Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 34

Author Topic: (Abandoned) (Roll 61) Roll to dodge: Estratia  (Read 40658 times)

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 55) Roll to trade insults: Estratia (Waitlist Open)
« Reply #450 on: October 28, 2018, 11:13:19 am »

Roll 55
----
Well, that didn't take long at all. *sigh*
But, hey, at the very least I got around to adding TricMagic to the roll!

---

Mercenary 1

You manage to shake off the purple prose that suddenly, as in, out of no where, which only- *ahem*. Yes, now you manage to get rid of the purple prose that infected your last roll with a plethora of worthless details.

You then go ahead and try to stab the mimic that nearly chewed your arm off.

(Nix: 5 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 17 vs 10 = 1 + 1 + 3 + 5 Dodge Mimic)
(Armor protection: 7 - 2 = 5 damage)

Both of your rapiers pierce through the wood covering the mimic and cut into it's flesh, making two deep holes in it's body. It squirms a little with whatever life it has left, but when you take out your blades a dark, ichorous blood comes out of the wounds, and it doesn't take long for the mimic to bleed out.

Purification complete. +8 Exp

"Are you alright, friend?" Daxon says as he runs next to you, weapons drawn. "What happened here?" he asks after reaching you, staring at the dead mimic. Before you answer, you notice something sticking out of it's mouth.

---
Enemies:

Toothy chest
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
---
Allies:

Daxon
---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

"Self-righteous as well. How ironic." the stranger replies, a note of contempt in her tone. "Your simple existence is a testament to your kind's limitless arrogance." she adds, slowly hovering... slithering towards you. "That frail frame you call immortal is nothing more than borrowed time - and yours is over." with that, she jumps into the air and lands in front you and Vanina.

She doesn't immediately attack however, and, as you and the girl draw your respective rods, she extends her left hand towards you. It looks human enough, but it then starts to deform, the flesh melting before your eyes. You see bulges under the cloak and in just a moment it seems to gather into itself and adopt a familiar shape.

"Even cloaked in this form my superiority will be clear." she says before throwing aside her cloak. Before you now stands a perfect replica of your companion, Vanina, save for the eyes, which are only two black beads.

"W-Wha... How?!" the Vanina beside you exclaims, stepping back while holding her rod out.

---
Enemies:

??
---
Allies:

Vanina

Cordelia
--
WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

"Alright." Nez'gol yawns again before huddling on the leaf bed - it actually looks more like a large nest now that you look at it. Nevertheless, you follow his example and, as you lay down on yours with Sparky, you hear him mutter something in lizardmen tongue. Without putting any thought on it, you put your head down and the exhaustion from all the adventuring you've done today washes over you, making you fall asleep instantly.

You suddenly open your eyes, finding yourself in an unknown place. Something about yourself seems off, but, although you don't feel tired anymore, there is a pressing sensation in your head, making it hard to really focus on anything. You struggle to get up, your limbs feeling like they're weighted down with lead, and when you eventually get up, you notice that everything is blurred.

Despite the lack clarity, the place around you gives you a strong sense of nostalgia. It brings back memories of something distant, faded, of combat coated in pride and glory...

Of a life you left behind.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Chick

Nez'gol
---

Rethi-Eli

Mercenary 4

You inhale, then exhale, reaching a higher state. At first there is only a smoky blackness, seemingly veiling your senses, but then a small spark appears. A life, insignificant compared to yours, burrowing in the dirt below you. A worm, perhaps, or some small critter.

You inhale and exhale, focusing. You feel your perception broaden, and in just a few moments the black veil is filled with many, many lights. Some close, most away. Small ones cluster together like fireflies, with a few wayward sparks zipping around, aimlessly. The bigger are remote and alone, or in small groups. Two catch your attention; They clash against each other, trying to consume the other's shine. You watch until the second's spark starts fading, slowly at first, but it clashes again with the first and it is extinguished.

You continue this observation, utterly oblivious to the flow of time, until a wave of energy washes over you. It completely blinds your vision and the feel of a vengeful flame overwhelms your senses. The surprise that comes makes your concentration slip.

You find yourself back in the cave you call home, sitting cross-legged on the cold stone. You lay there, still shocked. You distantly register the sound of the waterfall close-by.

---

TricMagic

Empire 1

Skipped, see Roll 51.
---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Fenrir

Carola
---

Crimson

Empire 2

An unknown emotion flashes over the dragoness' eyes at your first statement, she exhales loudly and seems to bring her wings closer to her body. She doesn't sit like that long, however, because your question intrigues her.

"The leader of the Order." she states, leaning her head closer to you. "Yes, I do. He's pretty ambitious for a mor-... erm, for a... humanoid?" at the last part the reptile glances at Brussian, who seems to be helping Saraqael with something. "Eitherway, what business do you have with someone like him?" she finally asks, fixating you with her large, green gaze.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Saraqael
--

_DivideByZero_

Order 1

"I... We-well, that i-is, I..." Rosa is taken aback by your question. She pauses and spins around to glance at Kratin. "I su-suppose I'll s-s-stay here for no-now... If i-i-it's no-not a problem, I-I mean..." she stutters, looking between the two of you.

"Doubt it'll be problem. Don't worry yerself." the skeleton replies with what, you assume, is a reassuring tone.

"Acolyte, thanks for waiting for me-" you're startled by a familiar voice, and turning towards the entrance you see chaplain Dur'toj standing in front of the door. "Acolyte Kratin, what's your bussiness here?" he asks before turning towards the fairy. "And who is this?" his slitted eyes flash with suspicion as they go over her tiny frame.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Rosa

Kratin
---

Rautherdir

Order 2

You get short-term amnesia and, in your confusion, you try to channel the Magicka in the white strings and absorb it.

(Roll to succeed {INT}: 1 + 1 = 2)

It seems that the harder you try the worse the situation gets, because now the strings are starting to envelop your form and cause actual pain. To top it all off, you're starting to feel less and less in touch with your senses, the room around you becoming blurry.

"Whatever you're doing, stop." the dragon's strained voice sounds distant, although you make out a few more orange patterns lighting up on his body. "Or you'll be gone for good, this..." you can't quite make the last part out.

---
Enemies:
---
Allies:
---

randomgenericusername
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 11:15:44 am by Neoexdeath »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 28, 2018, 04:04:38 pm »

"Mimic. Annoying bastards."

Check what was inside its mouth.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 29, 2018, 07:37:57 am »

"I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON OTHER THAN THAT I'M DYING! I think I'm going deaf, too! ...How am I going deaf, though? I don't have ears that could be damaged or rendered useless! I don't have sensory organs, but the pain is still there! It's always there!"

Manus start to violently shake and scream like a madman.

"I don't know what did I agree to, but it was definitely NOT THIS! No no no no no no no! I don't want to die, Aldric. I won't die, I'm not going to die, I cannot die! Not now! So many things in this world, I want to know everything before I go. Not enough time! I did this so that I couldn't die. But I'm still dying! You told me the circle was going to work and make me immortal, Aldric! YOU BETRAYED ME!"

Focus again and attack the strings with Shadow Fragment. I don't want my adventure to end so early! So much things left to discover during this life! No, I don't want to die! Otherwise, I'll forget everything again!
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 29, 2018, 05:09:09 pm »

"Gratia! Audere est facere! Arrogance is the currency of war, truely, I am the heir of an limitless estate! The fenrir spirit bites and chews at the steel chains of death, at the bindings of yesterday's wisdom! I bid all of my arrogance and borrowed time on the vindication of my ignorance, on your destruction! My vanity is tomorrow's wisdom: this is project of my battle!"

Nayrous throws up his parchment draped arms, rod clutched in his right, and his eyes burning with iridescent flame. Cast Saaris Touch on my target and then cast Shadow Blast. Forgive me Vanirillian!

"Princeps autem noctis, a heedless soul wanders the darkness!

Cordelia, Vanirillian, arte et marte! True friends, I beg you, attack!"
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 08:31:21 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 30, 2018, 07:17:06 pm »

"The three of us were on a small outing to retrieve a stolen item. Kratin and Rosa will still need to wrap up one or two small details here, but my part in that expedition is complete so the two of us can get along to our meeting; as long as there's nothing else you need to address."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 03, 2018, 05:22:00 pm »

"Do you often find him to be a thorn in your side? A nuisance?" Cyfraith basically wanted to ask if her goals aligned with the dragoness'.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 04, 2018, 04:00:03 pm »

I suppose I ought to look around.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 56) Roll to get zapped: Estratia (Waitlist Open)
« Reply #457 on: December 09, 2018, 07:26:54 pm »

Roll 56
----

Mercenary 1

"A mimic, here?" Daxon looks taken aback as he stares at the dead monster. "That is quite odd." he mutters as you rifle through it's maw, pulling out a small flower with large, translucent turquoise petals and a pair of well-made sandals with blue runes drawn all over them. The latter is unfortunately drenched in the mimic's saliva, if the stench is anything to go by.
---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Daxon
---

NRDL

Mercenary 2

"Empty words uttered by an equally empty husk." her voice is now a perfect copy of Vanina's, although the echo is still present. Her expression shows nothing but contempt as you take out your rod and begin casting.

(Nayrous: 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 7 vs 9 = 2 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 3 Dodge ??){1/2}
(Nayrous: 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 6 vs 9 = 2 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 3 Dodge ??){2/2 Judged}

She evades both spells rather easily, the Saaris' touch dissipating in the air and the bolt hitting the ground near the elf, startling him. Curiously, on your second attack a yellow aura flashed around you, somehow weakening you momentarily.

Nevertheless, Cordelia spreads his wings from atop your skull and lets out a shrill cry. You feel energy gather in the bird's body, but to your surprise, instead of casting it in an attack towards your enemy, he directs all of it towards you.

(Cordelia: Shadow Rage roll 3 damage)

Your runes glow with an intense red as pieces of your bones begin to dissolve in pure blackness, before dissipating into nothingness as a result of your companion's enchantment; However, you also feel greatly empowered, raw energy surging through your being, begging to be let out.

The impersonator sneers at the display and launches two fireballs at you!

(??: 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 10 vs 11 = 1 - 3 - 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 4 Parry Nayrous){1/2}
(??: 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 10 vs 10 = 1 - 3 - 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 3 Parry Nayrous){1/2}

But your magical defenses endure both blasts, their flames flying around you harmlessly before dying out.

"Ju-just what is your problem?!" Vanina asks, looking just about to launch her own fiery punishment.
"His" she almost spits out the word "continued existence is an abomination to nature itself."
"Why do you-" the other begins.
"Enough." the stranger's grave tone silences the woman. "If you wished to consider my point of view, you would not be standing by that echo of a man." at this, Vanina just grimaces then launches a blinding flare followed by a fireball...

(Vanina: 6 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 12 vs 12 = 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 5 Dodge ??) (Punished)
(Vanina: 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 9 vs 10 = 1 - 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 3 Dodge ??) (Punished)

But yet again she pivots out of the way of both spells, although you notice her having to distort her body a little to avoid the flare. In the meantime, though, you notice the same aura from earlier around Vanina and it doesn't look like it's going away as quickly this time.

---
Enemies:

??
---
Allies:

Vanina

Cordelia
--
WunderKatze

Mercenary 3

Many images fly around you, and you can only catch glimpses of them. Some are of events or even people you feel a distant connection to, even someone you unconsciously label as 'rival'. You don't have the energy to dwell on it, though, as all these floating images are only making your headache worse.

After what seems like an eternity, but most probably is actually just a few minutes, an object comes into your view. Unlike the rest of this place it isn't blurred, and you can clearly see it's features: it looks like a polished stone with a white O and a vertical line going right through the middle carved in it.

The realization comes to you immediately: it's the artifact you used to get rid of your power and immortality.

"So you used the Dako sigil. Hm." a thoughtful voice echoes in your head suddenly.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Sparky (Unavailable)

Nez'gol (Unavailable)
---

Rethi-Eli

Mercenary 4

You inhale, then exhale, reaching a higher state. At first there is only a smoky blackness, seemingly veiling your senses, but then a small spark appears. A life, insignificant compared to yours, burrowing in the dirt below you. A worm, perhaps, or some small critter.

You inhale and exhale, focusing. You feel your perception broaden, and in just a few moments the black veil is filled with many, many lights. Some close, most away. Small ones cluster together like fireflies, with a few wayward sparks zipping around, aimlessly. The bigger are remote and alone, or in small groups. Two catch your attention; They clash against each other, trying to consume the other's shine. You watch until the second's spark starts fading, slowly at first, but it clashes again with the first and it is extinguished.

You continue this observation, utterly oblivious to the flow of time, until a wave of energy washes over you. It completely blinds your vision and the feel of a vengeful flame overwhelms your senses. The surprise that comes makes your concentration slip.

You find yourself back in the cave you call home, sitting cross-legged on the cold stone. You lay there, still shocked. You distantly register the sound of the waterfall close-by.

---

TricMagic

Empire 1

Skipped, see Roll 51.
---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Fenrir

Carola
---

Crimson

Empire 2

The dragoness' features contort in what you guess is irritation as she curls her upper lip, revealing her teeth.

"Answer my question first." she says, her tone even more suspicious. "Otherwise you're getting no reply from me." she adds.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Saraqael
--

_DivideByZero_

Order 1

At your words Dur'toj gives Kratin and Rosa an inquisitive stare. After a moment the former speaks up.

"Ya heard the fella. We two went and took my scimitar from some fairy thief in a cave and found this girlie there as well." the skeleton explains, gesturing towards the nereid, who is trying to seem as small as possible. "We brought her here 'cause the cave started collapsing."

"... Yes, I think I understand." the lizardman replies slowly. "Lady, go down those stairs one level and seek the third room on the right side." he says towards Rosa, which makes her yelp, pointing his thumb over his shoulder towards the entrance. "There you'll find someone who can arrange your stay." he sounds confused at her reaction. The girl stammers something before flying away. As her tiny figure disappears down the stairs, Dur'toj looks at Kratin expectantly.

"I promised the fella that I'd help him with the task he needs to do now." the undead responds after a moment. "... With ye, I guess." he adds.

"Fine." the chaplain says curtly and turns towards you. "Before we go, I need to know more about your magical capabilities." he takes out a blank scroll holds it out to you. "This is a mage vel, if you put a drop of your blood on it it will measure your current mastery of Magicka in general." he explains, handing you a small knife.

---
Enemies:

---
Allies:

Kratin
---

Rautherdir

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 56) Roll get zapped: Estratia (Waitlist Open)
« Reply #458 on: December 09, 2018, 07:27:21 pm »

Order 2

You begin rambling and screaming about dying, immortality and some Aldric person before focusing the last of your energies and launching a shadow fragment towards the base of the stone foundation supporting the stand because that's where the strings look like they're coming from.

(Manus: 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 10 vs 1 = 1 Null Stone)

The spell causes a significant explosion, although it seems to have only destroyed a chunk of the chiselled rock, the white strings now going over the small crater you made, much to your further despair. Before you can try anything else, though, you hear some words before blue flashes across the room...

(Old man: 3 + 3 + 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 1 = 13 vs 10 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 4 Dodge Manus)

Blue lightning hits you right in the center of your being, throwing you onto the floor. You don't seem hurt, but your body of shadows is unresponsive.

"Is he...?" Tyler asks, walking over to you.

"No. I only immobilized him." an unknown voice replies, probably the silent man's. "It won't last long, however." he adds.

"It will do." Vener rumbles. For a minute the silence falls upon the room, save for the occasional scraping of the dragon's talons or scales on stone. Eventually you hear a loud huff before the sound of something falling heavily on the floor.

"Can you get up, acolyte?" the armored human says, leaning over you. You realize that you now can, so you get back on your feet. A quick inspection reveals that the white string are completely gone, although an airy feeling lingers in your body, but also that now your left hand is enveloped in some sort of white-gray substance from elbow to the tip of your fingers.

---
Enemies:
---
Allies:
---

randomgenericusername

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 09, 2018, 10:08:35 pm »

Equip the sandals, and ask Daxon if he found anything interesting in the desk. While waiting for his answer, continue exploring.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 10, 2018, 10:36:52 am »

"Hmm... I must admit, it looks strangely familiar... but I'm not worried about some stone right now. Who is it that has the audacity to intrude in my own mind without my permit? I don't suppose there's much a name would avail me, but... hospitality comes first, even in what I can only assume is my own dream."
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 11, 2018, 11:14:21 pm »

"I... I was dying. I felt it. That... That thing was... It was..."

Manus looks at his hands in shock and clutches his head, trembling with fear.

"I was fading away from this world. A horrible experience. A familiar one. No. No! I want to stay here! I don't want to remember this! I don't want to! I don't want. I don't... Want..."

Manus then relaxes and goes back to normal.

"...What did just happen? My arm is white now... Vener? The ritual... What did you do to me?"

Ask for an explanation. Did they just try to... sacrifice me? What was the ritual for? Why did they want me to do the ritual?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: December 12, 2018, 03:08:57 pm »

"Alright, here you are."

Draw some blood from a palm with the dagger, then apply the blood to the Mage vel.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: December 15, 2018, 02:13:22 pm »

"I think it is pretty obvious that I am only trying to kill him," Cyfraith said with a contorted expression. "It seems that he is unpopular in some circles. Of course I cannot pass up an opportunity for an ally, but it seems you've your own business to attend to."
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: (Roll 56x) Roll to thressia: Estratia (Waitlist Open)
« Reply #464 on: December 16, 2018, 02:28:57 pm »

Mercenary 3

"Hmm... I must admit, it looks strangely familiar... but I'm not worried about some stone right now. Who is it that has the audacity to intrude in my own mind without my permit? I don't suppose there's much a name would avail me, but... hospitality comes first, even in what I can only assume is my own dream."

"You can sense me? Interesting." you feel a note of surprise enter the intruder's tone, and right after they finish the sentence a tall man appears before you, the stone floating between you two. His thin figure's attire, from the close-fitted robe and the long cloak draped over his shoulders to the simple pants, is completely black, although you note he is barefoot. His features are plain, save for his curly chocolate brown hair, somewhere between long and short. "This form should make discussion easier for you." he states, giving you a small smile. "And although I know this tells you nothing, I will still give my name: Edward." he adds, making a simple bow.

Empire 2

"I think it is pretty obvious that I am only trying to kill him," Cyfraith said with a contorted expression. "It seems that he is unpopular in some circles. Of course I cannot pass up an opportunity for an ally, but it seems you've your own business to attend to."

At your words the dragoness regards you with disbelief and another feeling you don't really understand.

"Yeah, you did imply it, but..." she gives you another look-over, deep in thought. "You were right earlier, his Order has started stealing drake eggs lately, and I can't just let that pass." she says eventually, lifting her head. "But before we start working together, I need to know how powerful and trustworthy you are." the reptile adds.

"Well, how'd you like us to prove that to you, if I may ask?" Brussian replies, walking besides you with Saraqael coming right behind him.

"I guess you can do a task for me." you're not really good at interpreting a dragon's facial expression, but you swear she's smirking at you right now.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 34