Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 86

Author Topic: COVEN: Gulled Goldsmiths and Lost Locomotives  (Read 145953 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: COVEN: Breaking and Entering
« Reply #330 on: April 19, 2017, 02:31:40 pm »

Hmm, I'll Throw open the Blinds and Walk in Flash wand ready, Who knows, they a might be vampires waiting for morning.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 19, 2017, 03:02:35 pm »

nobody there? Go look for the others. Maybe they had better luck.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 19, 2017, 03:15:25 pm »

Knock on the door of room 06, and stand slightly to the side of the door. If anyone answers, ask if they have any unusual objects they want to be rid of. If they say yes, ask if they are technological, simple, or unnatural in nature.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 19, 2017, 09:00:41 pm »

Knock on door 24. It's worth warning the person there that we're here, so they don't attack us if things go loud.
If the guy answers the door:
"Hello, we're with the Society of Dimensional Preservation. We've had some complaints about you weakening the fabric of reality to dangerous levels. Now, while we don't mind you using your ability to create portals for... recreation, you will need to be trained in the proper construction of them so that you don't accidentally summon an invasion force of prismatic horrors or the like. Fortunately, while the training process used to take weeks, recent magical rituals have enabled us to shorten the time required dramatically. If you would kindly come with us, we could get your dimensional magic stabilized within the hour."
Once I realize that he's saying bullshit, interrupt with this:

"Hey mate, we're witches. Fair warning; we're going to be doing some magical shit in this apartment, but it shouldn't interrupt your regularly scheduled whatever the fuck that is. Ignore my buddy, he's an idiot pathological liar."
24 is not the recluse. Recluses are people who hide from anything magical, not people who open sockets in reality for fun and profit.
The two of you gain a puissant clot each just from seeing him. He's that blatant a wellspring of arcane energy.
"Hey! Yeah, we just noticed your big powerful magical aura and wanted to see what's up with that! Like, haha, can you give me a few tips, because wow~"

Hey, look at that. I want that.
Sir Worthington IV just glares at Ellen with an expression of pure rage and facepalmery for a full 15 seconds (or so). Then:

"Bugger this. I've gotten what I came here for ((OOC: a puissant clot)), you -"
*Sir Worthington IV almost says something incredibly rude and ungentlemanlike, then decides against it*
"- people can meet me later at the drug van."

Hopefully(,) the Recluse will be interested in a "drug van". If not, oh well, I don't give a !@#$ anymore. Be glad that I didn't blow your cover out of spite, because I was really tempted to do that for a moment there.

Head back to the van. If the Recluse wants to come, take him with me.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 09:03:26 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 19, 2017, 09:23:31 pm »

"Jealous~~~~~"
((~))
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 19, 2017, 09:57:17 pm »

"Jealous~~~~~"
((~))

"Cargo pants guy, you might want to look away. Things are about to get ugly."

Pm'd action.

This is between Egan and me, and Egan and me alone. I won't attack anyone else on the team (or the Recluse) unless they attack or taunt me first. If I can, I'll take Ellen out non-lethally. If not... well, she had it coming.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 10:14:59 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 20, 2017, 02:39:52 pm »

"Hey! Yeah, we just noticed your big powerful magical aura and wanted to see what's up with that! Like, haha, can you give me a few tips, because wow~"

Hey, look at that. I want that.
This is I N T O X I C A T I N G

Sir Worthington IV just glares at Ellen with an expression of pure rage and facepalmery for a full 15 seconds (or so). Then:

"Bugger this. I've gotten what I came here for ((OOC: a puissant clot)), you -"
*Sir Worthington IV almost says something incredibly rude and ungentlemanlike, then decides against it*
"- people can meet me later at the drug van."

Hopefully(,) the Recluse will be interested in a "drug van". If not, oh well, I don't give a !@#$ anymore. Be glad that I didn't blow your cover out of spite, because I was really tempted to do that for a moment there.

Head back to the van. If the Recluse wants to come, take him with me.
nobody there? Go look for the others. Maybe they had better luck.
"Cargo pants guy, you might want to look away. Things are about to get ugly."

Pm'd action.

This is between Egan and me, and Egan and me alone. I won't attack anyone else on the team (or the Recluse) unless they attack or taunt me first. If I can, I'll take Ellen out non-lethally. If not... well, she had it coming.
((ONE bolded post per turn please. And no extra puissance from the Recluse's presence.))

Aim: 2+2

RTD: 2+3

Well, neither of you have been dealing with the situation well thus far, and nothing changes this turn. Sir Worthington waves his paintbrush wand at Ellen, catching her open and blabbering mouth with one spell, and something white rushes onto the end of the brush. He flicks it determinedly at her face, and manages to send a spray of teeth into her forehead, drawing blood as the sharp bases lodge in her skin. Ellen twists away and to the side instinctively, drawing her wand.

The guy in cargo pant looks pretty agitated, and screams something about leaving him alone. He tries to slam the door on you, but his hand blurs and vibrates until his forearm has turned into a singing blue blade, sharp enough to slice the veil between dimensions. The doorhandle is turned into woodshavings.

Derrick walks onto the scene at this moment, gaining a clot. He observes Ellen and Sir Worthington with wands drawn on one another, and the thirtyish man screaming that they should go away and that he doesn't want to do any of it. Then he just doubles up and starts screaming.

If those objects are small enough to conceal, and decently valuable, pocket them.  Then search the kitchen area for food, and make a couple sandwiches.  Got a lot more rooms to search, gonna need some fuel.
They aren't really, they'd weigh you down. Everything of easy value is gone. Loads of sandwich materials though, and a reasonably stocked larder. You go for roast beef and horseradish.

Checking the freezer section for ice cream, you discover the white and frozen corpse of a woman, completely drained of blood, with two small wounds on the back of her neck. Drat, you were hoping for Rum and Raisin.

Knock on the door of room 06, and stand slightly to the side of the door. If anyone answers, ask if they have any unusual objects they want to be rid of. If they say yes, ask if they are technological, simple, or unnatural in nature.
Hmm, I'll Throw open the Blinds and Walk in Flash wand ready, Who knows, they a might be vampires waiting for morning.
Goethe knocks on the door. It is opened by an extremely pale gentleman, who looks sixtyish, but still has impeccable evening dress, red lips and very dark black hair, neatly parted.

"No, we are not going to give you free stuff. If you wanted parts of the coffin of Vladmistich the Dismemberer, you should have robbed his grave before we did. We are not selling any."

You notice a partly deconstructed and very ornate coffin, iron and metal curled in minute gothic decoration. This guy seems pretty keen on keeping hold of it.

Unnoticed, Jimmy enters the kitchen of the apartment, currently behind the man with the prominent canines who just opened the door. It sounds like someone's getting up in the bedroom adjacent, where the other two men were. He notices the magical and important pieces of the artifact coffin lying on the kitchen table, as well as a bag of unmagical high-carat gold coins. Currently, nobody has seen him.

You know, you'd have to be pretty brave to steal something from these guys.

Spoiler: sheets (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 20, 2017, 02:48:43 pm »

"Kill him real quick for me and I'll stop bothering you. I'll keep anyone from bothering you again."

Wand parry stance.
Screw it. Why Should I go along with this guy's fucking psychotic breakdown? Escape out the window and to the street using my broom. Parry magic, Dodge physical.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 10:41:58 pm by Egan_BW »
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 20, 2017, 03:22:15 pm »

just back away slowly,and don't question what is going on here like a normal person would.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 20, 2017, 04:00:40 pm »

Grab Coins, Flash Everyone in the room, get on broom, Jump back out Now empty window.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 20, 2017, 04:35:09 pm »

Grab Coins, Flash Everyone in the room, get on broom, Jump back out Now empty window.
Are you sure you just want the coins? They'd make a lot of noise. Perhaps some magical metal from the coffin parts? Could make a decent sword if we ever get a gem. Anyway, I'll try to keep him distracted for a few moments. Should give you time to get some good stuff.

"Y-you misunderstand me, sir. I was asking the question in case you were a recluse, y'know, a person who hides from their fated potential. I-I was expecting the recluse to have unusual items they didn't want around, so I thought my question was inconspicuous enough to be looked over by others, especially those who were normal. I apologize for any inconvenience I am causing you, sir, and hope that we can just go on our merry ways."

Keep my neck safe while saying this, and don't say it hurriedly. If he tries to turn around, present him with the magical item certificate, so that he has to give me some magical item. If he sees Jimmy, summon two ice-cream demons between him and Jimmy, and one between me and him, and cast the bone wand's mind spell on him while he's turned around.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 20, 2017, 04:37:57 pm »

"Kill him real quick for me and I'll stop bothering you. I'll keep anyone from bothering you again."

Wand parry stance.
"Now who's spewing lies? Leave the poor sod alone; sweatpants guy isn't going to be interested in hooking himself up to the demagifier, and he likely never will."

Pm'd action.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 04:45:02 pm by ATHATH »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 20, 2017, 04:51:12 pm »

Are you sure you just want the coins? They'd make a lot of noise. Perhaps some magical metal from the coffin parts? Could make a decent sword if we ever get a gem. Anyway, I'll try to keep him distracted for a few moments. Should give you time to get some good stuff.
Considering That the Coffin parts are bound to weigh a LOT more then the coins and my route out is by Jumping out the window... Besides which they seem to be Vampires so the Coffin is Likely worth Quite a bit more then the Coins to them. Oh, and the coins 'ought to be a lot less traceable when I spend 'em on a Gun.  And Yes, I will Split 'em with ya if the vamp doesn't turn you into a Koolaid packet.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Re: COVEN: Breaking and Entering
« Reply #344 on: April 20, 2017, 05:00:07 pm »

Poke the corpse with a knife to ensure that it's dead.  If it is, return to the receptionist, say the below, in a very relaxed tone despite the screaming from upstairs.

"Well miss, got some bad news and some good news.  Good news, 06 and 05 ain't the sort we're looking for, so they're no danger.  06 seems to be fine, too, buddy of mine was talking to him.  Bad news, 05 was drained of blood and jammed in her freezer for some reason.  Prolly pretty dead, I poked her and she didn't react at all."

Ben pauses here to take a bite of a sandwich, completelt unhurried.  After chewing for a few seconds, he takes out a knife and stabs it into the table in front of the receptionist, and resumes speaking.

"I could easily understand if you want to call the cops, being a civvie and all, but I gotta recommend against it.  We don't really like them screwing with our operations, and 05 looked pretty lonely in her freezer.  You get me?"

If the receptionist starts calling the cops, or already has, draw the P90 and put a single bullet between her eyes.  Otherwise, continue snacking on sandwiches.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 86