Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Unplayable (at last for me)  (Read 1500 times)

Framehacker

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Unplayable (at last for me)
« on: February 11, 2017, 05:47:16 pm »

Hello

I have some problems with this mod because it crash quite often (alot by creating a world and every 2nd time i tried to load my save i got some kind of OpenGL error). Well I can maybe life with some crashes but this crash happens around every 2 times i try to save my game. I played it this way some hours and now the save is corrupted. I tried a new game without twbt and a 16x16 tileset, like phobeus or spacefox, instead but this produce some wired graphic bugs (like raining upside down question marks and some plants look like stairs in phobeous and with spacefox it rain trees lol). This happened if i use 2d mode if i use "STANDART" the game just crash on load.

Maybe someone know how to fix or i maybe just go back to standard df with lnp :/.

Zerim

• Bay Watcher
  • One man's past is another man's weapon
    • View Profile
Re: Unplayable (at last for me)
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 10:09:58 am »

I'd recommend just not playing masterwork and finding mods you like and installing them yourself. Masterwork has been very unstable for a lot of people as of late, especially with Meph adding his own graphics to the mix. If you want a stable modding experience, you're not going to find it with Masterwork.

tj333

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 05:01:44 pm »

I set the Masterwork, Dwarf Fortress, and Dwarf Therapist to all run as administrator and I have not crashed since.

Right click on the exes and go to properties. Its under the compatibility tab.

But my crashes were not OpenGL ones, maybe try updating your graphics card drivers if that doesn't work.

Framehacker

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 03:27:32 pm »

My driver should be fine and i already tryed stating all as admin. But one thing i noticed was that dfhack Spam alot of script errors (mostly with files like utility.lua and item_trigger.lua).
Anyway i play now with LNP with twbt and meph tileset and not a single crash during world creation and zero crashes during normal play until now.

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 10:47:43 pm »

Save often, regardless - even the base DF is less stable than it used to be, and MDF uses a few versions back.  I frequently have to redo work after a crash, but save after any big effort.