Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How can I get non-goblins to spread to evil biomes?  (Read 634 times)

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How can I get non-goblins to spread to evil biomes?
« on: February 15, 2017, 04:24:50 pm »

I'm trying to make a world rich in terrifying, reanimating biomes beset by evil weather and lots of various sieges. To this end, I have added [BABYSNATCHER] to humans and elves so they'll siege me; I've also added [START_BIOME:ANY_LAND] [SETTLEMENT_BIOME:ANY_LAND] [BIOME_SUPPORT:ALL_MAIN:1] [LIKES_SITE:DARK_FORTRESS] to elves, dwarves, and humans. Unfortunately, they still refuse to spread into evil lands, so they die relatively quickly while the goblins spread out -- and I can't get dwarves placed at all except in non-evil mountains.

Is there any way to get humans, elves, and dwarves to spread through evil biomes like goblins do?

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
Re: How can I get non-goblins to spread to evil biomes?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 05:45:11 pm »

maybe it's because the goblin creature file has [EVIL] ?
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 08:12:35 pm »

Looks as though that works. They're dying to the local wild(un)life normally now. Thanks!

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 04:31:40 pm »

I'd like to see that world.

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 07:03:12 pm »

You know, this got me thinking, I wonder if you gave them the SAVAGE tag would they be able to colonize savage biomes. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 07:40:25 pm »

Having just tested it, [SAVAGE][EVIL] civs won't get placed in a universally Terrifying world, and if Haunted biomes are allowed will prefer to spread to those. The elves are the only ones I can get to spread to Terrifying biomes willingly, which is weird, since I removed their [BENIGN] tag and everybody but the dwarves has [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE].

An example world is here: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12730