Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 34

Author Topic: (Abandoned) (Roll 61) Roll to dodge: Estratia  (Read 40797 times)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 1) Roll to Dodge: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open: 0/5*
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2017, 02:28:04 pm »

"Per passionem mortis," Nayrous hisses back.

With a spin of his rod Nayrous blasts both approaching Baskilisks. Nayrous activates Estuans mortem, donning the ghastly black armor of his past self. Pulling out his broadsword, he meets one of the approaching Emerald Basilisks with a mighty arc, he then launches a second attack at the same Emerald Basilisk if it is alive or the other one if not.

"I will strip away your flesh!"

Nayrous gives his surroundings a quick scan.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 09:34:03 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2017, 02:55:53 pm »

"Per passionem mortis," Nayrous hisses back.

With a spin of his rod Nayrous blasts both approaching Baskilisks.

"I will strip away your flesh!"

Nayrous gives his surroundings a quick scan.
Um, you can't blast them with your rod because you don't know any offensive abilities yet.
Also, you should specify which basilisks you want to attack, because there's 3 of them. :d

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2017, 03:05:24 pm »

Um, you can't blast them with your rod because you don't know any offensive abilities yet.
Also, you should specify which basilisks you want to attack, because there's 3 of them. :d

Did I miss a mechanics section on magic or did you add spells to the char sheets? Anyways I assumed I could because the rod has a Power +1 modifier and power in the mechanics relates to a parry chance, so naturally I imagined that the rod was at least capable of an basic attack at +1 power. I do not see any bits on how magic works other than magic items have similar profiles to other weapons.

More importantly what spells do I know?

I did specify my targets: "both approaching basilisks". Only two seem to be moving at me. I would have used my melee form but I was afraid it would use a major action and prevent me from attacking both.

Anyways, I'll edit my post for the case that I know no spells.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 04:47:45 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2017, 03:17:22 pm »

A shriek? Sounds dangerous, the puppet muttered to itself. Better get going.

She embarked upon the forward path, for a few steps, and then did a double-take, feeling a sharp jolt in her chest, where her heart would live.
It's what we live for, I suppose.

Second path. Try to keep out of any combat in progress.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 03:46:17 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2017, 03:34:38 pm »

"Monster hunting it is then."

Head to the Golden Harpy inn, follow up on Relic Hunt notice.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2017, 03:40:59 pm »

((Their still room in the game?))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2017, 04:00:03 pm »

Search the surrounding area for things of interest. Avoid contact with hostile lizardmen.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2017, 04:49:07 pm »

Did I miss a mechanics section on magic or did you add spells to the char sheets? Anyways I assumed I could because the rod has a Power +1 modifier and power in the mechanics relates to a parry chance, so naturally I imagined that the rod was at least capable of an basic attack at +1 power. I do not see any bits on how magic works other than magic items have similar profiles to other weapons.

More importantly what spells do I know?

I did specify my targets: "both approaching basilisks". Only two seem to be moving at me. I would have used my melee form but I was afraid it would use a major action and prevent me from attacking both.
I believe I said on page 2-3 that magic can only be used through abilities. You don't have any offensive abilities at the moment, so no blasting the enemies I'm afraid. Think of the rod as a tool made to help you channel your magic more easily or with more intensity etc. not as something with magic of it's own. Also, turning into melee mode does take a major action.

((Their still room in the game?))
Unfortunately, no. But if you make a character sheet I will add you to the wait list.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2017, 05:03:35 pm »

I believe I said on page 2-3 that magic can only be used through abilities. You don't have any offensive abilities at the moment, so no blasting the enemies I'm afraid. Think of the rod as a tool made to help you channel your magic more easily or with more intensity etc. not as something with magic of it's own. Also, turning into melee mode does take a major action.

Got it, edited action. I see why you suggested a spellbook :P
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 05:19:18 pm by WunderKatze »

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2017, 08:24:49 pm »

"Mystel, at your service."

Put some distance between me and Erik then turns towards him. Bow slightly then go ahead and draw both of my dai-katana's. The moment the signal is given, dash towards Erik and attack him with two slashes from each of my dai-katana. I may be fast and agile but due to the way Erik's swordsmanship flows like water, it would be hard to predict his attacks. Although I can probably dodge his attacks, I have the advantage when it comes to offense so being aggressive and taking the initiative is an important part of this fight as well.

Chrose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2017, 01:06:34 am »

>.>

Name: Geralt
Race: Human
Appearance (optional): Well-built, 1.9m, 20 years old.
Faction: Mercenary
Starting Location: Metrolia
Element (1 only): Earth
Inventory:
Ring Of Attack (+1 attack, -1 impact)
Healing Potion
--

Head:
Neck:
Torso:
Back:
Arm -Left: -Right:
Hand -Left: -Right:
Fingers 1-10:
Waist:
Leg -Left: -Right:
Feet -Left: -Right:
Weapon 1: Bastard Sword (+2 attack, +1 parry, -1 stabbing, -1 speed if STR is below 4, -2 dodge if STR is below 4)
Weapon 2: Parrying Dagger (+1 accuracy, +1 stabbing, -1 power, +2 additional parry when dual wielded)
--
STR: 1
DEX: 0
RES: 0
AGI: 0
INT: 0

EXP: 0/20
--
Active Ability: (1 only):

Nature's Furnace: Using Earth magic, create a bladed weapon with nearby materials from the ground or from my inventory.

Passive Ability (1 only):

One with the Blade: While using a bladed weapon, +1 to all rolls.
----
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 07:38:57 am by Chrose »
Arclight
Estratia
Horror Time
Illysia
Path of the Old Gods
Hellfire

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 2) Roll to Dodge: Estratia (Full) *Waitlist open: 1/5*
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2017, 01:51:48 pm »

Roll 2
----

Mercenary 1

Deciding to take up the Relic Hunt quest, you rip off the notice and take it with you before going to the Golden Harpy inn. It took you about seven minutes to reach the building, since it wasn't located very far from the outpost. Anyway, you go inside and take a look around: there a bar on the left where a bulky man was serving drinks and foodstuff, the rest of the space being occupied by many round tables scattered around, most of them being occupied by patrons, and finally there was a wooden staircase leading up at the other end of the room. After taking a few steps inside you are approached by a golden haired man wearing a pale yellow tunic and a black cloak around his shoulders.
"Greetings, my name is Ohura Daxon, the relic hunter." he introduces himself with a smile. Now that he's closer, you can see that he has two scimitars sheathed at his waist.
"I saw that you have the notice I posted at the outpost, so you must've taken up my request." Daxson explains, eyeing the paper in question that's sticking out of your pocket.
"But ah, where are my manners? Please, take a seat, have a... drink if you wish, before we go." he adds after a moment, his expression looking somewhat uncertain as he finished his sentence.

---

NRDL
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mercenary 2

(Nayrous: 3 + 3 + 2 - 1 = 7 vs 7 = 1 + 2 + 4 Dodge Emerald Basilisk #1)

You slash in an arc towards one of the green basilisks, but it manages to move out of they way in the last second. Gritting your teeth, you attack it again:

(Nayrous: 1 + 3 + 2 - 1 = 5 vs 8 = 1 + 2 + 5 Dodge Emerald Basilisk #1)

The basilisk dodges your attack again, more easily this time. At least your assault seems to have put some distance between you two, so it can't retaliate immediately. Meanwhile, the other two basilisks attack:

(L. Blue Basilisk: 2 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 3 vs 4 = 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 Parry Nayrous)
(Emerald Basilisk: 5 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 6 vs 8 = 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 6 Parry Nayrous)

You manage to fend off both of their attacks, leaving you unharmed. The three reptiles group together this time, the green ones staying in front of blue, seemingly covering him.

---

Enemies:

Light blue Bassilisk

Emerald Basilisk x 2
---

WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

You search around the area you're in. You can see that some of the trees have some weird red oval shaped fruits in them and decide to take some of those you can reach. Moving on, you see that there is a bird nest on top of one of the few pillars that were still whole and finally, you find a Cycca Leaf just sitting there on a rock. You decide to take it, but just as you turn around you see a lizard man staring at you with anger.
"Hey! You stole my healing leaf! I'll kill you, human thief!" he yells towards you before swinging a crude wooden hammer towards you.

(Lizardman: 1 + 1 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 6 vs 6 = 1 - 1 + 2 + 4 Parry Antaeus)

You barely manage to unsheathe your giant sword and parry his attack in time.

---
Enemies:

Green Lizardman
---

Rethi-Eli

Empire 1

As you dashed towards Erik, you could see the corners of his lips forming into a smirk as he also charged towards you.

(Clash{AGI}: Mystel 1 vs 5 Erik)

He easily weaves through your guard and makes an attempt to stab you, forcing you to stop your attack and defend yourself:

(Erik: 1 + 2 + 1 = 4 vs 7 = 1 + 2 + 4 Dodge Mystel)

You manage to dodge his rapier by sidestepping before returning the favor:

(Mystel: 3 + 2 + 2 - 1 = 6 vs 2 = 1 + 1 Parry Erik)

You land a blow square in the chest but stop yourself before actually hurting your adversary. Meanwhile, Paladin Rayes motions you to stop and approaches both of you.
"Alright, I've seen enough. You both fought well, but it is clear that Mystel is the winner." he declared.
"You've definitely improved since last time we dueled. Good luck at the championship." Erik said with a wink as he sheathed his rapier.
"Either way, you're all free to go now. Mystel, Carola, make sure come at the city entrance Sunday at six hours in the morning." your teacher informed before walking back inside the building. Some students followed after him, probably going back to the student ward to rest, others went to other districts of the town to do some shopping, hang around the pub or visit their families and a few remained in the training field and began sparring or practicing.

"So, what do we do now?" Erik asked after a moment. You consider your options.

---

Allies:

Erik

---

Crimson

Empire 2

You take a few steps forward before having a change of hearth and deciding to follow the path leading right. It doesn't take long for you to come across the source of the shrieking: a relatively small sized wolf with jet black fur who was bleeding from a bite wound on his back and seemed to have been pinned down by a medium-sized three headed anaconda with light green skin and red spots. You realize that the reptile was actually toying with the poor wolf, since it was only using one head to attack and it's tail to pin him down. Neither of them have noticed you yet.
---

Enemies:

Indinera Anaconda
---

_DivideByZero_
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 03:20:12 pm by Neoexdeath »

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2017, 02:14:56 pm »

Name: Geralt
Race: Human
Appearance: Well-built, 1.9m, 20 years old.
Faction: Mercenary
Starting Location: Metrolia
Element: Earth
Inventory:
- Ring Of Attack (+1 attack, -1 impact)
- Healing Potion (+1-2 health, -1-3 pain) {2}
--

Head:
Neck:
Torso:
Back:
Arm -Left: -Right:
Hand -Left: -Right:
Fingers 1-10:
Waist:
Leg -Left: -Right:
Feet -Left: -Right:
Weapon 1: Bastard Sword (+2 slashing, +1 parry, -1 stabbing, -1 accuracy)
Weapon 2: Parrying Dagger (+1 accuracy, +1 stabbing, -1 power, +1 additional parry when dual wielded)
--
STR: 1
DEX: 0
RES: 0
AGI: 0
INT: 0

EXP: 0/20
--
Active Ability:

- Earth:
-- Nature's Furnace (Using Earth magic, create a bladed weapon with nearby materials from the ground or from the inventory. It will get a slashing or stabbing bonus, on choice, based on (STR + 1)/2 rounded up, the material used giving varying bonuses or debuffs. This weapon has a number of uses before it is destroyed equal to INT (one attack with this weapon equals one use). Has a cooldown of 5.)

Passive Ability (1 only):

- One with the Blade (While using a bladed weapon, +1 to all rolls)
- Dual Wielding (Melee) (+1 accuracy, +1 parry, -1 power,  -1 dodge)
----

Tweaked a few numbers there and there and added stats to the ability. Hope the changes are good for you.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2017, 02:57:30 pm »

Attack back! If victorious, loot the lizardman's corpse for valuable goodies like any good adventurer would do.

Bad idea, you scaled savage.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2017, 03:46:16 pm »

"Appreciated, but unnecessary. I'm on your schedule. We can leave now, if you wish."

Follow Daxon to where he intends to go.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 34