Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Once a Millennium Crafting Tournament  (Read 2735 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Once a Millennium Crafting Tournament
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2018, 08:38:11 pm »

Er, the turn is slightly broke...

Spoiler: Sankis' Turn (click to show/hide)
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2018, 09:36:45 am »

Spoiler: Creation Turn 3 (click to show/hide)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2018, 12:37:35 am »

Now for the crafting stage! This one will likely be short as it is only the first of three. Anyway first up is Ravana.

Spoiler: Ravana’s Turn (click to show/hide)

Ravana kneels, head bowed, before the partly-finished structure and spends the entire allotted time chanting an elaborate sutra, marking out a rhythm on the floor with the Hammer. [2] Chi tries to flow and funnel into the structure but doesn’t quite get started. [5] Lightning strikes it from somewhere, occasionally and this causes the stagnant Chi to show signs of moving though more is need to be done.

Next up we have Erin who seems to want to continue on stabilizing the death area!

Spoiler: Erin Quill’s Turn (click to show/hide)

[3] He starts by just re-attempting his previous work. That does make the area lean more towards Earth and Stone but not enough. [3+1] The next attempt he uses some tools from his workshop. This really gets things moving and just one more thing left to cap it off. [4+1] Luckily he manages to cap off this project beautifully. While there are still wisps of death energy floating around from his failed attempts hopefully that won't matter in the long run.

Congratulations to him for stabilizing his forest anyway next is Marlene!

Spoiler: Marlene’s Turn (click to show/hide)

She seems to just want to do some floral patterns. In her own blood mind you but still. [3] Her first attempt ends badly as she pierces through the paper staining the opposing side and tearing it. [1] Next attempt and she forget her finger was still bleeding from the first attempt and smudges the paper badly. In fact she now has only one piece of paper left. [5] Finally though she manages it on her third and final attempt. Marlene now has a sheet of paper with a floral pattern drawn in her own blood.

Okay, that is lovely. Now what will Sankis show us?

Spoiler: Sankis’ Turn (click to show/hide)

Not having enough Soul Gold it seems he has decided on a smaller automaton, dwarf sized actually. Anyway first he starts with making a heart of gold, Soul Gold that is. [6] He goes into a creation frenzy and seems to forget the world around him. The end result is a seamless heart that should be perfect for his goal. The ‘Should’ part because at this point he can’t really remember how he made it. Shrugging he moves onto a brain of Soul Silver [4] though this time it isn’t quite as successful. The brain will work and he can only hope the heart will make up for it. [1] The bones however evade him. Mostly because it seems he used too much on the brain. He isn’t sure how more material fit into the brain then the space it occupies but that is just how life works sometimes. [1] Trying with Soul Copper fails as well. As far as he can tell Soul metals just aren’t right for a skeletal system as that seems to be a more solid and physical system. [1] The same seems to be partly true for the innards. [5] Luckily his second attempt shows him the error in his previous attempt. Instead of attempting to simulate the physical aspects of the body he crafts it after the mystical side of it. Though even this insight wont let him make the bones of a Soul metal. [6] Losing himself in his work again he manages to use up the remaining Soul Copper on the skin. Once again he isn't sure how he fit all in. Now if it was for the lack of bones it would be hard to tell his automaton from a real dwarf made to look like copper. The heart and skin harmonize [3] however his staff is unable to finish the work. Maybe once he can figure out what to make the bones out of it will work?

Finally we have Cacaw who seems to want his material a bit more demonic.

Spoiler: Cacaw’s Turn (click to show/hide)

[3] He starts with a simple demonic ritual but the holy energy remains strong. With a sigh he attempts something a bit bigger. He performs the rites and lets his own blood [2] however it seems whatever holy being died to make this aura was much stronger than him or the lord he tricked. He will probably require some heavy corrupting materials. [6] Sighing he moves on and attempts to add runes and demonic scripts to the alloys and sphere. The script reacts to the holy power in the material and they feed off of eachother. The materials have now become nearly immune to extreme temperatures and have hardened to nearly legendary levels.

Announcer - Okay, with that the round has ended! Now we only have 2 more rounds each with their own gathering, preparation, and crafting steps to go. Anyway onto another bit of gather for our contestants! This time depending on how they describe things there are a few twists possible and if nothing would happen we have a wonderful wheel of nonsense! This wonderful Artifact was developed in one of the past tournaments by an ambitious Genie and we can alway enjoy what it spits out here!
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2018, 12:53:00 am »

I thought I would have more gathering time o.o
Is there any way to get more time?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 07:42:36 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2018, 01:11:56 am »

((Just going to note, you have a full DECADE of time to gather stuff. The first round was you all getting your 'sea legs' as it were. Go all out and try to grab all you can. The only limit is on where you get sent. However your an immortal so probably have a method of traveling a world quickly and you could ask to be set down in a world with certain characteristics. Basically go wild.))
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2018, 05:04:56 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2018, 07:39:27 am »

((Just going to note, you have a full DECADE of time to gather stuff. The first round was you all getting your 'sea legs' as it were. Go all out and try to grab all you can. The only limit is on where you get sent. However your an immortal so probably have a method of traveling a world quickly and you could ask to be set down in a world with certain characteristics. Basically go wild.))
Ah, ok. Thanks.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2018, 12:34:32 am »

I seem to have lost track of this tab for a while, although I'm not too apologetic since I'm not the last one to reply by far. :P

Spoiler: Ravana (click to show/hide)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2018, 11:42:36 am »

Spoiler: Sankis (click to show/hide)
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2018, 09:04:11 pm »

Spoiler: Harvesting Turn 4 (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 2 [3]