Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM 2 gets cancelled!  (Read 25974 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM 2! King Wynarn of Duria!
« Reply #150 on: February 16, 2017, 12:05:40 pm »

You ordewr the Admiral to go forth and sink the upstarts once again, for glory of Duria.

521 DC, Late Spring

You receive news that Durian navy has sunk many Nestel galleys and suffered a net loss of eight ships itself.

The letter from High Lord Kumotar arrives; he writes in his reply that there's nothing in the tradition of the Duria about the King deciding whom the High Lords should marry, and therefore he will take a barbarian wife if he so well pleases, and feels he has nothing to explain.

A) Threaten to demote him if he does not reconsider.
B) Leave it at that.
C) Hire the Black Guild to remove this impudent border lord!
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 16, 2017, 12:09:49 pm »

B

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 16, 2017, 12:20:38 pm »

B

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 16, 2017, 12:21:14 pm »

We may not have the power to decide who he marries, but we are his superior, so his refusal to explain himself is nothing less than insubordination.
If we don't make an example if him, it will only encourage others to act similarly.
The hierarchy is the law, and all lawbreakers will be persecuted!

C

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 16, 2017, 12:35:06 pm »

B. Looks like that Durian Lords and Kings are professional in nature and can only do as much as the laws and customs of the land allows.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 16, 2017, 12:39:53 pm »

B

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 16, 2017, 12:57:06 pm »

Well. That's ominous. Why so defensive, Kumotar? Are you perhaps hoping to secure the aid of the barbarians to increase your own power?
On the other hand, he hasn't done anything wrong, strictly speaking. And we have a big army, which should be fairly loyal to us at the moment, so we shouldn't have to worry too much about an armed uprising.
The assassination option will still be on the table later if he starts making more trouble.

B
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 01:58:50 pm by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 16, 2017, 01:04:19 pm »

A

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 16, 2017, 01:12:01 pm »

A
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 02:10:51 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 16, 2017, 01:17:32 pm »

B
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 16, 2017, 01:23:13 pm »

Looks like that Durian Lords and Kings are professional in nature and can only do as much as the laws and customs of the land allows.
I understand that there is no law that says "Durian Lords must answer all the questions posed to them by the King." Also, I agree that it would be perfectly acceptable to enforce the laws simply to their letter, and no more, as you suggest.
However, there is more to a strong hierarchy than a legal list of titles, rights, and responsibilities. There must also be the spirit of loyalty, which the laws were created to promote and protect. Without that spirit, the laws are just a puzzle for the cunning and ambitious to work around, which brings me to my second point.
One of the most important features of loyalty is transparency. It proves one's dedication to the cause (in our case, growing and maintaining an empire), and reveals those who would work against it. Although that High Lord Kumotar may declare himself (if questioned) to be as loyal as any Lord, he lacks the transparency to prove it.
To clarify, this is no longer a matter of whether or not Kumotar is secretly a traitor. It's of whether or not Kumotar is loyal enough, and I think that matter is settled.
Even so, I will concede that taking him out like this is unfair. Perhaps the King before us was a little more lax, so we just need to show the High Lords that those days are over. By giving him a chance to reconsider, the other High Lords will accept our new policy more willingly.

TL;DR: Loyalty is at least as important as laws. Transparency is part of loyalty. Kumotar is being secretive, so he is guilty, but we'll give him a break.

On that note, I change my vote to A.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 16, 2017, 01:57:42 pm »

Hey, you know what? That's a fair argument. I'll change my vote to

A
Long Live United Forenia!

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 16, 2017, 01:59:29 pm »

I guess Pavellius has a point so I change my vote to

A

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 16, 2017, 02:14:08 pm »

You leave it at that.

521 DC, Summer

Your wife gives birth to your first son! She names him Weddar, and he will succeed you as Wyndarn II, when you die!

Your Navy has sunk twenty transport galleys of the Nestels and few large warships south of Toldya island! They've thwarted an invasion against the island, prompting the Nestel ships in other coastal regions to quickly retreat. The Admiral asks if he is to patrol the waters or head home.

A) The havy did it job, so it should return to the safe harbors now.
B) Indeed, they shall spend next few months around Toldya island to make sure the Nestels won't try anything.
C) Patrol!? More like prepare to carry the Army to invade the remaining Nestel islands!!
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 16, 2017, 02:18:19 pm »

C, let's go and fuck them up to teach them not to try that again. Gotta cripple our adversaries while the getting is good.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27