then casts Tempest, sending her flying, while retracting the wire to ensure she reaches her destination.

"I am rather mobile,"

She starts to feel wary toward the lone wolf. No doubt he seemed sincere by his outward appearance... but given her new revelations about the nature of the realm, she had to ask herself: what is permanent? Are promises permanent?
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 26, 2017, 09:44:14 pm »

Create red runes, return to the lizardman town and attempt to sell my cane and runed cloak. Buy a satchel with the proceeds.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 27, 2017, 10:06:59 am »

"No. That's all."

Head back to the public area and perhaps take a rest. It's been a long day after all and I bet Carola and Fenrir are tired as well, especially the former after using her magic a few moments ago.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 28, 2017, 12:57:14 pm »

"Gratia." Nayrous says, resting.

When recovered take Rhunon to the village for aid.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 34