Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Changing Monarch triggers  (Read 394 times)

Ygvir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Changing Monarch triggers
« on: February 12, 2017, 09:06:13 pm »

I apologize if this has been asked before but I've been unable to find any information either on the forums or in the wiki.

Is there any way to change the triggers for when the Monarch arrives?

Specifically, I'd like to increase the architectural wealth and offerings requirement by somewhere around 10-100 fold. I want to set up a scenario where my dwarves are required to make certain offerings and build certain structures, eventually culminating in the arrival of the king. However, I've found I can usually meet the requirements at the first caravan and that isn't what I have in mind.

I'm fine with even vague pointers in dfhack for how to change this. Any help would be appreciated but I'm not looking for RP workarounds. I want this to be something that I'm not monitoring so it can be a surprise.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Changing Monarch triggers
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 09:48:50 pm »

As far as I recall, they are all hardcoded and cannot be changed without using DFHack (df.global.ui.becoming_capital.desired_architecture/desired_offerings).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

skelepound

• Bay Watcher
  • Deciever, I name thee Cael
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 10:52:41 pm »

Changing Monarch triggers
Monarch
MON

----TRIGGERED----
My magic mod, Schools of Magic:
----------------------------------
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=162596.0
----------------------------------
GENERATION 28:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Ygvir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 11:31:00 pm »

@Quietust - That was exactly what I needed. I changed the values and they stick after saving and restarting the game. Thanks a lot for your help!

For anyone else trying to do this. Here is what I did in dfhack. First you have to enter the lua shell that is what I do in the first line of code below. Then you can change either of values as shown.

Code: [Select]
lua
df.global.ui.becoming_capital.desired_architecture = 10000000
df.global.ui.becoming_capital.desired_offerings = 1000000

Here I change the desired architecture to 10 million and the desired offerings to 1 million. These targets are very high so if you are trying to make changes you'll like what something a little lower.