Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How to install just DT?  (Read 7959 times)

steel jackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [UNIQUE_DEMON]
    • View Profile
Re: How to install just DT?
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2017, 03:16:17 pm »

Yep. If you've downloaded LNP, you could also launch DT directly from the file/shortcut to file, without using the LNP launcher for just it.

the entire reason he asked this is because he didnt want to install LNP because of limited memory
i am a dwarf and im digging a hole, diggy diggy hole

my art: http://www.furaffinity.net/gallery/tylerrobotnik/

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2017, 03:28:05 pm »

Yeah, but can always delete the mods and utilities they won't use.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2017, 05:49:50 am »

Sorry for the necro but i'm also trying to get DT and wondering if there is a way to check out if you have the 64bit version? If there isn't is the straight download "windows" link on bay 12 download the 64 or 32 bit version? Is there a way to make DT work on 64bit? And last question,  does DFhack change any aspect of the game itself?
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2017, 09:41:51 am »

Sorry for the necro but i'm also trying to get DT and wondering if there is a way to check out if you have the 64bit version? If there isn't is the straight download "windows" link on bay 12 download the 64 or 32 bit version? Is there a way to make DT work on 64bit? And last question,  does DFhack change any aspect of the game itself?

1a. dunno
1b. default windows download is 64bit
2. use linux  :P (...maybe someone who knows what they are doing will make a windows64 build soonish... or maybe not...)
3. yes and no.  best thing to do is to read the documentation https://dfhack.readthedocs.io/en/stable/ and look/think about what you are enabling in the init.  dfhack is mainly a set of tools for doing things with DF (or altering aspects of it, if you prefer) but by default only makes some fairly minor modifications, and all of these -i think- can be turned off.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2017, 09:55:54 am »

One last question,  can I use df hack on an already existing world?
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2017, 10:56:19 am »

Yep.  :)

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2017, 12:53:13 am »

Thanks,  after reading through the documentation I feel like I need DFhack :P
Pages: 1 [2]