Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall  (Read 36474 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2019, 12:12:42 pm »

It turns out cheating was the only way I was going to win Theodyrick Laboratory.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

It's hard to tell from the screenshot, but the rooms containing the quest target are completely walled off from the main dungeon area. Unless there's a secret door I missed (the map doesn't show any) or a teleporter (nothing in the area is clickable) or some tool I'm missing (totally possible) then this dungeon, with this quest, is actually unwinnable.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 11, 2019, 02:33:07 pm »

Just downloaded it and a bunch of mods to try it out.

Jesus this game is so much harder than I remember it being.
Love, scriver~

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2019, 04:00:53 am »

The one on the altar in the very first ratroom. I rolled a 60 in Luck. Maybe it's actually useful?
Love, scriver~

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 12, 2019, 06:04:39 am »

Joined the archaelogist guild from the mod to see what that locator was all about (you need to refer to this post to know in which cities you can find that guild)

After exploring completely a dungeon for my first archaelogist quest and not finding the actual quest item anywhere, i activated the locator item they had put in m inventory and it created a constant circle in my view to the direction of the item.
As it pointed to somewhere i had no access to, it made me discover a hidden door in a wall i had never found in my previous exploration (usually in the map you can see the hidden doors, but for this one i probably didn't rotated the map on the good angle to see it).

That's such an amazing item, too bad it's limited to people joining this mod guild.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 12, 2019, 06:20:19 am »

Still doing the first dungeon, going through it with different characters and stuff

Love, scriver~

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 12, 2019, 11:58:42 am »

Still doing the first dungeon, going through it with different characters and stuff

Great. Now I can't unsee it.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 12, 2019, 12:07:15 pm »

None of us can.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 12, 2019, 01:16:00 pm »

I now have so much gold that I have to keep it in my wagon, or my carry weight shrinks down to nothing. Between lucky finds and a shopping spree, I now have two magical pieces of malachite that cast Ice Storm and Fire Storm, a dagger that casts Toxic Cloud, a Wisdom-enhancing vest, a bra and skirt that absorb spells, and an evening gown that gives Water Walking. It feels good after years of being foiled by water sections and unable to deal with single skeletons.

After my experience in the last quest, I click on anything that looks vaguely suspicious lest I miss a teleporter or secret wall. But in the Sepulchre of Darkenezzar, I clicked on a floating black skull and it instantly killed me. I didn't know that was a possibility.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 12, 2019, 01:23:23 pm »

Great. Now I can't unsee it.

It's-a me
Love, scriver~

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 12, 2019, 01:30:28 pm »

I now have so much gold that I have to keep it in my wagon, or my carry weight shrinks down to nothing. Between lucky finds and a shopping spree, I now have two magical pieces of malachite that cast Ice Storm and Fire Storm, a dagger that casts Toxic Cloud, a Wisdom-enhancing vest, a bra and skirt that absorb spells, and an evening gown that gives Water Walking. It feels good after years of being foiled by water sections and unable to deal with single skeletons.

After my experience in the last quest, I click on anything that looks vaguely suspicious lest I miss a teleporter or secret wall. But in the Sepulchre of Darkenezzar, I clicked on a floating black skull and it instantly killed me. I didn't know that was a possibility.
Go to a bank. You can deposit your gold and exchange it for a letter of credit, which works as currency in most situations.

I kind of wish there was some way of circumventing the carpal tunnel inducing search for hidden doors in dungeons. I'll never understand why people in the 90s thought fake walls with absolutely no visual distinctions are a good mechanic. Like at least displace the texture a little.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 12, 2019, 01:37:14 pm »

I kind of wish there was some way of circumventing the carpal tunnel inducing search for hidden doors in dungeons. I'll never understand why people in the 90s thought fake walls with absolutely no visual distinctions are a good mechanic. Like at least displace the texture a little.

Secret doors in Daggerfall will show up as holes on the map. This apparently doesn't work for ones that are activated by switch, but if it's just a door that looks like a wall, there will be a door-shaped hole in its place on the 3D map.

I like them as long as A) they're not essential and B) it's clear that the game has secret doors to look for. The first point unfortunately doesn't apply to DF, or even a majority of games that feature secret doors...

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 12, 2019, 01:47:55 pm »

There are some red brick walls that can do it as well, and there are other trapped objects, even doors.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 12, 2019, 02:02:02 pm »

It's a bit annoying that bookstore's don't buy books. Libraries too for that matter.

Also, remind me - I seem to rememeber there being a brick-activated hidden door in the tutorial dungeon, but I couldn't find it any of my starts. Am I mistaken, or where is it?
Love, scriver~

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 12, 2019, 02:09:58 pm »

It's a bit annoying that bookstore's don't buy books. Libraries too for that matter.

Also, remind me - I seem to rememeber there being a brick-activated hidden door in the tutorial dungeon, but I couldn't find it any of my starts. Am I mistaken, or where is it?

The only one I can remember is in the "throne room" shortly before the exit. On the left side of the stairs there's a locked hidden door that looks like a wall.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 12, 2019, 03:27:08 pm »

Got into the Archeologists guild (from the mod) and advanced enough to buy locator charges. They really do show you how you're always close to the target, unless the dungeon is huge or his hidden paths early on.

I'm still saving for that house, cause boat is not enough. I might get one from a knightly order sooner though.

I have 10 magic items by now: Cloth amulet of shocking, Bracer of Wildfire, Mark of Recall, Unrestrainable Mark (free action), Sapphire of Wildfire, Long Shirt of Featherweight, Rare Symbol of Paralysis, Silent Holy Water (silence), Dwarven Dai-katana of featherweight and Steel Broadsword of Magicka.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14