Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 86

Author Topic: COVEN: Gulled Goldsmiths and Lost Locomotives  (Read 144507 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: Breaking and Entering
« Reply #345 on: April 21, 2017, 12:25:43 pm »

Pm'd action.
Really? Because I just see questions.
One wheel short of a wagon

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 23, 2017, 05:08:53 am »

"Kill him real quick for me and I'll stop bothering you. I'll keep anyone from bothering you again."

Wand parry stance.
"Now who's spewing lies? Leave the poor sod alone; sweatpants guy isn't going to be interested in hooking himself up to the demagifier, and he likely never will."

Pm'd action.
You watch Ellen vault the guy cringing and screaming on the floor. He seems to be in serious pain right now. Ellen runs into the apartment, grabbing a roomba wrapped in barbed wire from her bag, and kicks open the balcony doors. Oh well, so much for teamkilling.

You get your puissance back, and study the weeping man at your feet.

Then the lift at the end of the corridor opens, and two men wearing conical metal hats and lacquered iron breastplates rush out and towards you. They look slightly over-real, a bit Hollywood in fact, armor too gritty, faces muddied and blood-dotted, the designs on their katanas too embellished. They look more like a B-movie version of Japanese infantry than the real thing. Which isn't to say that their swords can't fuck you up.

Poke the corpse with a knife to ensure that it's dead.  If it is, return to the receptionist, say the below, in a very relaxed tone despite the screaming from upstairs.

"Well miss, got some bad news and some good news.  Good news, 06 and 05 ain't the sort we're looking for, so they're no danger.  06 seems to be fine, too, buddy of mine was talking to him.  Bad news, 05 was drained of blood and jammed in her freezer for some reason.  Prolly pretty dead, I poked her and she didn't react at all."

Ben pauses here to take a bite of a sandwich, completelt unhurried.  After chewing for a few seconds, he takes out a knife and stabs it into the table in front of the receptionist, and resumes speaking.

"I could easily understand if you want to call the cops, being a civvie and all, but I gotta recommend against it.  We don't really like them screwing with our operations, and 05 looked pretty lonely in her freezer.  You get me?"

If the receptionist starts calling the cops, or already has, draw the P90 and put a single bullet between her eyes.  Otherwise, continue snacking on sandwiches.
Your manner is suitably intimidating, and the terrified woman just edges away silently, desperately gripping the arms of her chair.

Then three jokers with katanas coming running towards the lobby. Their armour seems to be a mixture of plate metal and bamboo for christ's sake, and they're dressed in some stupid historical costume. Another one runs past you from under the desk, going for the ground floor corridor Goethe's on. Looks like you aren't the only group with an interest in this recluse guy.

Grab Coins, Flash Everyone in the room, get on broom, Jump back out Now empty window.
Are you sure you just want the coins? They'd make a lot of noise. Perhaps some magical metal from the coffin parts? Could make a decent sword if we ever get a gem. Anyway, I'll try to keep him distracted for a few moments. Should give you time to get some good stuff.

"Y-you misunderstand me, sir. I was asking the question in case you were a recluse, y'know, a person who hides from their fated potential. I-I was expecting the recluse to have unusual items they didn't want around, so I thought my question was inconspicuous enough to be looked over by others, especially those who were normal. I apologize for any inconvenience I am causing you, sir, and hope that we can just go on our merry ways."

Keep my neck safe while saying this, and don't say it hurriedly. If he tries to turn around, present him with the magical item certificate, so that he has to give me some magical item. If he sees Jimmy, summon two ice-cream demons between him and Jimmy, and one between me and him, and cast the bone wand's mind spell on him while he's turned around.
Grab Coins, Flash Everyone in the room, get on broom, Jump back out Now empty window.
Goethe keeps talking long enough for Jimmy to grab the coins and get his wand out.

The resulting flash of light briefly stuns everybody nearby, including Goethe, brilliant white light blossoming behind his eyes and obscuring his vision.

When he comes too, he sees three furious pale men in evening dress standing around rubbing their eyes angrily, and what looks like a feudal japanese infantryman, complete with katana, running at him from room 05, which doesn't make much sense seeing as the room was empty, but oh well.

Jimmy meanwhile has leapt on his broom with his prize and is several blocks away by this point.

"Kill him real quick for me and I'll stop bothering you. I'll keep anyone from bothering you again."

Wand parry stance.
Screw it. Why Should I go along with this guy's fucking psychotic breakdown? Escape out the window and to the street using my broom. Parry magic, Dodge physical.
You run through the dark and fetid apartment, kick down a glass door leading onto the balcony, slip the roomba under you, and in one effortless sweep you descend two floors and onto the pavement outside.
You see Jimmy clutching a jingling bag and making his way away rather sharpish.

just back away slowly,and don't question what is going on here like a normal person would.
You tread softly back into the spiral stairwell, which resounds with frantic footfalls. You catch a glimpse of someone in eastern garb running up the flight of stairs above you, though you couldn't for the life of you say where he'd come from. A similarly dressed man holding a very convincing sword is coming up the flight below you.

Spoiler: sheets (click to show/hide)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 23, 2017, 10:49:33 am »

attempt to nonviolently stop and question the man with the sword. If he turns violent on me, bash him off the stairway with my car door riot staff-shield. Then cast stab with my knife-wand and aim for the head.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 23, 2017, 12:28:49 pm »

Sir Worthington IV (yes, I have to type his full name every time) calms down a bit.

@Katana men: "And who might you be?"

((OOC: I'm actually kind of glad that that situation defused itself. Egan, just so that you know, Sir Worthington IV probably won't attack Ellen on-sight the next time that they meet (unless she taunts him again).))
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: April 23, 2017, 02:10:41 pm »

((It probably won't involve taunting, but it will involve yelled abuse.))

Find a stupid katana man and shoot his sword out of this hand with my wand.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: April 23, 2017, 03:42:52 pm »

I honestly feel like that flash did more harm than good. The spell, too. you should've stolen part of the coffin. Oh well, I have Isolation, so I have a fighting chance.

"..What the hell were those katana guys doing here? They must be after the coffin's loot, too..."
Attempt to reason that the katana guys wanted to steal stuff from the coffin, and took things from their apartment. Just say the above for now, though. Approach the katana-wielder, summon two ice cream demons in front of him, and use the tooth spell on the him.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Re: COVEN: Breaking and Entering
« Reply #351 on: April 23, 2017, 08:11:24 pm »

Ben takes a moment to swallow the last few bites of sandwich, then raises an eyebrow at the woman while pulling out his P90. "My God, you had a man under there?  Just crazy, I can't believe that free love bullshit didn't die off decades ago!"  He stabs his knife into the desk and racks his gun, before picking the knife back up and taking aim at the oncoming infantry.  "Listen miss, you should find a nice british man to settle down with, not these fucks, last time I fought them they got nuked to hell.  And keep your damn pants on while outside your house, it's just common decency!"

Start taking out the oncoming trio with short bursts of SMG fire, while still holding a knife in the bracing arm.    If they get close, be prepared to parry and riposte with the knife.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 23, 2017, 10:50:06 pm »

Get back and Head back in, Not to Room 6, to the building in general.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 24, 2017, 04:00:30 am »

attempt to nonviolently stop and question the man with the sword. If he turns violent on me, bash him off the stairway with my car door riot staff-shield. Then cast stab with my knife-wand and aim for the head.
He doesn't exactly turn violent, he just keeps running at you holding a katana in front of him. Grappling being a poor defense against impalement, you go into combat.

1+1 vs 2+1

You raise your heavy shield and use the greatshield spell in the nick of time. As it expands to completely hide you from your assailant, you hear two quick slashes score the scrap metal and feel your power draining. (-1 Puissance)
Time to retaliate.

5+1 vs 6+1

Your assailant attempts an ambitious spinning overhead slice, and you catch him off balance with a perfectly timed shield blow. Sending him flying over the handrail, he falls several floors to the bottom, crumpling horribly as he lands. The "crunch" sound echoes up to you milliseconds later.

You could still cast "stab", but it would just be gratuitous. This guy really isn't getting up.

Phew. That took a fair bit of puissance.

Ben takes a moment to swallow the last few bites of sandwich, then raises an eyebrow at the woman while pulling out his P90. "My God, you had a man under there?  Just crazy, I can't believe that free love bullshit didn't die off decades ago!"  He stabs his knife into the desk and racks his gun, before picking the knife back up and taking aim at the oncoming infantry.  "Listen miss, you should find a nice british man to settle down with, not these fucks, last time I fought them they got nuked to hell.  And keep your damn pants on while outside your house, it's just common decency!"

Start taking out the oncoming trio with short bursts of SMG fire, while still holding a knife in the bracing arm.    If they get close, be prepared to parry and riposte with the knife.

3+2.5+1, 6+2.5+1 vs 4+1, 6+1, 5+1

The trio react surprising well to the machine gun fire shattering the glass entrance to the building, separating and ducking behind pillars wherever possible. You manage to hit one in the leg as he rolls into cover, and you get the second two with one burst as they charge through the shattered lobby window, felling them with body blows. Hell, even the way they die is weird: dramatic collapses and lunges like you've never seen. They're pretty dead through, it's fine.

You walk round to where you last saw the injured one, and he's gone. Just vanished somehow. A comprehensive survey suggests he must have run away. Weird. You also have an odd amount of ammo left.

Get back and Head back in, Not to Room 6, to the building in general.
You wander back to the front entrance, pause politely to one side as Ben guns down a pair of attackers with swords. From the look of them, they're either Japanese infantrymen pretending to be in historical dress, or people in really good historical dress pretending to be Japanese infantrymen.

((It probably won't involve taunting, but it will involve yelled abuse.))

Find a stupid katana man and shoot his sword out of this hand with my wand.
You get back to the building and enter, hearing sounds of gunfire. The receptionist looks terrified, Jimmy is wandering in too, and there are two dead guys with katanas on the floor. Neat. Katana get.

Sir Worthington IV (yes, I have to type his full name every time) calms down a bit.

@Katana men: "And who might you be?"

((OOC: I'm actually kind of glad that that situation defused itself. Egan, just so that you know, Sir Worthington IV probably won't attack Ellen on-sight the next time that they meet (unless she taunts him again).))
The katana wielder replies by screaming and lunging at you. Some people are like that.

5 vs 2+1

You twist out the way and into the Recluse's apartment. Your attacker seems not to notice the screaming man on the floor, and swings at you again. You hastily slam the door in his face and jump back.

Nothing happens for several seconds. Then, with the katana wielder nowhere in sight, the door falls of its hinges and the Recluse steps through. He is no longer screaming, and looks at you coldly if a little unsteadily.

"Get. Out. Now. Forever."

Along the corridor between you and the stairwell, guided by the hand of the Recluse, drops of clear liquid trickle out of the air and begin to swirl around and around, faster and faster. When they touch the walls, they fizzle and smoke.

You remember what Vince said about not letting this guy become too powerful?

I honestly feel like that flash did more harm than good. The spell, too. you should've stolen part of the coffin. Oh well, I have Isolation, so I have a fighting chance.

"..What the hell were those katana guys doing here? They must be after the coffin's loot, too..."
Attempt to reason that the katana guys wanted to steal stuff from the coffin, and took things from their apartment. Just say the above for now, though. Approach the katana-wielder, summon two ice cream demons in front of him, and use the tooth spell on the him.

5+2, 1+1 vs 5+1

You start to summon your two demons, but certain things happen very fast. The man you were talking to in evening dress stops glaring at you but leaps in front of you, moving through the doorway, around you, and into the path of the katana user unbelievably smoothly. Your bloodied beast tooth hits the ceiling, embedding itself there with a thud, and the man holding the sword ducks back, his wrist bloodied. The long nails of the vampire front of you are streaked crimson as well.

Then the katana user just disappears, right as you summon two demons: short, frost-covered sludge creatures with trailing white hair and elongated jaws. They turn slowly towards your recent ally, who evades them by walking in the opposite direction. He licks the blood from his fingers.

"Pah. Magical construct."

This has been slightly embarassing. The vampires evidently haven't made the connection between you and Jimmy, thinking instead that he was allied with the recent assailant. That doesn't stop the two young ones behind you putting you in an armlock and forcing you against the wall. The old one gets right in your face after grabbing your beast bone wand.

"Why are you here? What do you know about these people? Tell us or suffer. I'll know if you're lying."

Spoiler: sheets (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Re: COVEN: Breaking and Entering
« Reply #354 on: April 24, 2017, 07:12:58 am »

Ben kicks one the corpses, before sighing and walking back to the receptionist. "See?  What did I tell you?  They're all like this, real men wouldn't charge a gunman with swords, but they aren't real men.  Idiots even stab themselves whenever they get a papercut, it's crazy.  I only winged the one but he's probably off sobbing and failing to commit suicide in some corner now.  I'm telling you, you don't want to get entangled with people like that.

Return to the receptionist, then relax watchfully near her while giving her some life advice.  Shoot any samurai that decide to come by, nice clean headshots this time.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 24, 2017, 09:06:07 am »

"I..I am part of a Coven. A bunch of witches. I'm a fresh recruit, with only one failed mission under my belt. A bunch of other witches are here, too. We were all sent here to find the Recluse, who COULD end up being a danger to everyone in the building. I knew nothing about there being vampires here before our encounter. I asked you the question about the unwanted unusual garbage so that I could figure my out if the occupant of the apartment was the recluse or not. As soon as I suspected you were some sort of vampires, and NOT a single recluse, I wanted to just leave and sorta pretend this encounter never happened. But then I saw a theiving co-witch of mine, named Jimmy,in your apartment, and thought he was going to steal from you all. I was sure that you would find him out  and think I was some accomplice of his, even if I ratted him out then and there, since we're both witches, so I felt like I had no choice but to pretend he wasn't there stealing anything, and hope I could get away from this building quick enough to never see you again. But then he cast a bright spell for no reason whatever, and all it did was draw attention to him and stun everyone else. Actually, now that I think about it, it made his action a little more brave slash brash, so he may have done it to make the act more valiant and make a sword he could make from the coins a little stronger. Anyway, though, I felt backed into a corner. Didn't know what to do until that samurai guy showed up. Thought my only chance to get out of this alive was to deflect suspicion of that flash and all onto whoever was his master, who in hindsight may be the the Recluse. Didn't really expect you to believe me, just wanted at least a LITTLE reason for me to not be affiliated with the flash. I was sure that there would be more of the katana-guys, and that they may have made a decent distraction for me to get away. At this point, there's NO reason for me to care about whatever Jimmy stole except getting it back to you all. If there's anything I can do to make up for what's happened, please tell me. I could make a wand or talisman or something for you, but I don't know if non-witches can use them. I could do you a few favors for a while until the coins are paid off, perhaps with interest. If you have any more questions, ask them, and I'll answer. I trust you all that we'll find some way where we all come out of this happy with what we haven't lost."

If I somehow survive this, I'm probably getting a rune for blabbermouth. Anyway, be ready to react to whatever happens next.

Edit: Also, Drop an ice cream demon. The other one does specifically nothing, unless it would undo my isolation rune's effects, in which case drop it, too.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 02:22:06 pm by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 24, 2017, 09:20:02 am »

go investigate the corpse. Strip it of anything valuable and easily accessible like money and weapons.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: April 24, 2017, 11:06:33 am »

"Glorious nipping steel thousand folded cut through anything."

Grab a sword and cast wand spell 2 on it.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 24, 2017, 10:44:33 pm »

"I would, but your magical acid has blocked off the way to the stairwell. Would you mind removing it for me?"

If he removes it, head back down the stairwell and go visit Room 6/OceanSoul (casually).

"By the way- that was some !@#$ good summoning, old sport. If I had my hat with me, I would tip it to you."
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: April 26, 2017, 10:21:03 am »

crazyabe?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 86