Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 86

Author Topic: COVEN: Gulled Goldsmiths and Lost Locomotives  (Read 145944 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Re: COVEN: Breaking and Entering
« Reply #375 on: April 28, 2017, 01:43:05 am »

"Acid that makes fire?  I haven't seen that shit since I was in the Middle East.  I'm good, the fire isn't the dangerous part, it's the invisible fumes.  Don't know how the prick got a hold of some, but he definitely doesn't know how it works--we can come back in and get him after he dies."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: Breaking and Entering
« Reply #376 on: April 28, 2017, 01:49:03 am »

"Ah, it's fine, we can wait for the stuff to run out. Don't think he's going to kill himself though.
In the meantime, how should we pass the time? Got any good stories?"
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Re: COVEN: Breaking and Entering
« Reply #377 on: April 28, 2017, 03:16:45 am »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 28, 2017, 09:38:48 pm »

"No, one of our allies had the genius idea of aggravating him, and now the man is setting things on fire using acid."
You motherf-

Ooh, a well-crafted story. I can tell that you've spent quite a lot of effort on it, and I applaud you for that.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 29, 2017, 12:57:30 am »

"No, one of our allies had the genius idea of aggravating him, and now the man is setting things on fire using acid."
You motherf-

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 30, 2017, 07:11:04 am »

The vampires said "stay here" and "don't follow us", but considering the danger to myself, I'm sure I'll be okay breaking the first one as long as strictly abide by the second one. Wait until the vampires leave the apartment, Take a quick look through the apartment for anything light (or a weapon, since I have that dwarven weapon storage rune), magical and/or valuable in some way or another, take some of that stuff, and leave the building via a route that the vampires aren't taking. If vampires are in a specific direction, go the other way. Also, look through the bathroom while waiting.

Also, if the magical corrosion kills the Recluse, we can technically bring part of his body to Vince and have completed our mission.
Look through the bathroom? You find some bath salts, I guess. Maybe some soap, a bit of body lotion, half a bottle of cologne. I don't know if you'll want to take any of this stuff. There's nothing that you wouldn't find in someone else's bathroom. Tell me if you want to keep any of this stuff.

The apartment generally? It wasn't very lived in. You find some fairly nice Italian evening wear in the wardrobe, and get twenty quid going through the pockets. Then you grab a kitchen knife and hop over the balcony railing. So right now you're standing outside their apartment on some shrubbery by the side of the road. No sign of the vampires.

GRAB THAT GEM, BROOM AWAY TO ROOM 24.
Agility: 3

You go for the gem, and miss it before falling through the floorboards and into the corridor a floor below you. It's mostly painless, but you're covered in plaster, and the ceiling above you just caught fire.

"Are... are you sure you want to commit murder, or at least very severe property damage? Why are you doing this? Can we talk about this?"

Position myself so that the cyclone is between me and the recluse, and I am between the recluse/the cyclone and the fire exit. If he starts to get consumed by the cyclone, gently try to pull him out of it and take him with me to the fire exit. If he gets mad at me (whether or not the cyclone starts to consume him), leave him and go out of the fire exit.
The walls catch fire, and part of the corridor just fell in. The Recluse seems to be exremely angry but unaffected by the acid, which is now several metres away from you. You begin to suspect he'd just prefer it if you left

Agility: 4

You manage to outrun the advancing vortex of acid and smoke, bursting out into the fresh air and dashing down the fire escape. Don't even lose a limb.

ponder the following before going back up to check on the others with my new katana and leather armor secured in the truck with my crate: Can my magical items be "disenchanted" to regain the clots I put in? Also, what is the most likely result of turning a katana into a magical staff?
No.
It won't be as elementally powerful as the shield, as it's not made out of a London-ish or urban material. It will likely be very combat-focused though, being made out of a weapon and all.

Ben gestures to the vampires as they walk past "Now, those guys seem with it, obvious professionals.  Money to support you, and any kids, good and law-abiding, probably aware of how to defend themselves in a fight.  One of them would make a fine husband, far better than these samurai creeps.  Hell, I bet-" at this moment, Ben sees Ellen leave the building, holding no more than a katana.  He leaves with a simple "Hold that thought a moment.  Don't call anyone!" and rushes to catch up.

"Hey, what's happening upstairs?  I kept your flank safe, and kept the receptionist occupied, you get our man?"

Follow Ellen [Egan] and interrogate her on what's happened.  Then stay outside with her, re-hiding the various weapons Ben's been using.
Thought he was in the front seat? Eh, in that case I guess I'll have to do something else.

Go outside and wait for the fireworks to either calm down or consume the city block. In the latter case, move farther away.
The two of you grumpily hang around outside like a pair of teenagers whose senile parents took them on a trip to a bouncy castle.

From where you stand, you can just see wisps of smoke drifting out the windows of the Recluse's floor.

The receptionist has very likely called the police.

Fire alarms are blaring, the first panicked residents are starting to rush onto the stairwell, and the corridor the Recluse is on has caught fire. Coven members should probably decide whether they want to actually attempt to complete the mission, or just leave.

Spoiler: sheets (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 30, 2017, 09:09:47 am »

only one thing we can do at this point: kill the recluse.
Attempt to snipe the recluse with my pen knife's spell, and book it if it fails to hit a vital area and kill them quickly.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 09:54:21 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 30, 2017, 09:39:53 am »

I'll take the suit and cologne, leave the building, and draw the rune for Stoicism large somewhere where the people of the apartments could see it. Should help calm them down. Then book it. Is anyone going to drive the car back to the base? If so, ride with them.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 30, 2017, 01:16:22 pm »

Ah Fuck it, I'm out of here.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 30, 2017, 03:00:17 pm »

only one thing we can do at this point: kill the recluse.
Attempt to snipe the recluse with my pen knife's spell, and book it if it fails to hit a vital area and kill them quickly.

If this guy successfully snipes the Recluse, drag him with me and put him in the back of the van. Whether or not the sniping works, GTFO (preferably in the van).
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 30, 2017, 03:03:24 pm »

I'll take the suit and cologne, leave the building, and draw the rune for Stoicism large somewhere where the people of the apartments could see it. Should help calm them down. Then book it. Is anyone going to drive the car back to the base? If so, ride with them.
You had a...

*facepalm*

Why didn't you use that on the recluse?

Addendum to my previous action: If OceanSoul uses his rune of Stoicism to calm down the Recluse, calmly lead him (the Recluse) out of the building and into the back of the van. If he tries to do so but doesn't make it to the Recluse this turn, hang around in a place on the fire escape where I can go back to the recluse and do the action noted above in one turn (next turn) if necessary.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 03:31:07 pm by ATHATH »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 30, 2017, 03:30:08 pm »

Ellen seems to have actually paid attention to Ben's story, oddly.
"Hmm. Good story, but hold up, the police are probably coming. Think we should leave now?"

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 30, 2017, 03:42:46 pm »

You had a...

*facepalm*

Addendum to my previous action: If OceanSoul uses his rune of Stoicism to calm down the Recluse, calmly lead him (the Recluse) out of the building and into the back of the van. If he tries to do so but doesn't make it to the Recluse this turn, hang around in a place on the fire escape where I can go back to the recluse and do the action noted above in one turn (next turn) if necessary.
Stoicism calms down those dealing with shock, tragedy, or injury. He's feeling hatred/fear toward magic, which is neither a shock, tragedy, or injury, so it won't work. The turn he was shocked with the realization that we were magic-users, I had just gotten in the confrontation with the vampire, so I was sorta caught up.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 30, 2017, 04:07:00 pm »

You had a...

*facepalm*

Stoicism calms down those dealing with shock, tragedy, or injury. He's feeling hatred/fear toward magic, which is neither a shock, tragedy, or injury, so it won't work. The turn he was shocked with the realization that we were magic-users, I had just gotten in the confrontation with the vampire, so I was sorta caught up.
Ah. In that case, it's fine. It still might be worth a try, though- can we get GM confirmation (other than the initial description of the rune) that the rune works like that?

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 30, 2017, 04:09:48 pm »

You had a...

*facepalm*

Ah. In that case, it's fine. It still might be worth a try, though- can we get GM confirmation (other than the initial description of the rune) that the rune works like that?
Says exactly that in the rune description, under my char sheet.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 86