Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 34

Author Topic: (Abandoned) (Roll 61) Roll to dodge: Estratia  (Read 40778 times)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 42) Roll to get smashed with memes: Estratia (Waitlist Open)
« Reply #345 on: July 25, 2017, 12:10:01 am »

"A fleshless avian. Alis rasa erit a morte: emptied of their life, it is something that I can understand. My name is Nayrous,"

Nayrous motions to the creature,

"Join me." He waits a little while, casting Saaris' Touch on himself, before waking Rhunon and heading to collect his profits from his endeavor.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 29, 2017, 08:45:02 am »

Alright, so I've been sitting with the roll done waiting for Crimson's post for about three days now. If he (yes I just assumed their gender) doesn't post until tomorrow night I'll skip their action and post the roll then.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 30, 2017, 09:44:40 am »

Seriously sorry for being this late.

"How long will the initiation take?"

Deep breaths before the start. Although I don't know what will happen in the initiation, being nervous won't help. Make sure that everyone is ready as well.

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 43) Roll to dodge: Estratia (Waitlist Open)
« Reply #348 on: July 31, 2017, 05:59:56 pm »

Roll 43
----
@_DivideByZero_ Dang, I always forget to update the cooldowns. Well, Gust Booster was already ready when you used it, and Tempest should be on cooldown.
--
@Crimson No problem. I simply didn't want to keep the others waiting. Also, I'm sorry if I came off as rude.
--
@Rethi-Eli Heh, indeed. Poor Chrosean...

Mercenary 1

For some reason you decide to completely ignore the second red chest and the jar, despite having triggered the trapped one already. Well, anyway, you exit the Hall of Ceremonies through the stairs, get out of the room where you fought the Gazer and the lamias, whose bloodied corpses were still littering the yellow brick floor, and arrive back in the central room with the ornamented carpet. Of course, you remember to not step on it. Wouldn't want to get sent to Hell again, right?

Anyway, you caught no sight of Daxon so far, and since the chances of finding him in the places where you've already explored is low, you're left with just one option: go up to the second floor of the pyramid. So, you carefully make your way to the stairs and begin climbing up. This takes you a few minutes, but fortunately you are a skeleton and thus can't really feel fatigue or exertion, and soon you arrive to a large room covered with a bright red carpet. Unlike the other one, this was much more simple, completely lacking any interesting features apart for a golden thread sewn around the edges. Anyway, the first thing you notice is the dead body of a Nereid, resembling the one you fought earlier but having a darker skin color, probably the work of your partner. Finally, a quick glance around reveals four ways you can go: two large hallways, one going east, another going south, a small corridor with pleasant looking cream and orange slabs covering the floor towards the west and finally, there was a strange cyan flame burning in a cauldron a little ways off towards the north.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Daxon (??)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

(Roll to persuade: 10)
The undead does not respond immediately, looking like it was contemplating your offer, although it was rather hard to tell in the darkness. Nevertheless, you notice that what it had wasn't fur, but rather flakes and a few small feathers scattered there and there giving it's body a rotund shape. Not to mention that it's legs were that of an avian, both having three taloned fingers at the end. Instead of just staring at it, though, you decide to do something useful and cast Saaris' Touch on yourself, fully healing your skull and leaving no traces of you hitting your head in a fallen tree's trunk. (+2 health)

As you finish, it suddenly jumps on it's feet and then flaps it's tattered wings, boosting just above your heigh. It then glides a little and finally perches on top of your cranium, a small, happy chirp escaping it's beak, which seemed to be in better condition than the rest of the body. This seems to be an affirmative answer to your question, so you walk off towards Rhunon. Fortunately, he wasn't sleeping deeply yet, since a small shake on the shoulder is enough to wake him up. The elf blinks a few times, confused, before looking over you, his gaze resting upon the creature.
"What did you do..?" he asks, looking on the verge of laugher.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Rhunon

??
--
WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

You wonder about where Nez'gol could've went, but come up with no answer for that. Why would he leave all of a sudden..? Well, you decide to find out from the lizard-man himself, so you set off on the way back to their village. Although, you soon come to realize that you don't know your way back anymore, or even how to get out of the Marshes, and the map of the area was on your partner. You end up wandering aimlessly through the bushes, with no sense of direction whatsoever.

A few minutes pass, and a screech coming from your left makes you stop on your tracks. One moment later a small chick with an odd combination of orange and blue feathers jumps out of the nearby foliage. He seems to somehow recognize you, because immediately after seeing you he jumps straight in your hands, looking clearly scared. You don't have time to think about what just happened though, because soon after four lizards follow, two green and two a deep shade of blue. They all proceed to circle you, baring you any way of escape before slowly closing in while hissing menacingly.

---
Enemies:

Mature emerald basilisk x2

Mature blue Bassilisk x2

---
Allies:

Nez'gol (??)
---

Rethi-Eli

Empire 1

"Well, that entirely depends upon you, but..." Wendala trails off for a second, earning an impatient huff from Ezzergal. "If you want my estimation, then all in all it should take about half a day." she finishes, turning towards the crystal. "Well then, let's get this over with." you hear her mumble to herself before starting a long string of incantations. Not a moment passes and the crystal starts pulsing with a teal light, it's glow growing stronger and stronger to the point it was blinding, forcing you to close your eyes.

You are not sure what happened after that, except feeling that the earth itself disappeared from your feet, leaving you stranded in an endless void for a few seconds, then you are suddenly sitting on solid ground again. You experimentally open your eyes and look around, quickly realizing that you were in a completely different place now. You, and everyone else, were standing on a broad stone bridge, with other ones being connected or sepparated by varrying gaps. Strangely enough, the floor seemed to be covered with seemingly endless streams of patterns sculpted into a pink-ish rock, different from the rest of the bridge. The very next thing that comes to your mind is what was around the bridge, or the lack thereof. Apart from a few square tower tops, which it looked like you could jump at, a few plants and some moss clinging to the stones and a black speck in the horizon there was absolutely nothing but a brown mist. Your see a mix of shock and fear in Fenrir's expression, while Carola was staring into the distance in awe.
"Alright, this is the trial that will decide whether you are worthy of becoming a Blood Assassin or not." the woman's voice wakes your friends from their reverie. "As you can already see, the Elevated Castle is made of paths hanging over a deep void. You won't only need power to defeat your enemies, but also a great sense of balance and risk to make your way through." she preaches, her tone bearing hints of pity and anticipation. Probably because she had to go through all this herself, at some point.
"Anyway, just make your way north to the Bloodlust cave for now. A person there will give you more instructions." the assassin then explains before turning around and jumping into the mist before saying anything. The minotaur stays where he is, though, watching you with an uncaring expression. Nevertheless, you start looking around for paths which you could take. You can go forward, which would be north, try to jump across the tower roofs' to reach a blue chest or jump to another bridge going east.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Fenrir

Carola
---

Crimson

Empire 2

You attempt to reach the Magicka Energyzer in your inventory, but unfortunately you're still being restrained by the chains and can't really move. You curse your lack of offense options at the moment, deciding to depend on Saraqael on that front and use Gust Booster to help in his assault. Unfortunately, you maybe should've told him what you were about to do first, because the sudden rush of wind while he was rearing for another jump basically throws him into the demon, surprising both of them...

(Saraqael: 6 + 2 = 8 vs 6 = 2 + 4 Null Demon)

This bodyslam attack connects, the enemy being clearly too shocked by all of this to even attempt to dodge. Both him and your puppy are sent straigth to the ground, although the latter seems mostly unharmed, fortunately. Although, you don't have time to celebrate yet, because the hellspawn pushes your partner aside and gets up, lighting up a yellow flame atop his staff. It's light shines upon his face, and you are finally able to discern his features: two sharp, green eyes staring through you, small, blood seeping from two dark red lips, holes where the ears should be and a distinct lack of facial hair. His robe had a vast amount of golden runes and patterns sewn into it, covering most of his body. Strangely enough, he seemed rather frail physically, but that could be dismissed as just an illusion. What was most peculiar was his expression: he looked torn between confusion, pain and... fear?

You don't have time to contemplate what you saw, because all of a sudden Brussian erupts from some nearby bushes, teeth bared and razor claws ready to shred something to pieces. It glances at you and Saraqael before snarling at him, looking like the werewolf could rush at the hell mage any second. The xerberus also gets back on his feet, moving between you and him.
"Hmpf." was the only thing he says before throwing the flame to the ground, which explodes and throws smoke everywhere. As it clears, the demon is nowhere to be seen, and soon after that the chains restraining you disappear.
"Are you alright?" the canine asks, turning it's attention towards you.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Saraqael
--

_DivideByZero_

Order 1

You quickly decide to take the stairs up to the command center, thinking that you won't have to sit around here if you go on a mission. Which was quite a good point. Anyway, you make your way through the bleak hallway, going left from your room and then left again at the intersection, while ignoring the other members that were loitering around or sitting in their room. Finally reaching the stairs, you climb up to the third floor then go straight forward until you reach your destination: a well kept and expensive looking wood door leading into the command center.

Inside, you are greeted by many glowing orbs of different colors, lighting up a mild-sized room, most of them floating around the ceiling. In the middle there was a large desk, carved with many decorative drawings with many papers and manuscripts strewn around it. There, on a tall chair sat one of the Order's most powerful mages, Enjigar, elf. You notice a blue-scaled lizardman talking to him about something, although the mage notices you and beckons you to come.
"Ah, it seems that we found your mission partner, chaplain." he comments towards the lizardman, a smile flashing on his face before returning to his stern self. The other one sizes you up, narrowing his reptillian eyes.
"An acolyte, Archbishop? I'm not questioning your decision, but..." he finally says, but is interrupted by the elf.
"I am sure he can pull his own weight." he cuts in before looking at you with two amber eyes. "Say, acolyte, would you accept to aid chaplain Dur'toj in capturing a demon we've summoned into this forest?"

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

---

Rautherdir
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 06:08:51 pm by Neoexdeath »

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 43) Roll to make un-dead friends: Estratia (Waitlist Open)
« Reply #349 on: July 31, 2017, 06:12:21 pm »

"Of course. Any mission critical details I need to know?"

Be ready to go on the mission

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 31, 2017, 10:40:09 pm »

Let's be an absolute idiot and check out the cryptic looking cauldron. I wonder what dimension THIS one will send me to.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 01, 2017, 02:38:11 pm »

"It would seem the dead flock to the dead, beneficia ab inferno, let us return."

Head back and collect profits.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 06:19:39 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 02, 2017, 03:33:17 am »

"Yeah, I think I got a few splinters, though." Cyfraith says with a factitious look on her features. "I think we're attracting unwanted attention. Where is it that we're going again?"

Perhaps this guy was the boss of something.

"...I don't think I could have taken him alone. Thank you." She glances to the puppet-in-progress on her back.
"I must gain a better grasp of this world..."

Cyfraith puts the Magicka energizer away and twirls a knife from her fingertips to test out her joints. She decides to pass time by not only altering the trajectory of the knife, but giving it velocity directly. She needs something she can use while physically impaired.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 02, 2017, 11:15:48 pm »

Ask the minotaur something -

"There's no problem if we head to the cave first then come back here, right?"

If there's none, then go forward which should lead towards the bloodlust cave and get the instruction. If it's not ok to backtrack though, then ask my companions first in which path they'd prefer to take.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 03, 2017, 04:51:05 pm »

Wonder if I know what abilities basilisks may or may not have. Try doing fire pilar magical whatnot again, target the blue basilisks and hope the flame is powerful enough to still singe the green ones. Keep bird/lizardfriend??? safe.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 44) Roll to dodge: Estratia (Waitlist Open)
« Reply #355 on: August 13, 2017, 06:38:25 pm »

Roll 44
----

Mercenary 1

You brazenly decide to throw any notion of subtetly or caution out of the window and make your way towards the cauldron, intent on learning it's secrets. If it has any at all, that is. The unnatural fire covers you in it's light as you approach, casting your bones and clothes in a strange light-blue color, save for the green rune etched in your leg. Anyway, you eventually stop right in front of it, nothing really happening as you do so. You peer down into the cauldron, noticing that the flames inside were pure white before making their way up, changing into deeper and deeper cyan until finally dissipating into the air in a seemingly endless cycle. It had to be the work of magic, since they didn't have any heat nor produced any smoke, and the cauldron itself had no fuel whatsoever for sustaining the fire. Nevertheless, with no option left you make an attempt to place your hand inside the cauldron.

(Roll for randomness: 9)

The moment you touch a flame with your finger tip the whole fire suddenly surges in your direction and, within the blink of an eye -not that you could blink-, your very soul absorbs it completely. You feel that a massive surge of speed courses through you now. Not to mention that the rune lit up again, an acidic, bright green glow emanating from it.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Daxon (??)
---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

Rhunon stares at you for a second, contemplating a reply most likely, but eventually he acerts his gaze and stands up. The dead avian casts off a curious glance at him, but otherwise pays no heed to the elf.
"Well, we lingered here enough, I suppose. Come on." he finally says, checking on his bow before motioning you to follow him. You do so, and together you travel back through the dark forest, the moon's light barely visible from the treetops. Nevertheless, Rhunon seems to know where's he going, since after about fifteen minutes you find yourself back at the entrance of the village.

As you approach, you notice an elf and human standing guard at the entrance, the first holding a rod while the other a shortsword and shield, most probably the night watch. Your companion goes on ahead and exchanges a few words with them and then motions towards you. The human nods and you are both let in without much fuss, except for a curious glance toward the undead bird who was still lazing off atop your skull. You eventually find yourself in front of a small shack, dwarfed in size by the large house next to it.
"Come on in." he invites you, unlocking the door of the shack and holding it open for you. It seemed even smaller on the inside, various trinkets and tools sitting on pieces of furniture of varying sizes and a door leading to some other part of the building. You notice another quiver, much like the one Rhunon is carrying, sitting half filled with feathered arrows on a bench, along with some iron tips and some unfinished arrows. In all the chaos you can't find anywhere to sit down, except for a relatively empty nightstand, on which your new friend soon lands on. "Here's your reward for helping me." you didn't even notice that the elf had been rummaging through some corner of the room and was now holding a small bag filled with gold in front of you. "And also, for saving my life, I want you to have these too." he adds as you take the money, handing you two orange gems, which you recognize to be the same as the ones you saw in the cave.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Rhunon

--
WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

You don't quite know what abilities the basilisks may have, since you never fought or even met one of their race before. Anyway, you decide to use your newly acquired fire magic against the basilisks who ambushed you. But first, you place the small chick down, who was chirping in distress, so you can use your weapon. Anyway, you switch to your Zweihander first and the focus on filling the blade with your Magicka, the process being much quicker than before. Unfortunately, just as you get ready to unleash the flaming fury, your target and the green basilisk next to it lunge towards you!

(Clash {AGI}: Antaeus 3 vs 2 Mature Blue Basilisk)
(Clash {AGI}: Antaeus 3 vs 2 = 2 + 1 Mature Green Basilisk)
(Clash {STR}: Antaeus 2 + 1 = 3 vs 1 Mature Green Basilisk)

The blue one is too slow to meet your attack, but the other lands it's teeth on your blade. You manage to kick it off though, and then proceed to unleash the Magicka channeled in your sword.

(Antaeus: 5x2 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 29 vs 9 =  2 + 2 + 3 + 2 Parry Mature Blue Basilisk) {Weakness!}
(Antaeus: 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 10 vs 8 = 1 + 2 + 2 + 3 Dodge Mature Emerald Basilisk)
(Armor protection: 2 - 1 = 1 damage)

The blue basilisk is utterly obliterated by your fire, nothing but smoldering black ashes remain of it's body, although the green one manages to get out of the way soon enough so it was only singed by the flames somewhat. The fire also leaves some burns on your body, although it's nothing too bad. Nevertheless, you bring down your sword in an attempt to finish it off.

(Antaeus: 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 - 1 = 11 vs 10 = 1 - 1 + 2 + 2 + 6 Dodge Mature Emerald Basilisk)
(Armor protection: 1 - 1 = 0 damage)

You barely manage to land a hit, but the creature's hard scales made sure that it inflicted no wounds whatsoever, except maybe cutting off a scale or two. Meanwhile, the two other reptiles seize the opportunity and one of them rushes towards you, teeth bared, while the other seems to be concentrating on something.

(Mature Emerald Basilisk: 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 1 = 6 vs 10 = 1 - 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 5 Parry Antaeus)

The green basilisk's teeth meet the steel of your blade just before you kick it off. It lands on it's side but immediately scurries on it's feet hissing. Right after that, a bolt of ice from the blue one shoots straight towards you!

(Mature Blue Basilisk: 1 + 3 - 1 = 3 vs 8 = 1 - 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 3 Parry Antaeus)

You deflect it with your massive sword quite easily though. The chick seems to be cowering between your feet now, obviously scared by all the magic and killing happening around him.

---
Enemies:

Mature emerald basilisk x2

Mature blue Bassilisk

---
Allies:

Chick

Nez'gol (??)
---

Rethi-Eli

Empire 1

Your words seem to be ignored at first, the minotaur instead studying your features. He grunted, satisfied with his inspection before finally answering.
"There's nothing stopping you from doing that." his coarse voice came off as stiffer than usual. Footsteps ring on the stone floor behind you, he perks one of his ears and then looks past you. Soon enough Fenrir is by your side.
"At least tell us what kind of enemies we'll face. Or if there are any at all." the man says in a rather demanding tone.
"You heard what Wendala said. There are monsters here, you can face them or throw yourself off this bridge now." Ezzergal replies, glaring coldly at him. Fenrir seems to want to protest, but the beast growls and takes a step towards him, silencing the man as he takes a step backwards. Carola reaches for her swords, but shakes her head. You all silently agree that it would be time to go now.

All three of you move forward past the towers tops and the other bridge, the walking being somewhat strange at first due to you having been accustomed to the grassy terrain of the hill before being transported here. Nevertheless, soon enough you arrive at another tower, although this one was higher than the others, since you can see a window you can easily jump through. Though, it this would derail you from your path, so instead you take a left where the bridge is going around it and silently move forward. The calm doesn't last long though, because soon you hear a roar coming from above. A mix of surprise, fear and anticipation flash on the mage's face as he looks up, while Carola prepares herself for a fight.
"Curse our luck: it's a wyrm." he informs, sighting. It was indeed as he said: the leg-less lizard's golden scales and orange plates on it's belly easy to spot as it beat it's massive bat-like wings, looking ready to swoop down at any moment.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Fenrir

Carola
---

Crimson

Empire 2

You decide to put the potion away, despite not having taken it from your inventory at all earlier because of your inability to do so. Anyway, first thing of all you decide to test your wooden joints for any damage that would be more than negligible. You take out one of your knives and balance it on the tip of your finger before starting to twirl it, steadily drawing some Magicka and channeling it into your element in order to increase it's velocity, making it spin faster and faster to the point it just flies up in the air. It doesn't stay airborne for long, though, eventually losing balance due to air frictin and flying off into the tree next to you before falling onto the ground. Brussian and Saraqael were watching all of this with an ounce of interest, although the former simply brushes it off while the latter goes to inspect the falled knife. {+1 Air magic EXP}
"No problem. Although, to see a demon simply tear open a portal and appear so deep inside the forest..." it trails off, running a paw through the fur on his head. "Well, I have already procured the ingredients needed for the brew from Fangrall, so we can go back to my cave and get ready." it says after taking a second to compose itself. "Oh, I apologize. Can you walk? Or do you want me to carry you?" the werewolf then offers, realizing what you first said.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Saraqael
--

_DivideByZero_

Order 1

A small frown appears on Enjigar's face for a split moment, but his features quickly returned to normal with a small sigh. Whatever the problem was, he probably just let it go.
"Despite this demon being somewhat more amiable than the rest of his brethren, you should exert the utmost caution when confronting him." the archbishop begins his explanation, clasing his elongated hands. "He posseses quite the skill in manipulating his own element, fire, and definitely doesn't lack in raw power, just like most hellspawn." he continues, making a slight gesture towards a dark red collar sitting on a shelf behind the lizardman. "Finally, if you cannot persuade him to come with you, then make use of this artifact. Simply say the incantation written on it and the name of the demon, which would be Zuul'ker, and it shall block his body from channeling Magicka, rendering his spells useless." he finishes just as the chaplain goes to retrieve the collar. You notice a single, flowing pattern embedded on it, interrupted at times by blue runes. The writing is on it's back and it simply reads: 'Seal'.

"We thank you, archbishop. And we will." he replies, making a slight bow before placing the relic in his inventory and going out in the hallway. You quickly go after him.
"If you have any business around here then do it now, otherwise go and wait for me at the entrance." the lizardman tells you, his manners suddenly gone. "I have... some things to take care of first." he adds before dashing off to the other end of the hallway, going out of sight around a corner.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

---

Rautherdir
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 06:43:38 pm by Neoexdeath »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 44) Roll to set lizards on fire: Estratia (Waitlist Open)
« Reply #356 on: August 14, 2017, 12:56:19 am »

Hell yeah. Head through the small corridor.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 14, 2017, 01:53:24 am »

"Nope. Pretty solid construction, this body,"

Cyfraith decides to head back with Brussian. While walking, she hovers close to Brussian, innocently peering at the ingredients and trying to sense them through her avenues of magical perception (try to get nature XP).
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 14, 2017, 08:22:21 pm »

"No choice."

Changed Honed Senses to give Dodge bonus and use Thunder Impulse against the Flying Wyvern.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 14, 2017, 08:39:45 pm »

"Ah yes, I definitely have things to do before leaving."

Go to the entrance.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 34