Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [1.23] Dwarf Mode - Stockipiling Horn/Hoof Daggers not Possible?  (Read 673 times)

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[1.23] Dwarf Mode - Stockipiling Horn/Hoof Daggers not Possible?
« on: February 13, 2017, 03:04:30 pm »

So, the tanner can mold horns and hoofs into large daggers. The problem comes into being that, once it gets made, it just sits there forever, no matter if you have every possible stockpile enabled. Even if you deconstruct the tanner, it just on the ground. So far, the only way I've found to actually "store" them is to mark them for dumping, and having it on the dump zone.

Any way around it? Or do they just really not count?
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [1.23] Dwarf Mode - Stockipiling Horn/Hoof Daggers not Possible?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 07:49:16 am »

The problem is the material doesn't count as a valid material for weapon production.  The weapon exists, and can be forced equipped in the military screen through choosing specific equipment for a character.  It can be hauled to the depot for sell.  It just won't stockpile, because the item can't match any valid weapon category.

Other materials suffer similar issues, glass, gems, rock... wood is only valid for training weapons, ammo, and bows, bone is only valid for bows and ammo.

There's no way to get around it without making the material a metal.  At which point it can be melted in the smelter into bars...

If anyone else has info on this beyond what my own testing has shown, I would appreciate it.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal