Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Gates of Tardore Prologue: Chance Meetings  (Read 7102 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Gates of Tardore Prologue: Chance Meetings
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2017, 08:44:35 pm »

"Not busy at all. No classes today and I did all the required research time before I headed out." she trails off, her own eyes drifting to the Cor Gate. She bit her lip, but the moment passed quickly. "I have some money left, we can find a cafe or bar or something to sit at..."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2017, 08:44:55 pm »

"No... I'm afraid that the Cor of ages past is simply that. Past. The connection that was is gone. A shame, but a truth we must remember lest we hope for unachievable things..."

He sighed and smiled back at the Lukas, taking his hand.

"I'm sorry. I know I ramble some times. Cor was always of interest to me, though really all the worlds are. Cerin. Cerin Rune. Wanderer I suppose. A former member of Hub guard, but not my type of thing."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2017, 08:51:15 pm »

: "A pleasure, Mister Rune. And don't worry about rambling; anyone who has been through the Academy has heard so much of it from so many aged professors that it no longer bothers them.

"In any case...there is so much about the Gates that we never understood, or once did but is hidden away somewhere. It may be possible that the connection will reappear, or we will find a new one hidden under our noses the entire time. This is, of course, idle speculation. Perhaps Cor is indeed lost for all time."
The mage suddenly chuckled to himself.

: "Speaking of rambling! I apologize, I did not mean to interrupt your musings. Would you prefer me to leave you in peace?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2017, 08:52:17 pm »

Burhardt looked around them, still frowning slightly. "Maybe in a bit. Why don't we sit by the fountain? I should probably dry out a bit more before I go inside anywhere, still kinda wet from the snow." Burhardt started to make his way toward the fountain, slowly to make sure Luna was going to follow him.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2017, 08:54:29 pm »

"It is fine. There's no reason to worry about such a thing. I am used to it as you are. And no need to leave me alone. I am not waiting for anything specific. More like waiting for someone. A wanderer such as myself needs someone to employ him after all. So when I have no job, I simply wait here for a group to show up that might be wanting to hire more protection. And you? Are you simply here to relax for the afternoon?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2017, 08:56:47 pm »

"Sure. I think you got me a bit damp with that hug, anyway, and the owners probably wouldn't appreciate it." she says, indicating how the front of her clothes was slightly discolored from the water in Burhardt's clothes. She follows him to the fountain.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2017, 09:06:31 pm »

: "I certainly wish I was. However, I am here on business today, same as you. I'm just trying to get a feel for my new assignment before I begin in earnest."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2017, 09:08:20 pm »

"Oh, uh, sorry." Burhardt sat at the fountain, and patted a spot next to him. "Yeah, Tangur is brutal. If it isn't snowing, the wind is whipping up snow off the ground and straight into your face. Probably better than Sielon though. I'd rather have cold water come from the outside rather than sweat from the inside, know what I mean? And really you don't get too much melt before you come back through, too damn cold for that."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2017, 09:17:32 pm »

"Don't worry, you always were a hugger." Luna says, sitting down beside Burhardt, crossing her legs and leaning back. "Sweating is really irritating, yeah. What other worlds have you visited, besides Tangur?"
Sigtext!

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2017, 09:21:22 pm »

Xeno found himself back on hub once again. He had very, very briefly passed through on his way to Anstante for his life changing trial and had come back to have a custom tome commissioned for him. Word had just reached him on Tangur that it had been completed so he had come to pick it up. He could certainly feel a strange magical aura from the thing, it was much different from the Singe tome he carried.

Hearing someone mention both Tangur and Sielon on his way back to the Tangur gate, he couldn't help but interject with his own thoughts.

"I must agree with you, stranger. While Tangur is little more than a death trap to the unprepared, Sielon has the worse climate."
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2017, 09:26:22 pm »

"Well, I've been through each of the gates, but I dunno if I'd say that I've really visited-" Burhardt found himself interrupted by another man. A mage, by the look of him. "Uh, yeah. I think the best reasoning I've heard is 'you can always put more clothes on, but you can only take so much off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2017, 09:31:40 pm »

Tio, for his part, was just standing nearby and staring at the various things, though he was sort of listening to the conversation these humans were having. Not that much of it made any sense. He understood about the gates - that's why humans were on Ssistyl, after all - but these other names like Tangur and Sielon had no meaning to him whatsoever. Regardless, it seemed these people knew about things, so he decided to stick around for a bit - unobtrusively, he thought, despite being the only demihuman in the vicinity - and listen and learn a little more.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2017, 09:37:37 pm »

"Something like that, anyway. Besides, there hasn't been all that much progress on water magic, unless I missed something, so Sielon really is inconvenient in that regard." He paused as if realizing something. "Ah, how rude of me, I haven't even introduced myself. My name is Xeno Ásmundr, may I have your names?"
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 09:44:11 pm by I_Like_Pi »
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2017, 09:49:25 pm »

"I'm Burhardt Reddig." Burhardt extended a hand clad in a thick leather glove. In time with the movement, his robes sounded, just barely audible over the crowd around them. "Nice to meet you Xeno."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2017, 10:01:33 pm »

"Luna Veridium." the bluenette next to Burhardt supplies, although not extending a hand to shake as the stranger is already engaged in such an action.
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13