Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 86

Author Topic: COVEN: Gulled Goldsmiths and Lost Locomotives  (Read 145795 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: Mission Three - Open World
« Reply #900 on: November 16, 2017, 02:34:37 pm »

((Hmph. Can we kill it now, or do you want to keep going and get yourself killed?))

"Need some help there, mate?"
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 02:37:37 pm by Egan_BW »
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Re: COVEN: Mission Three - Open World
« Reply #901 on: November 16, 2017, 06:03:39 pm »

Ben stops when Nanami finally talks to him, now with several opened pill bottles sitting in front of him and a handfull of differently-colored pills in his hand.  He quickly caps the bottles and throws them and the loose pills back inside the trash bag.

"Oh course I've been diving!  It's an important skill for soldiers!  Hasn't been too popular since the cold war ended, but back when it was hot there weren't any rivers you could drink from without having a whole squad of Russian frogmen leap out at you!  Or worse, they'd have those fancy harpoon guns, and just pincushion you from underwater!  I've seen a lot of good men die to that, rivers were terrifying back then.  Most guys just stayed back, but I didn't, I refused to be intimidated by those freaks, I learned to dive and beat them at their own game.  They never expect other divers, you see, they're always watching the banks, and their harpoon guns are too big to manuever--you come at them from below with a knife, and they're just dead.  Made a bit of a name for myself, they'd call me the Frenchman, because I took their legs.  I was just stocking up, but it ended up scaring them, that's the other thing about the Russians--they make all these fancy guns, but they don't really know war, what it's like.  They don't know booze, either, they drink a ton but they have no taste.  Russia's just terrible, and way too obsessed with their frogs.  America's becoming like that too, actually.  Americans just love their SEALs, even though they're really just fat frogmen who don't actually do anything, I don't remember any SEALs in World War II!  Guh.  Frogmen were better, too, I've never met a SEAL who could fight so well underwater.  Why do you ask, anyway?  You should know the answer to these questions by now, you've known me long enough.  I'm a simple man!"

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: November 16, 2017, 07:36:26 pm »

"Looks like some brightly glowing thing fell in the canal near where we fought, and we might have to go dig it out of the canal and secure it.  Hopefully there won't be anyone around it, but for some reason I don't think we'll be so lucky."
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 07:47:12 pm by Devastator »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Re: COVEN: Mission Three - Open World
« Reply #903 on: November 16, 2017, 11:00:18 pm »

"Brightly glowing?  It's probably a dirty nuke, they're trying to poison the water with radiation.  We shouldn't be fishing around for it, we'll just get irradiated, and the people aren't worth saving--it's their fault for not boiling their water.  And, hmm.  Wait.  Actually, if we go fish it up, then we'll have a nuke... that might just be worth it, you're devious, Nanami!  Here I was figuring we could make some money selling stolen drugs, and you're plotting to sell a stolen nuke!" Ben tosses the bag of drugs over his shoulder, freeing his hands to clap approvingly.  "I'm in, just say the word."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: November 16, 2017, 11:58:38 pm »

"I dunno how to make a nuke, and to be honest, don't trust myself enough to try.  What I do know is that Vince is paying us, and I'll make sure you get some money for it too.

I'll handle the diving gear.  I heard you can deal with radiation underwater by just not touching it, and staying at arms length.  We can then see how big it is, and drape a net or tarp around it, and then pull it up."

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: November 17, 2017, 03:11:32 am »

((Hmph. Can we kill it now, or do you want to keep going and get yourself killed?))

"Need some help there, mate?"
"I understand now."

"This creature is one part of a whole. That whole was made up of four parts: this creature, the mind-meteorite that you destroyed, a symbiont that fed on what this creature consumed and is presumably the large power source that Vince found, and an intangible entity of some kind that can manipulate minds that kept each of the parts connected with each other."

"I plan to reassemble this creature. Since the mind-meteorite has been destroyed, I suppose that I will have to make do as a substitute for it."

Sir Worthington smiles after that last sentence, then calls everyone and updates them on the situation. What does Vince think about it/my plan?

"Oh, and I wouldn't recommend trying to get beneath this creature's hide- it apparently really, really doesn't like that."

"Also, I think I'm going to need some more mind-rocks at some point. I just used some of them to interact with the mind of this creature, and I'd rather like to study them in order to find out how to replicate the effect with something less... valuable as my focus."

"So, what are you going to do now, speed mage?"

Collect the molten mind-rock slag into a pile so that it will solidify into a new mind-rock.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 03:17:52 am by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: November 17, 2017, 03:22:52 am »

"Are you high?"

"I'm sorry, and I'm not your boss, but that sounds like something more stupid than ambitious.  You ran into a giant monster, and your first goal is to make it into a bigger giant monster.  You really want to get it under control first."

"Seriously, I'll show all you guys how to make a giant monster, should we survive this.  You get the little thing under your control, and then you make it big."

Head out undisguised, and along the way, try to estimate if my undisguised form would have had any problem with the money manager.

Check in with the river spirit, and apologize for not taking it more seriously and listening to what it was telling me.  Tell it the story, that the rock monster we blew up and the glowing thing underwater are linked, and that there's two other giant creatures out there.  Say that we're going to get the glowy thing out from the canal and shipped away, and ask it what it knows about the glowy thing, such as how big it is and if there are any guardians.  Do ask if it can help us with diving gear, although for safety purposes I'll be getting a set for our own divers.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 06:08:07 am by Devastator »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: November 17, 2017, 11:57:50 am »

"That all sounds great. Small problem: we want the star, and we don't want a giant symbiote monster. The fuck are you thinking? Why the hell would you want that?!"

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: November 17, 2017, 08:32:59 pm »

"That all sounds great. Small problem: we want the star, and we don't want a giant symbiote monster. The fuck are you thinking? Why the hell would you want that?!"
"But we do want a 'giant symbiote monster' with me at the 'helm', so to speak."

"However, reconsidering it, the other pieces would likely rather kill me than allow me to command them, and trying to curry favor with them would produce much less of a reward than what taking the star for ourselves would."

"I'm still not letting you kill the worm, though; not only will it likely know a lot about how to channel the abilities of the star, but it will make a great minion/mobile fortress once I can get it to respect me or break it to my will."
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: November 17, 2017, 08:38:22 pm »

"So you're going for the 'keep trying to control it until it kills me' option. That's fine, I'll just be right here."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: November 17, 2017, 11:10:01 pm »

((Waaaay over here.))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: November 19, 2017, 12:11:25 pm »

I would like to join

Name: Don Joe

Backstory:

Physical Description: Don Joe (not his real name) is a 35 year old former banker. He discovered magic by staying late at the office in night and witnessing one of the human sacrifices at work, and immediately started searching around for further knowledge on the internet from his hidey hole. He played dumb, wasn't sacrificed, and the coven contacted him a few days later. He had mostly forgotten about magic, but something rang a bell, so he listened to their offer and joined up.

Magic Stats:
Ritual Strength - 2
Runic Sight - 1

Physical Stats:
Aim - 1
Agility - 1
Practicality - 1
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 12:21:04 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: November 19, 2017, 01:48:57 pm »

[I have no idea what to do...]
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: November 19, 2017, 02:03:56 pm »

((One thing you could do is ask Vince if he has strong poison available for use.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: November 19, 2017, 04:57:40 pm »

Go get some materials for a wand, staff, chalice, or pendant, arm yourself, and then co-ordinate to help retrieve the glowy thing or fight one of the other two things?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 05:07:47 pm by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 86