Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Gates of Tardore Prologue: Chance Meetings  (Read 7090 times)

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
Re: Gates of Tardore Prologue: Chance Meetings
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2017, 10:19:18 pm »

Xeno shook Burhardt's hand, taking notice of the clanking it caused.

"Nice to meet you Burhardt, and you too Luna. Though that clanking of yours is peculiar, Burhardt. Are the times so dangerous that you must hide your armor?" he asked with a slight chuckle.
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2017, 10:22:21 pm »

Burhardt chuckled. It wasn't the first time he'd gotten such a question. "I simply wanted a greater degree of protection than you can receive from robes. I also feel like this is a little less ostentatious than full plate, wouldn't you agree?"

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2017, 10:34:49 pm »

A darkened shimmer accompanied the rippling gate to Sielon. Scant few moments passed before an imposing young woman draped in a vivid purple cloak stepped through, eyes immediately drawn towards the featureless sky with a sense of purpose.
: "...Of course. It never changes."
She glared behind her, back into the rippling turmoil of the Gate, as if casting her memory before turning back to the plaza. Apparently with a newfound moment to spare, she made her way to the edge of the Gate plaza, a slight pause in her step as she reached to glance inside a pack within her cloak.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2017, 12:18:27 am »

Oh. The humans that were speaking seemed to be old friends catching up. It was nice that they had some similarities to harpies such as that, but Tiorneskal wasn't going to learn anything from those three. The other two that had mentioned the gates were also quiet now. Perhaps it was a good time to collar someone of low rank and ask directions... but how to tell among humans? From what little he knew, their outer coverings weren't like feathers, but more like the padding he wore under his chestplate to prevent chafing or the band he kept his hair out of his face with - separate and changeable, almost like the skin of the chameleon tribes.

On the other hand, it was quite likely everyone here was of a lower caste. With that in mind, he simply turned to the nearest human, whoever it might be.

"I'm looking for your leaders. Where might I find them?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2017, 01:28:50 am »

: "Hm?" The cloaked woman passed a little too close to the conversing mages, and tensed as an unfamiliar voice close by called out. Turning to face its source, however, her expression lightened considerably.
: "Oh? Lost, are we? It's not often a nice face just drops into Hub asking for directions. Asking for 'leaders' much less so." Her cloak shuffled slightly as she fastened away her bag, but a distortion remained, her right hand was resting on something at her belt, "Depends on who you're looking for. It's likely to be the Council, Magic Academy or the Templar, and I doubt the latter would care much to lend an ear unless you have direct business."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2017, 01:43:37 am »

Oh, of course. Perhaps colors do still indicate social standing among humans. Her coverings are quite dark. But if they can change their coverings at will, do they choose them to project an image? Perhaps she is attempting to look servile. I really have much to learn about these humans.

"Many different leaders you say?"

Tiorneskal took a moment to think about this, left hand on right elbow, right index finger to chin.

"Hmm. I suppose I would be looking for whichever clan controls passage through the gates. I would like to speak to them, if possible."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2017, 01:57:24 am »

The woman raised an eyebrow at the demihuman's curious expression, but nevertheless answered.
: "The Council, then. Alas, I cannot help you with exactly where they are. Most of this city is comprised of the Magic Academy. Somewhere in here is the Council's chambers, that at least I can say. I doubt they would be particularly interested in listening to a visitor, however."
The woman, apparently no longer sensing a threat, loosened her arms and shrugged in a defeated gesture.
: "Doesn't Ssistyl have a delegation on the Council? I can't say I keep up with the politics, but I would've tried to contact someone who knows them, first."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2017, 02:33:03 am »

Tiorneskal considered this idea.

"It's possible one of the many other clans have sent ambassadors here already, but mine has not."

The prince bowed with his right foot forward, his right hand to where his navel would be were he human, and his left out and slightly forward with his wings fanned out in what would among his people be a display of status.

"I am Tiorneskal Mayuradana, ninth son of Tanirris Mayuradana XII, prince of Ordartas."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2017, 03:08:02 am »

The woman tilted her head, part in surprise, but part in restrained bemusement.
: "Oh? A prince of the Ssistyl clans to grace this land with his presence? Most humbling. In that case, it seems certain that the Council would lend an ear to someone of such stature."
The cloaked woman pulled her cloak aside and curtsied to the best of her ability, despite the now-visible weapons and plates of armor weighing her down.
: "Alas, what mere name I possess is unfit for the ears of nobility any longer, I apologize. But I do hope you find luck in your travels in Hub, whatever they may be, Sir Tiorneskal."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2017, 03:19:31 am »

Tio folded his wings with a slight ruffling of feathers as they settled into place. Exploring the academy, as she recommended, was rather a daunting task at the moment. Wandering about by himself could lead to some excitement, but it also might take hours or perhaps days for him to find what he was looking for if he just set off. And besides, there was still a lot he wanted to see and know about Hub and humans.

"Thank you, but perhaps my mission can wait. This is the first time I've ever left Ssistyl, and you're the first human I've spoken to."

Interesting that humans spoke the same language as harpies and the other demihumans. The woman's shape seemed similar to some of the mammalian demihumans, so perhaps humans were a long-lost subspecies who decided to drop the 'demi'. It was a conversation for another time - when he located the scholar caste, perhaps. Her weaponry indicated she was of the soldier caste - which was a relief, because it meant he finally knew her station if not her name. Regardless, he indicated everything in the vicinity with a sweep of his hand.

"Honestly I'm quite curious about your species. I have so many questions I don't know where to begin!"

There was a moment of silence which perhaps made it clear that he was telling the truth and actually did not know what to ask first.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2017, 03:32:58 am »

The moth knight wasn't sure which way to go.

Man, it was cold! She wasn't particularly good wih the cold, being both small and rather thin. Her moth-cloak flared slightly in the breeze.

She plopped herself on the edge of the fountain, sighing slightly. It seemed to be a group of friends and a woman talking with a brightly-coloured demipigeon or something. She hadn't seen many demihumans before - they weren't overly common in Andraste.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2017, 04:16:49 am »

Burhardt chuckled. It wasn't the first time he'd gotten such a question. "I simply wanted a greater degree of protection than you can receive from robes. I also feel like this is a little less ostentatious than full plate, wouldn't you agree?"

"I certainly understand your want of protection and a low profile. I myself have taken similar, but quite different, steps to protect myself should the need arise."
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2017, 04:50:12 am »

Branwen calmly listens in to the conversations as stealthily as she can. Well, as stealthily as a woman as tall as any man from the Hub or Anstante dressed in the (necessarily revealing) clothes of her people could, anyway. Especially one with a staff and an axe strapped to her back.

Thank the gods Cliona was strapped somewhere safe and nearby, or Branwen would almost certainly be noticeable. If she wasn't already.

She decides to approach the birdman and the armored woman. They didn't seem too absorbed in conversation and seemed knowledgeable enough about this world.
"I assume you're familiar with this place?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2017, 05:12:18 am »

Another female human. A tall one at that! Harpies were naturally shorter than humans, so even though Tio was tall for his race at a good 5'6" this human towered over him.

"Apologies, but I'm not familiar with humans. If you have a question, perhaps this warrior can answer it."

In lieu of knowing her name, the prince decided to just refer to her by her caste. It was certainly more respectful than just saying 'this woman' in his opinion.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2017, 06:39:37 am »

"Unfamiliar with humans? So you don't live here?"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13