Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 86

Author Topic: COVEN: Gulled Goldsmiths and Lost Locomotives  (Read 145976 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Re: COVEN: Mission Two
« Reply #315 on: April 18, 2017, 08:20:32 am »

Welp, head to 05.  Try to jimmy the lock with a knife, if that's not feasible just break the door down (with a knife ready).  What's inside?

go with him, but stay somewhat out of the way.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: Mission Two
« Reply #316 on: April 18, 2017, 04:09:21 pm »

Knock on door 24. It's worth warning the person there that we're here, so they don't attack us if things go loud.
If the guy answers the door:
"Hello, we're with the Society of Dimensional Preservation. We've had some complaints about you weakening the fabric of reality to dangerous levels. Now, while we don't mind you using your ability to create portals for... recreation, you will need to be trained in the proper construction of them so that you don't accidentally summon an invasion force of prismatic horrors or the like. Fortunately, while the training process used to take weeks, recent magical rituals have enabled us to shorten the time required dramatically. If you would kindly come with us, we could get your dimensional magic stabilized within the hour."
Once I realize that he's saying bullshit, interrupt with this:

"Hey mate, we're witches. Fair warning; we're going to be doing some magical shit in this apartment, but it shouldn't interrupt your regularly scheduled whatever the fuck that is. Ignore my buddy, he's an idiot pathological liar."
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 18, 2017, 05:13:40 pm »

Knock on door 24. It's worth warning the person there that we're here, so they don't attack us if things go loud.
"Hello, we're with the Society of Dimensional Preservation. We've had some complaints about you weakening the fabric of reality to dangerous levels. Now, while we don't mind you using your ability to create portals for... recreation, you will need to be trained in the proper construction of them so that you don't accidentally summon an invasion force of prismatic horrors or the like. Fortunately, while the training process used to take weeks, recent magical rituals have enabled us to shorten the time required dramatically. If you would kindly come with us, we could get your dimensional magic stabilized within the hour."

"Hey mate, we're witches. Fair warning; we're going to be doing some magical shit in this apartment, but it shouldn't interrupt your regularly scheduled whatever the fuck that is. Ignore my buddy, he's an idiot pathological liar."
Why are you doing this?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 18, 2017, 06:12:03 pm »

Because you're doing something nonconductive to what my goal was when I knocked on that door. I even stated what my goal was as part of said action.
What do you even plan on doing with the person if they agree to go with you?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 18, 2017, 06:38:19 pm »

I Think ATHATH was planning on Stuffing 'em in the back of the Van to see what happens, it fits with his Mode of operation at least.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 18, 2017, 06:44:13 pm »

That sounds incredibly unwise, and at the least would almost certainly compromise our ability to carry out the actual objective.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 18, 2017, 06:50:30 pm »

That sounds incredibly unwise, and at the least would almost certainly compromise our ability to carry out the actual objective.
But he's the recluse, no?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 18, 2017, 07:02:20 pm »

11, 12, 14, 23, 24, 26, 31 all don't talk or go out much, she thinks, but she sees them all fairly regularly, if not very often.

hasn't seen 06 and 05 in some time, she's starting to get worried about it. She also only saw 06 once, a foreign young man.

THUS 24 Belongs to a Magic Addict who comes and goes fairly regularly.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 18, 2017, 07:44:40 pm »

11, 12, 14, 23, 24, 26, 31 all don't talk or go out much, she thinks, but she sees them all fairly regularly, if not very often.

hasn't seen 06 and 05 in some time, she's starting to get worried about it. She also only saw 06 once, a foreign young man.

THUS 24 Belongs to a Magic Addict who comes and goes fairly regularly.
Well, maybe his lack of ambition and desire to be able to do his drugs in peace is why he's a recluse. He still has to leave his apartment to buy groceries/supplies and such.

Just... let me do my thing, okay? If he's not the recluse, oh well, we can just try the next guy (and if getting the wrong guy will irrepairably damage the machinery, we can always just stall/do portal drugs until the rest of the team finishes searching the other rooms).

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 18, 2017, 07:46:06 pm »

Also, I'd like you all to keep in mind that we're basically going to have to con this guy into getting into the van; trying to take him there by force is a terrible idea and will get us all killed.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 18, 2017, 08:04:24 pm »

Depends on what his Quest/fate/Ect was, If he was supposed to cure magical Cancer viva Healing touch or Cause magical World peace Viva an inability to cause harm while in his presence...
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 18, 2017, 08:34:05 pm »

Depends on what his Quest/fate/Ect was, If he was supposed to cure magical Cancer viva Healing touch or Cause magical World peace Viva an inability to cause harm while in his presence...
It doesn't matter what his destiny was- his power will grow the closer we are to defeating him, thus effectively negating any progress that we make (unless we try to make him feel overconfident or the like, but that still falls under the category of "deception/conning").

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 18, 2017, 11:16:00 pm »

24 is not the recluse. Recluses are people who hide from anything magical, not people who open sockets in reality for fun and profit.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: Breaking and Entering
« Reply #328 on: April 19, 2017, 02:05:21 pm »

Whelp, I'm going to Break into Room 6 Viva window.

Okaaay, so the break-in. You do a broom-assisted hop onto the balcony, a few metres above the ground, and begin prying at the window.

6+3+2

You unscrew the screws around the base of the window with your bare hands, use them to open the window lock, then remove the entire pane of glass and the wood around it from the now empty window frame, all silently.

You see a bed with two young men dressed entirely in black lying on it, peeping through a chink in the curtains. You can't see anything of the other room/kitchen without going into the apartment or unlocking the balcony door.

Welp, head to 05.  Try to jimmy the lock with a knife, if that's not feasible just break the door down (with a knife ready).  What's inside?

go with him, but stay somewhat out of the way.
The two of you head to the end of the corridor on the first floor. The apartments are arranged something like this, by the way:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Prac: 3

You weaken the lock with a knife. Then you just kick the damn door down and rush whoever's inside.

Which is nobody.

There are signs of a struggle in the kitchen, though no blood, just knocked-over stuff.

The balcony door is unlocked but closed. So you could have just unlocked it.

And seeing as you're bound to ask anyway, there are one or two objects you could sell, but no visible cash or jewellery.

Derrick just stands there awkwardly, wondering what an accomplice at a break-in is meant to do.

Thank secretary for her time, and enter earshot of door 24.
You observe your companions knocking. A slightly tubby, thiryish man, unshaven, opens the door. And he stinks of raw, unwashed power. Other unwashed stuff too, like alcohol, but mostly power.

You gain a puissant clot. And step back towards the stairwell at the end of the corridor just the teeniest bit.

The man that walks out gives out an incredible impression of magical power and importance. His pupils are dilated, there's a thin trail of dribble wetting his shirt, and his baggy cargo pants display an unappetising bulge. Overall, a thirtish badly kempt man.

He interrupts the two of you as you fall over one another to talk to him.

"What the fuck are you on about? I don't know you or this bullshit. Can you just go away?"

The two of you gain a puissant clot each just from seeing him. He's that blatant a wellspring of arcane energy.

The man seems visibly nervous and upset.

You can keep track of the rooms yourselves by now.

Spoiler: sheets (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: Breaking and Entering
« Reply #329 on: April 19, 2017, 02:18:38 pm »

"Hey! Yeah, we just noticed your big powerful magical aura and wanted to see what's up with that! Like, haha, can you give me a few tips, because wow~"

Hey, look at that. I want that.
This is I N T O X I C A T I N G
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 09:22:43 pm by Egan_BW »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 86