Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 34

Author Topic: (Abandoned) (Roll 61) Roll to dodge: Estratia  (Read 40699 times)

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 50) Roll to dissuade: Estratia (Waitlist Open)
« Reply #405 on: April 24, 2018, 04:47:50 am »

I can't even remember what I was planning to do after this.

-----

Keep moving towards the cave while trying to put as much distance between me and the birds.

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 24, 2018, 10:55:53 am »

A WIP sheet, will edit and fill out later once I have some questions answered.

1) Can I start with a tome/book/scroll I could learn dark magic from by reading it? Could it also be a magical enchancer weapon?

2) Do I start with 2 equipment pieces AND 2 inventory items? Could these items be also equipment pieces?

3) If a big magical staff had to be wielded with both hands, would it be stronger when used for magic in comparision of, say, a magic rod? Could a particularly big, thorny wooden staff be used as a melee weapon?

4) What's the general appearance of elementals? What's their normal "life" cycle? Are they born as elementals or created by wizards? Are they undead and the souls of dead people? Do they have concepts like "family" or "childhood"?
1) Yes and no. Magical enhancer books (spellbooks) are filled with runes which give you a bonus when casting an ability, you can't actually learn spells from them.

2)Yes and yes, basically you start with 4 items, 2 of which have to be equipment. The other two can be anything you want.

3)The  main gig of two-handed weapons is that they're significantly more powerful that their one-handed counterparts, so yes. Also, all magical enhancers can be used as melee weapons, it's just that (most) don't grant any bonus when used like that (and yes, a big thorny staff would be an exception)

4) Elementals are souls of  which, accidentally or very rarely on purpose, bind themselves to an element. The former are people who recently died but had a strong desire to keep living, so they use an element (usually the one they had in life) to make a vessel which they posses. The latter can be someone who uses a ritual to basically rip their soul from the body and force it through the aforementioned process. There is a high chance in both cases for the person to lose their memories due to the shock of recent death.

As I said in the race description, elementals adopt a humanoid shape, although how much it actually resembles a humanoid depends on their element. For example, solid elements such as earth or ice allow them to look like the race they were before death except made out of dirt/stone/ice, water also allows this although most don't bother with having legs since they can just flow around, fire, air and thunder use the soul itself to contain the element, which once again makes it possible to somewhat keep their appearance from before death. Finally, darkness elementals are basically just condensed shadows, making them look like nothing more than blurry dark figures, and holy elementals are composed of a concentration of white-yellow dimmed light (so you can actually look at them).

Their life cycle is quite different from an organic being. Technically, they are immortal in the sense they cannot die of old age, only by being killed. Earth/ice/water elementals grow in size as they become more powerful. The closest thing to birth they can do is create non-sentient versions of themselves, which other races can do as well through summoning; Because of this the only sense of family and childhood are the ones they adopt from their past life (if they can remember it).

On an unrelated note, there aren't many sentient elementals around Estratia because of the conditions required for their birth.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 24, 2018, 01:21:58 pm »

Okay, I just need help with the item stats and abilities now.

This is the stuff I wanted to start with.
-Black Tome: An untitled, very large book filled with dark spells and forbidden knowledge. Manus always keeps this with him, and contantly reads from it to learn new black magic abilities to use. He still hasn't reached the end of the heavy tome, so there are still some dark spells he hasn't learned yet.
(Magic tome to learn darkness spells from.)

-Stylish Cult Robes. Mostly for both physical and magical protection.

-Voidtree Branch: A large staff made of a strange type of wood similar to coal. It's covered on sharp thorns, so it can be used as a weapon in a pinch. Particulary good for casting offensive elemental spells, but it has to be wielded with both hands because of it's size and weight.
(Two-handed offensive staff.)

-Holy Protection Talisman: A silver talisman inscribed with pagan runes to ward the wearer from Holy energies and priests.

For the active ability, I would like a basic and reliable offensive spell to defend myself.
For the passive something that helps with learning new Darkness and maybe Fel spells.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 02:07:49 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 25, 2018, 07:03:16 am »

Okay, I just need help with the item stats and abilities now.

This is the stuff I wanted to start with.
-Black Tome: An untitled, very large book filled with dark spells and forbidden knowledge. Manus always keeps this with him, and contantly reads from it to learn new black magic abilities to use. He still hasn't reached the end of the heavy tome, so there are still some dark spells he hasn't learned yet.
(Magic tome to learn darkness spells from.)

-Stylish Cult Robes. Mostly for both physical and magical protection.

-Voidtree Branch: A large staff made of a strange type of wood similar to coal. It's covered on sharp thorns, so it can be used as a weapon in a pinch. Particulary good for casting offensive elemental spells, but it has to be wielded with both hands because of it's size and weight.
(Two-handed offensive staff.)

-Holy Protection Talisman: A silver talisman inscribed with pagan runes to ward the wearer from Holy energies and priests.

For the active ability, I would like a basic and reliable offensive spell to defend myself.
For the passive something that helps with learning new Darkness and maybe Fel spells.

Here we go...

Spoiler: WIP (click to show/hide)

When I add you to the roll I'll remove the backstory from the sheet and save it on the main page.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 25, 2018, 07:50:11 am »

Great! Thank you for helping me with the rest of the sheet.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 25, 2018, 04:52:27 pm »

"Hissss!- Curse this frail form! It is but candle's light which guides my soul. Gratia!

I warn these spirits that conspire aginst me, who burn my bones: the strongest binds are made of bird's spittal and the roots of Zulle! I have heard the cat's foot fall, carved the sinew from the bear and it's the fish's breath that these dead lungs draw!

Hear me witch of Zulle! The strongest spell will be completed by the hairs of your chin! Spare me not your dark wisdom! Lo! Complete the binding of the Fenris wolf soul, the revival of my flesh! My spirit, for whom hell's passion exceeds twice the heavy metal chains of sorcery, will not be vanquished!"

Nayrous investigates the paper and restores the eleven statue to where it had been.

If nothing is immediately pressing, he'll rest and tomorrow journey to Mt zulle.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 24, 2018, 11:43:45 pm »

Ah, forgive me, my reptilian friend - I seem to have dozed off. Whatever I did... truly drained a lot of energy from me. Yes, let us bask in the warm glow of flame.

Try to light the flame with the carnelian gem in my sword's hilt. If this fails, clear my mind and see if I can draw just enough energy out to heat the pile of branches.

OOC: My computer's hard drive was fried, and I had a lot of IRL problems. I won't miss any more turns.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 25, 2018, 06:20:02 pm »

You may have up to 2 different characters at one time (All in different storylines.)
And please note that you can ask me to make the active and passive abilities for your character. (just tell me how you want them to be)

Name: Artemis
Race: Elemental
Appearance (optional):Silver Hair and Blue Eyes, 5'6; Bare feet, White cloak black/grey Skirt to knees.
Backstory (optional): Born during the Height of the Full Moon after the True Demon Bahamur was defeated.
Faction: Mercenary
Starting Location: Indinera forest- Home Cave up a cliff, set against the mountain. Space in front of the Cave. Water falling down the river nearby.
Element (1 only): Nature
Inventory (2 items max. These items will be created by you and can only be either potions or extra pieces of equipment. Please don't make them too OP.):
Lunar Needles: Used to repair and create Element-aligned cloths, clothing and equipment. (Lunar Phases effect success)
Gentle Quiver: Crafted from the Indinera forest, this Quiver is capable of holding up to 100 arrows. Grants Arrows stored within the Wind-Stream effect.(Cuts through the Air to the target)
--
(You may only start with two pieces of equipment, be it armor or weapon. You can use the 'stock' weapons in the weapon section, or make a custom one. Your armor will also be created by you. Once again, please keep it balanced.)
Head:
Neck:
Torso: Lunar Cloak[Woven from Spider-silk dripped in Moonlight. +1 Dexterity/Resistance/Agility - Water/Light Aligned]
Back:
Arm -Left: -Right:
Hand -Left: -Right:
Fingers 1-10:
Waist:
Leg -Left: -Right:
Feet -Left: -Right:
Weapon 1: Lunar Bow[Shoots Arrows comprised of Moonlight- Light/Nature Aligned]
Weapon 2:
--
Stats (you get 1 stat point from the beginning):

STR: 0
DEX: 0(1)
RES: 0(1)
AGI: 0(1)
INT: 1

EXP: 0/20
--
Active Ability: (1 only): Lunar Grace[Your movements are as swift as the wind, as gentle as moonlight, and as fierce as the changing tides.-+STR, INT, DEX, and RES]
Passive Ability (1 only): Lunar Spirit: So long as the moon is in the sky, so too do you remain upon the earth.(Immortal while the moon shines in the night sky- Unable to act upon dying, until this effect ends/does not affect damage taken)(Heals during the time of the Moon)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 06:08:47 pm by TricMagic »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 27, 2018, 08:54:17 am »

So, when is the next turn?

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 51) Roll to reroll: Estratia (8/7, Waitlist Open)
« Reply #414 on: June 18, 2018, 06:20:45 am »

Roll 51
----
@randomgenericusername (mind if I call you random?) I'm sorry for the long wait, but I didn't manage to finish up this roll before the final exams arrived.
--
@TricMagic Right now I have 7 players, and 8 is a little too much for me to bear, so I'll have to place you on the waitlist for the moment. I will, however, help out with completing your character sheet.
--
@Rethi-Eli I'm sorry to hear that. If it helps, I know how it feels (although in the first case my video card got fried which is less severe, I suppose), but hey, at least you only missed 2 rolls!

Mercenary 1

"Right. Help yourself, friend." Daxon replies, giving you three Buala leaves for nothing in exchange. You take them and rub thoroughly on the spot where the stinger hit you on the shoulder. A few seconds pass and the feeling of weakness from the poison fades away, while your injured bone doesn't look like it's about to break off anymore.

As you dust off the bits of leaves left, you notice that you haven't re-equipped the bracers looted about half an hour ago. Your companion, in the meantime, looks at you expectantly. "Ready to move on now?" he asks, making a slight motion forward towards the hallway opposite of the stairs behind you.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Daxon
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

While you do your monologue, Cordelia glances around the room for a few moments, confused. With an annoyed chirp it jumps and boosts itself with it's wings on the table and moves in front of the window, it's talons leaving small scratches in the wood. The hawk then just stares absently outside while you're finishing your speech.

However, after you pick up the piece of paper, the bird's head turns towards you, fixating your violet eye-orbs with it's own. It then flies off the table and lands on your shoulder, peering curiously at the text. Anyway, you bring the paper to where the moonlight shines through the window and start reading it.

After finishing, you quickly throw the sheet away. It floats around through the air in an erratic pattern before suddenly bursting into bright yellow flames, making Cordelia squeak in surprise. In less than a second there is nothing left of the letter but ash slowly raining down on the dark floor.

With nothing else left to do, you place the elf statue back on the table, next to the hawk, and lay back down on the bed, pondering on whenever you should accept the request from this Eligor person. Time passes quickly and eventually the sun rises, lighting up the dark sky and casting warm rays through the window and down on your skeleton.

Without wasting any time, you gather your possessions and head into the hallway and towards the stairs, Cordelia perched on your shoulder. The bottom floor is mostly empty, save for the waitress placing some bottles behind the bar. She pays you no mind, so you simply leave your keys on the counter and walk through the door.

"Hello, um-" as you walk outside a woman in black dress approaches you. She looks at you startled, her pale blue eyes fixating on your skull from behind her long, curly blonde hair. "... Can I ask you a question? Where exactly am I?" she asks after the initial hesitation.
---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Cordelia
--
WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

"Well, no problem. At the very least you managed to not burn me to the ground, too." Nez'gol chuckles before throwing you a curious stare as you draw Zweihander and point it towards the pile of sticks you gathered. You find it surprisingly easy to manipulate the fire Magicka inside the gem, which starts glowing faintly before the blade bursts in flames. You and the lizardman both watch as the fire engulfs the metal completely in reddish-orange, although to your relief the hilt remains cold in your grip.

Anyway, you touch the wood with the now lit Zweihander, setting it on fire, before extinguishing the flames on the sword.
"Now that's useful." your friend observes as the both of you settle in front of the newly-made campfire. The cockatrix settles on your lap, fluffing his feathers before shoving his head under his tiny wing. "So, have you thought about a name for the chick?" Nez'gol asks casually, the flames' glow accentuating his yellow eyes' stare.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Chick

Nez'gol
---

Rethi-Eli

Empire 1

The three of you are once again on your way, although Carola lags behind a little, looking distracted. Nevertheless, you give the cracaos a wide berth, the birds ignoring you as you pass by. You walk forward directly towards the cave, which is getting significantly closer, until you come by a T intersection with a blue-haired woman in her twenties standing in the middle.

"Oh, you made it. Quicker than I expected, too." she notes, looking over the three of you as you yourself do the same. Her attire consisted of a steel cuirass and shoulder pads under a sky blue gambeson with an ice crystal symbol sewn into the cloth on her chest, gauntlets with the same symbol imprinted on the steel, black leggings with brown leather leg guards and black riding boots. She has pale white skin and her build is solid, she also lacks any facial hair save for two thin dark eyebrows above her pastel blue eyes that look at you with neutral interest.
"Excuse me, but who could you be?" Carola asks in confusion, standing beside you.
"Ah, ri-ight. We haven't met yet." the blue-haired woman pushes a bang of hair off her forehead, her pale rosy lips arching into an embarrassed smile. "I'm Thalia, a mercenary. And you guessed it, I got hired by these Blood Assassins guys." she explains, her expression changing to a warm one.
"Mhm." Fenrir mutters, folding his hands and throwing her a doubtful look.
"Moving on, why exactly were you waiting for us here?" Carola presses, her tone intrigued.
"Eh, Wendala forgot about giving you these, so she asked me to come here and hand them to you." she says as she picks out three white mushrooms with black spots from a pouch strapped at her belt. It is now you also notice that she doesn't have any weapons on her.
"... And what may these be?" the girls picks one up, frowning slightly.
"Growth mushrooms." Fenrir replies before Thalia can say anything.
"Yeah... that's right." she gives him an odd stare before turning towards you. "Wendie said that you'll need to eat them after you get out of that cave over there." she gestures with a gloved hand towards your destination north-west. "Forgot the name." she adds with a small grin.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Fenrir

Carola
---

Crimson

Empire 2

You decide to silently return to the clearing where you left your friends, although after a few jumps and some floating a sharp gust of air nearly blasts you off. As you regain your balance green scales fill your vision for a moment before disappearing below the trees.

You leave single wire looped around the tree you're at before drifting the rest of the way through the air as silently as possible. You stifle a gasp when you see a large green dragon, probably the one Brussian mentioned, standing before him and Saraqael, both entangled in vines. The winged reptile's serpentine yet rather bulky body is covered in leaf green scales, with two large wings, each separated by six elongated fingers with a solid moss green membrane in-between, which obscured most of neck and head from your point of view.
"Well then." she says, a tinge of amusement in her tone. "I'm glad you didn't run too far away from my clearing, otherwise finding you would've been a little annoying..." the dragoness notes while flexing her claws. You notice that most of her front legs are covered in a flowing white pattern, painted on the scales. "So, how did you manage to steal one of my Seeds and why in the Father's name did you bury it?" she then asks, suddenly aggressive.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Saraqael
--

_DivideByZero_

Order 1

You quietly take the bottle and chug it down in two gulps. Despite it's pink color, it actually tastes very bitter, but nevertheless you feel the pain burning in your chest subside to more bearable levels as your wounds close off, leaving nothing but some dried blood that clings to your fur.
Then, you pick up your scythe from the ground, which you probably dropped during the trap explosion, and swing it towards the nearest golem, managing to catch the other one as well in the arc of your slash.

(Rautherdir: 4 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 1 - 1 = 8 vs 7 = 2 + 3 + 2 Parry Rock Golem#1)
(Armor protection: 1 - 6 = -5 damage)
(Rautherdir: 4 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 1 - 1 = 8 vs 6 = 2 + 3 + 1 Parry Rock Golem#2)
(Armor protection: 2 - 6 = -4 damage)

Your scytche bounces off the stone of the golems, although it also causes parts of their hardened exterior to fall off. Undeterred by this, you strike again.

(Rautherdir: 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 1 - 1 = 5 vs 11 = 2 + 3 + 6 Parry Rock Golem#1)
(Rautherdir: 3 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 1 - 1 = 7 vs 6 = 2 + 3 + 1 Parry Rock Golem#2)
(Armor protection: 1 - 4 = -3 damage)

... But the first one completely blocks your attack with an arm while the other doesn't take any real damage. Diana smirks at you from above.
"First come first served!" she says before pointing her stick, which, since you're closer, turns out to be a wand, at you.

(Diana: 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 7 vs 1 = 2 - 1 + 1 + 1 Dodge Rautherdir)
(Armor protection: 6 - 1 = 5 damage)

A slight rumble below your feet is all the warning you get before a sharp spike erupts from the ground. You barely manage to shift yourself so it wouldn't impale you through the height of your body, but it does however make a terrifyingly large hole in your thigh. To your relief, or further pain, the spike retreats back into the floor.
"Now, fi-" the annoying fairy, now grinning, says, but Kratin's shout cuts her off.
"Get away from him, you b****!" you swear that his eye-orbs are glowing brighter as he lunges towards your attacker, but one of the golems walks in his way!

[Parry Bonus: (3)/2 = 1.5 -> 2]
[Dodge Bonus: 0 = 0]
(Kratin: 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 8 vs 9 = 2 + 2 + 5 Intercept Rock Golem#1)
(Kratin: 5 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 11 vs 6 = 2 + 3 + 1 Parry Rock Golem#1)
(Armor protection: 5 - 5 = 0 damage)

*CRACK*
The skeleton's second blow leaves a large gash across the golem's torso, leaving that area completely exposed for further attacks. Rosa immediately takes advantage and sends two water bolts towards it.

(Rosa: 2 + 3 + 2 + 1 - 1 = 7 vs 8 = 2 + 3 + 3 Parry Rock Golem#1)
(Rosa: 5 + 3 + 4 + 1 - 1 = 12 vs 8 = 2 + 3 + 3 Parry Rock Golem#1){Lucky!}

The first bounces off harmlessly and splashes on the ground, but the second hits it right in the chest, leaving a gaping hole and destabilizing the golem. The rocks composing it's body start falling off, until nothing is left of it but a dusty pile of stone.
"Tch." Diana grits her teeth before turning towards the remaining golem. "Finish off that fleabag for me." she tells it. Fortunately, your undead friend positioned himself in front of you after his charge earlier, so the creature has no choice but to attack him.

(Rock Golem: 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 3 = 10 vs 9 = 2 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 Parry Kratin)

"Urgh." he groans, the force of the golem's fist sending him backwards slightly. He almost falls when trying to sidestep, so he wouldn't bump into you, but using his sword a support he regains his balance and turns back towards your two enemies.

---
Enemies:

Diana
Rock Golem
---
Allies:

Rosa

Kratin
---

Rautherdir
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 07:20:18 am by Neoexdeath »

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 51) Roll to reroll: Estratia (Waitlist Open)
« Reply #415 on: June 18, 2018, 06:22:24 am »

Curse thee, evil word limit! (I know why it's there, but splitting up the Roll like this is annoying)
--

Order 2
(Alright, let's use the dice to decide the start on this one: *Rolls 1*
... I'll be nice and pretend that didn't just happen: *Rolls 1* Again... Ugh, I'll just write something myself)

You glance up from the old, yellow pages of your tome as the sound of footsteps accompanied by the rhythmic click of armor approaches from the hallway outside your personal quarters.

The reason for this privacy is because of neither your rank nor how much of the castle is dedicated to living accommodations -which is quite a small fraction, to say the least-, but rather the non-humanoid nature of most of it's inhabitants, who'd rather live nearby in the murky swamp rather than inside; However, the leader of this Shrine is the only exception.

And as fate would have it, his second-in-command has just entered your room. You've seen him during meetings and the such, so you immediately recognize the human and his dim yellow plate armor covered in green scales, rumored to be taken from a dragon he slew, but you find such nonsense hard to believe. His dark orange eyes fixate on you from behind his helmet, that covered most of his features.

"Apologies for my sudden intrusion." he speaks in a polite, level tone, while taking off said helmet. "There is a matter which requires your..." he trails off for a moment, eyeing your still open book. "Expertise." the man finishes, running a gloved hand through his short, brown hair. "But beforehand, I need to know: How much do you know about drakes?" he adds, settling his hands behind his back.

---
Enemies:
---
Allies:
---

randomgenericusername

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 18, 2018, 07:54:41 am »

"Oh, what's a drake? Wait, don't tell me! It's... a type of... duck, right? Like, small feathery things that swim in water bodies and make terrible quacking noises? Yes, I have heard of them. Apparently, despite their horrifying honking screams, they aren't actually demons per se. Who knew?"
Yeah, I know nothing about these "drake" things. Start rambling about the various types of birds I know of and how much I hate them all.

((By the way, you can call me Random or RGU. Or whatever you want.))
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 05:24:26 pm by randomgenericusername »

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 18, 2018, 08:25:20 am »

Hmmm... how about... Sparky! Yes, a fine name for such a little creature as yourself.

I hereby dub the cockatrix Sparky.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 18, 2018, 05:20:49 pm »

"That could have gone better. Just give me a moment to repair the damage and I'll bring the fight to it's end."

Administer a Necrotear to myself, then take a swipe at the golem.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 18, 2018, 11:16:08 pm »

"Ready when you are."

Follow Daxon.

((Thank you for giving me a concrete direction to go to.))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 34