Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 86

Author Topic: COVEN: Gulled Goldsmiths and Lost Locomotives  (Read 145886 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: a RTD about Urban Witchcraft (Full, Waitlist Open)
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2017, 01:55:41 am »

Dammit, this filled up mighty fast.

Reserving a spot on the waitlist, and get to killing quickly! >:)

Spoiler: Megalo (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 02:26:48 am by Egan_BW »
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2017, 05:48:29 am »

Apologies, posted accidentally.
One wheel short of a wagon

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2017, 06:47:36 am »

Weapons

"Always liked that bit."

The heavyset bald man in front of you stuffs his speech into a pocket of his already bulging overalls and looks you up and down.

"Name's Vince, but you can call me Sir if you like. I'm in charge of this deadbeat excuse for a chapter, which means you'll be on my orders for the foreseeable future. Now, you've been chosen because you have certain qualities, maybe a knack for witchcraft, which won't mean a fucking thing unless you keep your head down and do what I say because otherwise you'll be dead. Understood? Now let's get you some weapons."

He hands out badly photocopied manuals, glaring at anyone who moves or breathes particularly loudly.

"Get reading. You have a day to get your shit together and arm yourselves, and then it'll be time to move out.

Spoiler: Weapons of Witchcraft (click to show/hide)

Vince then gives each of you fifty pounds in cash and a card for public transport. He also hands out to everyone a certificate emblazoned with unintelligible runes and circles.

"This here's a cheque from the bossman Belial himself, meant to help out summoners just getting started. Means anyone has to give you a bit of occult medium in exchange if you ask, provided you don't go for the good stuff or look at them funny or try any ungrateful shit like that. London's pretty safe for someone with one of these, provided he's got a bit of ritual strength and keeps to himself. Otherwise, I wouldn't go wandering too far."

"Now bugger off and get your weapons together, alright? Try not to get killed doing it, and come back here at the end of the day."

You set out from in a failed industrial bit of East London, full of skips, dumps, motorways, crumbling tower blocks, charity shops, pawnbrokers, cheap restaurants, abandoned or failing factories, and hipster bakeries. From here, the entire city stretches out, or at least several train lines. Now is the time to decide what you're looking for and where you're going to go to find it. Or just where you're going to go and stare at all the magical creatures and people that were previously hidden from your mortal eyes.

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

Oh, and everyone feels two puissant clots, points of warmth and energy, formed at the periphery of their minds, as well as some small amount of puissance, like a coiled spring lodged deep in the brain. You can restat now, if you really want to, by the way.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 07:18:06 am by NJW2000 »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile

"Bye!" Look for magical weapons that I can actually use. If there are none, just buy a melee weapon.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 07:28:25 am by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Bye!" Look for magical weapons that I can actually use. If there are none, just buy a melee weapon.
How to put this... you create magical weapons, from ordinary objects. So you might turn anything staff-shaped into a staff, or anything wand-shaped into a wand. And doing so would use up a puissant clot (upgrade material). So currently you want to think of ordinary objects you want to turn into magical weapons. You can currently use anything with your stats, but you can really only obtain right now: wands, staffs, chalices, talismans, pendants, and brooms.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...*Looks at Cane*...Hell yes. Make the cane into a staff "Operation Cane Magic is a go!"
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile

"Hmm..."
I a head down ta the dump, lookin' for a saw, fail'in ta find somethin' short an' heavy, because tha' ought 'ta work for Plan A.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Hmm judging by the descriptions and my stats I should go for a Chalice and a Broomstick or pendant Yep yep yep. You say I got two of these things stuck to my brains right right? So can I make both? OH OH OH or can I make a chalice thats extra strong for demon summoning. But also maybe a broom because then I can bomb people with demons...Hmmm yes very interesting very good. So so so? What can I can I do? TELL ME MYSTERIOUS GENTLEMEN! Sand says, getting annoyingly in the man's face.

OOC questions
1. Pendants do miracles. What is a miracle? What does this include? What can I actually DO with it. And recharging them, how does that work?

2.How much put...putine...mana does it cost to summon a demon? Just one the first time and then none other times? Or do I have to pay one each time?

50 pounds is roughly 60 bucks by current standards, so I will go to my local boozery and buy a bottle of crystal skull booze. Those will run me about 27 bucks and are made of a nice thick glass that can survive a lot of punishment. I know because I have one.  Next, go to the hardware store and buy a knife. Then, get on the bus and take it around till I see a good looking demon or magical beastie. Ask them for some magical medium and have them put it in my skull chalice. Then cut the back of my arm a bit and pour some blood in with the magical medium.

Bing bang boom, magic chalice right?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 06:46:38 pm by piecewise »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

I'll move a point from Puissant Fettle to Ritual Potency.

"Three questions: First, would something covering a material used in creating something affect the magic of an object? For example, if I used a wooden spoon that was just used to stir chili, would the chili on the spoon affect the magical affect of the wand. Second, what amenities/housing are available to us as members of the Coven? Lastly, who would like to group up out in the city, for safety?"
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 11:15:14 am by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Yes. Especially if the spoon had a long or violent history of chili-stirring."

"Whoever survives the day gets to bunk in a rented garage, unless I fix up something better. When you get back and go on a mission, you get the choice of lockpicks, a knuckleduster, a throwing knife, heavy-duty fireworks or flares. Live longer and be helpful, and we'll bother giving you more illegal stuff. Oh, and if you get cut to pieces and manage to drag yourself to my feet, I'll heal you. Eventually."

"Good plan, I couldn't care less who goes with who."

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile

"I'll go with you I guess. I'm gonna be looking for materials for a chalice and a pendant."
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile

"I'm a gonna be making a wand or staff."
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile

"I'll make a wand..and since it requires another puissance to use, I won't use the other one. I probably can't go with a Chili-wand, anyway, since it would take a while to make chili in the first place.

Sand? You probably don't need to cut the top off. Besides- it would probably be less likely to spill."

..I'll probably go to some spare parts store or the like, and get a clock hand or something for my wand. Elbow-to-wrist would be a good size for it..I'll look around there, in case any other good wand materials come up..AHA!  If I get the clock hand, then I'll also buy a jar of molasses. Coat the tip of the hand with it, and I can slow down enemies!...Probably."
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"Yes. Especially if the spoon had a long or violent history of chili-stirring."

"Whoever survives the day gets to bunk in a rented garage, unless I fix up something better. When you get back and go on a mission, you get the choice of lockpicks, a knuckleduster, a throwing knife, heavy-duty fireworks or flares. Live longer and be helpful, and we'll bother giving you more illegal stuff. Oh, and if you get cut to pieces and manage to drag yourself to my feet, I'll heal you. Eventually."

"Good plan, I couldn't care less who goes with who."
Get right right RIGHT in this guy's face.

Hey, I got questions that you ain't answering, friendo. Whats up with that, huh? Assistance please, por favor.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well Gentlemen," Lootington sais, looking at the people who are forming a group, "I shall come with you on this fine day."

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 86